How do I book through the Fanime Housing group?

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, November 14, 2008, 08:30:56 AM

Rodney_Pheonix

Which Hotels can I book at.

I was looking at a couple topics and the Housing Group was a term I saw come up. Any infor would be helpful as this is going to be my first Con, I'd like to know what I'm faceing.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

ewu

The housing page should be coming up around January or February. In the meantime, you can check out the forum posts for price guides and tips.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Rodney_Pheonix

Thanks.

Can I go off the 08 prices as a general guide or is that remotely accurate at all?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

KyraEnsui

ewu

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on November 14, 2008, 09:00:25 AM
Thanks.

Can I go off the 08 prices as a general guide or is that remotely accurate at all?

It should give you a ballpark, but some wierd things are happening this year at the hotels so it may be diff.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Rodney_Pheonix

Yeah I saw some threads about renovations. I'll keep it in mind. I'll also see about recruiting some friends to come along so we can split the cost.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Sora

Is it also okay to book a room through the normal hotel then add the fanime housing price to the reservation later and still have it count, or should I directly use Fanime Housing?
"Don't give me any orders."

ewu

I don't think you will get fanime housing pricing if you book via the hotel. Not too sure though.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Rodney_Pheonix

Might be worth it to call up the hotel directly to find out.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Sora

"Don't give me any orders."

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: ewu on November 14, 2008, 11:12:20 AM
Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on November 14, 2008, 09:00:25 AM
Thanks.

It should give you a ballpark, but some wierd things are happening this year at the hotels so it may be diff.

Should I blame the economy or Ebner for this? *undecided* :[

Moonblossom

Rodney_Pheonix

Blaming Canada can only get you so far. That where we blame everything else on our public officials and the government.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Kanzake

Usually booking straight with the hotel you dont get the same prices as booking through the page when Fanime ups it.
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

BrightHeart76

Quote from: ewu on November 14, 2008, 11:12:20 AM

Oh...that doesn't sound promising.  Here's hoping things work out well. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Barnes

Quote from: Moonblossom on November 14, 2008, 06:21:00 PM
Blame Canada! That's always a failsafe.

I can't do that. They gave us Rush (the band)

On topic: Jan. or Feb. eh? Weird things? Better keep me guard up.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Rodney_Pheonix

Gah that would be horrible if right before the con Hilton and Marriot both went bankrupt.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on November 16, 2008, 12:17:14 AM
Gah that would be horrible if right before the con Hilton and Marriot both went bankrupt.

SHHHH jesus man. Don't say shit like that...

Besides, in 6 months we'll at least know where we stand. The reason the economic crisis is so bad now is because we keep getting this bad news trickling in and it hits the market hard. If Obama or some big financial person (yeah that's my technical term) came out and said "Alright, here's all the terrible news about the economy, BUT here's some things we can do to help." the market would no doubt go down, a lot, but then it would actually hit a bottom.

Anyways, stay optimistic!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Rodney_Pheonix

Wonder what it would take for us congoers to get dirt cheap hotel fares through the Hilton and Marriot?

Act of god? Mob threats? Presidential order? Alien's landing and saying "we come in peace"? I have too much spare time.. then again I can't seem to find a job....
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on November 16, 2008, 12:25:20 PM
Wonder what it would take for us congoers to get dirt cheap hotel fares through the Hilton and Marriot?

Act of god? Mob threats? Presidential order? Alien's landing and saying "we come in peace"? I have too much spare time.. then again I can't seem to find a job....

Well, I don't know the details of what's going on behind the scenes in working out deals, but no doubt the bad economy is having some impact on negotiations.

In any case, if things work out we almost always get really good deals on rooms as it is. Many rooms are 99-109 a night, and suites are usually just 10-20 dollars more per night. Compared to average pricing of these hotels, an average Fanime congoer already saves over 100 dollars easily over the course of the 3 nights.

So, here's hoping that the Fanime staffers appeal to the better side of the Hotel representatives, and remember that your behavior at Fanime also impacts their willingness to work with us, which is why it's so important that everyone follows the rules that not only the Fanime staffers put forward, but also the Hotels.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015