Poll: Group Reg (please comment)

Started by ewu, November 09, 2008, 06:36:33 PM

Shall Registration bring back Group Reg?

Yes (state why below)
No

ewu

it does very much so. As my esteemed colleague, Liz, pointed out, individually, the person registering must have corresponding ID to the name on our records.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

timemaiden

I actually liked the old system of group pre-registrations quite a bit. The only problem I had was that they used to organize the badges by names--not id. Last year though, they sorted it out by id, so it should be pretty easy to pull badges out now. I also liked the fact that there was a 10% discount from what I remember.

Maybe something that might solve these problems would be a very clear and short FAQ or disclaimer as to how to run a successful and happy group registration process between Fanime and the group. Make it clear that after the badges are released to the group leader, the responsibility for the distribution of these badges are on the group leader--not Fanime. In high school, I was in charge of picking up some 100 badges for the anime club and I made sure that I contacted everyone as to how they were to obtain their badge...

First of all, I emailed the members of my pre-registration group weekly reminding them that I was going to distribute the badges on the Friday of fanime at the anime club. If people wanted their badge earlier, they would have to contact me. It was my responsibility as group leader to see that they got their badges.

Secondly, I made sure that everyone had my phone number since I was the group leader. I constantly checked my email as well because I wanted to make sure that I could reply to any of the questions club members had.

Thirdly, I contacted the registration staff before I picked up the group badges. I actually had 3 different groups of badges to pick up. Antonio suggested that I forward my cell phone so that they can make a note that it was picked up by me on their database. In otherwords, if my members somehow did not contact me to arrange a pick up of their badge, then the Fanime registration staff has my information so they could contact me at on site.

I also REALLY liked the idea that only the group leader could pick up the badges. The reason why I liked this idea was because many of the people who pre-registered didn't finish fund raising or didn't finish paying for the badge. I would not like the idea of me pre-registering a whole lot of people who decided just not to pay for the badge and have the privilege to pick it up.

Anyways, group pre-registration is irrelevant to me now since I'm wayy out of high school. I just wanted to say that I really did like the experience of group registration system at Fanime. Seriously, a good faq/disclaimer might solve the problem. As for the group leaders that do lose some 300+ badges--all I can say is that they were very irresponsible and that Fanime is not liable for the actions of a irresponsible non-affiliated with Fanime group leader. They will just have to man it up and pay for the losses.

Momfish

Group registration would be a big help to people like me who bring minors to Fanime. I've got three separate registrations going to three emails, and that is just for my family, not including the kids I am supervising. They can't check in until I am there, anyway, so it would be a lot easier if I could just have everything together.

FanFicGuru

Fanime 09 is over and I would like to request early on that Group Registration be brought back for 2010. I think the reasons for bringing it back have been laid out multiple times now so I won't beat a dead horse, but please consider it.

Thank you.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

SOawesomeness

I think eric said back a few pages or so that we would consider it but couldn't implement this year cos it was too close to Fanime (granted, it was a while, but we would have needed that feedback much in advance.)
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

ewu

this will be one of the things we discuss as we review and evaluate this year's con and plan into the next
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Zero_Kirby

I would so like group reg back right now also :3 and I haven't lost badges either

ayame_nguyen

I am so fore group reg. i am a under 18 ( i'm 15 :O ) and i don't have a government ID or anything. but my other friends do. since i didn't have this ID i couldn't pre-reg/early reg. if the group reg were up again it would have been so much easier for me and would have saved much time.
my friends could have been the leader and gotten my badge for me. Group reg really is much better and easier. i don't understand how hard it is to "pick out" the badges. i remember another member saying something like all they need to do is separate the badges by leader.
for example the leader is bob and bob is bringing 10 people . so the 10 badges could be under his name in a stack. well thats what i have to say. i really hope that group reg. will be available in 2010 .

idontknow

I think that if group registration is brought back there should be some changes made. For instance group badges can be picked up on Thursday alongside those that pre-registered. (kind of like "cheating the system" ... if you miss the pre-registration date you can sign up for the group registration in order to pick up badges on thursday).

^ however, i see some disadvantages in that too.

i also believe that group registration shouldn't be brought back unless there's is some group discount.

ewu

group reg will ONLY be available for pre-reg. Your group must be established before pre-reg closes. no system cheating here.....

It is also VERY likely that a group discount will NOT be offered.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Sen

Fanime 2010 website and registration are now up on our website. Also, I'm happy to say that group reg is back! The current price is $45 until 11/6/09.  ;D
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Jelly Soup

Quote from: Sen on October 30, 2009, 10:57:38 PM
Fanime 2010 website and registration are now up on our website. Also, I'm happy to say that group reg is back! The current price is $45 until 11/6/09.  ;D

As I understand from my group leader, there is a slight discount available if you have a promotional code handed out during YaoiCon.

ewu

There is currently no discount for a promo code or group reg.

group reg is for your convenience.

promo codes enable us to hold certain drawings and giveaways. None have been announced yet.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Jelly Soup

Quote from: ewu on November 02, 2009, 08:48:23 PM

promo codes enable us to hold certain drawings and giveaways. None have been announced yet.

Oh, ok. We weren't sure. We just saw that the Fanime cards had promo codes on them.

Sen

Quote from: Jelly Soup on November 02, 2009, 08:57:48 PM
Quote from: ewu on November 02, 2009, 08:48:23 PM

Oh, ok. We weren't sure. We just saw that the Fanime cards had promo codes on them.

The promo code from Yaoi-con is for a raffle and will not apply any discount on registration. The details of the raffle will come at a later date.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Exen

Thank you for bringing back group registration.  It certainly made things easier for me.
"I'd call you a genius, but I'm in the room."
Doctor Who (X)