Studio Ghibli Gathering

Started by BrightHeart76, November 09, 2008, 07:57:07 PM

BrightHeart76

I'm interested in doing a Studio Ghibli Gathering this year.  There's almost always a few random characters peppered in the crowd, I think we should try to meet up.  :)

Is anyone else interested?  If so what day and time do you think is best?  What characters would you like to come as?

I will be Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle again.  Anyone else?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

MetalPriestess

That sounds fun.  I'll be Howl with a Sophie.

anime2yasha

Hey, that definitely sounds fun! If you get this organized, it'll be great. I love Studio Ghibli films! *_* I'll probably come as Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service. :3

BrightHeart76

cool beans.  I think that means we have 4 people so far.  Not enough for an official gathering.  Anyone else out there doing anyone from Studio Ghibli?

Examples: (Stolen from Wikipedia...here's a link with a lot more examples: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Ghibli )

Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Grave of the Fireflies
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Only Yesterday
Porco Rosso
I Can Hear the Sea (also known as Ocean Waves)
Pom Poko
Whisper of the Heart
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbors the Yamadas
Spirited Away
The Cat Returns 
Howl's Moving Castle
Tales from Earthsea 
Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

BrightHeart76

Bump

I'm not sure if there's anyone else out there who is interested in doing this Gathering.  Currently we do not have enough people to be an official gathering.  Anyone else interested in joining?

BrightHeart76

There was some more interest brought up in this gathering.  Would anyone like to make a go for this?

hellangel

Depends on when? My group's only certain that we're doing Howl's Moving Castle the first half of Friday =/
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX