So hey, the Shinigami-sama earphones, has any one successfully made one?

Started by RaddaX2, November 09, 2008, 06:05:34 PM

RaddaX2

I dunno if I can wait till fanime to find out if it exist at all.  Has anyone here tried making one?  I looked over google this is what I found.

http://skyfire-88.deviantart.com/art/shinigami-sama-earphones-99418599

It's alright looking but I was hoping someone could make it look more fine and detailed, with that sort of gloss/shine that most plastic earphones have.  Or at the very least explain how to make my own plastic accessories.  I'm really interested in how that's done.
It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

XpHoBiaX

Fimo?
Resin?
Melt and mold plastic?

I have no idea. Resin seems the best bet though for durability. You'd have to make a mold, the pour the resin in/over.

Latex could work too, for flexability, and would be cool as a slip on type of deal. You'd have to make a clay mold and paint the latex on the mold.

That is all I can come up with...I am not sure at all if any of that would work. (I don't have materials or time to try it either)

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Leyoto

I would suggest making it out of clay, and possibly baking it, to make it sturdy, then glue them onto the headphone, make sure they are shaped properly so that they fit back on after you bake them. I found that this one brand of glue-glaze, called Mod Podge tends to make a plastic like texture and look to it. If you plan to buy it, make sure to get the smallest size you can, it lasts a lot longer than a normal thing of paint, and if you are like me, it gets rarely used.

If you want I could do it for you as a cheap commision, I've made lots of props before, and I'm better at smaller scale objects than larger scale ones. But iunno, its up to you XD but pm me if you are interested.
Cosplays '09
---------
~*Walolita
~*Soul Eater - Mizune 3 mouse form
~*AJAA: Apollo Justice (maybe)

(icon by Croik)

Jerry

in short yes, my roommate did it with some modeling clay and some paint.

it was VERY easy for him, but thats because he's all artsy like that.

you cant see them in detail but he's wearing them in this picture which is from Yaoi Con 2008.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

macaulayman

those should be easy to fabricate or cast. do thry need to work?