FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Jun-Watarase

People who use "though", "but", and "however" for no reason at all. Example would be, "You're pretty, but your eyes are nice though."

People who.... type ... random... ellipsis... to sound emo... or perhaps...they're... trying to...imitate... William Shatner.... ... ...

People that keep calling your phone after you've told them a billion times that they have the wrong number, or people who have the right number but think it's wrong when you say yes, then correct them on the pronunciation of their name.

People asking things like "Well do you have a degree in it?" when they're losing an argument about something you're knowledgeable of, despite the fact that they don't either.

People that do have a degree in the subject, but are still stupid.

People who call me and others immature due to age, rather than behavior.

People who don't understand the use of irony in sarcasm and genuinely think that you're the one who's stupid.

People who assume I'd be interested in any girl, despite my preferences, solely based on the fact that I'm bisexual. Also, girls who flirt with other girls for attention from guys rather than actually being interested in doing anything.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

G.I.R

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 14, 2008, 01:11:23 PM
People who use "though", "but", and "however" for no reason at all. Example would be, "You're pretty, but your eyes are nice though."
Don't forget "Basically"

RaddaX2

People that cut me off during traffic but don't have the sense to signal while they do it.

When people who tag lol at the end of every smug remark.

When people type in all caps.  Yeah slot of people still do that.

It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

iNSOMNiAC

When people spit... indoors.

I see spit on the carpeted stairs in school all the time, its really unpleasant.

astroboy

I have issues with people who free-load off their parents 4 life.
People who expect mommy and daddy to pay for their:
1) college education
2) wedding
3) down payment on first house
4) and finally when they have kids of their own they drop them off at mommy and daddy's house so they can baby sit for free.
5) "borrow" money from time to time to subsidize their consumption

okay I can understand part 1) maybe 2) but 3++ is where I draw the line no ifs ands or buts.
I have personally met a person who was 40 years old but psychologically they were still a child.

Steve.Young

Stupid people. Not ignorant people per se but stupid people. The ones who have the potential to be informed but choose not to be.
I'll be the first to admit, I am an offender of this rule time to time...however, it seems there are people out there who abuse it...religiously.

On the note for free-loading.

1) College Education - Most people have some sort of support for this. At least, a large majority.
2) Weddings - Typically are expensive and beyond the budget of two individuals who are attempting to save up for a house/their future. Some people pay for it themselves, some have their parents pay for it, some split it in half/borrow.
3) House - I could see maybe borrowing a little bit of money to help get a better interest rate, but if they are paying the "full amount" of the down payment...eh.
4) Kids - Hey grandparents have to see their grand kids sometime. Legit reason in my opinion.
5) Borrowing - Truth, unless it is an emergency situation.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

astroboy

Quote from: Steve.Young on November 15, 2008, 02:12:38 AM
//
On the note for free-loading.

1) College Education - Most people have some sort of support for this. At least, a large majority.
2) Weddings - Typically are expensive and beyond the budget of two individuals who are attempting to save up for a house/their future. Some people pay for it themselves, some have their parents pay for it, some split it in half/borrow.
3) House - I could see maybe borrowing a little bit of money to help get a better interest rate, but if they are paying the "full amount" of the down payment...eh.
4) Kids - Hey grandparents have to see their grand kids sometime. Legit reason in my opinion.
5) Borrowing - Truth, unless it is an emergency situation.
Be careful with how much "support" you ask from your parents.

When it is your turn to have children, they may decide they want to grow up to be just like you!

What goes around comes around. Agreed?  ;)

Gatsby

One of my biggest pet peeves is when you made plans with someone and then they break the plans with no warning to you and then later try making it your fault. >_<

Rei-Rei

My pet peeve?
When your family yells at you for taking a long time to change/put on make up... But then they make you wait another hour or so because they're not done dressing...

Yuu

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 14, 2008, 01:11:23 PM

People who don't understand the use of irony in sarcasm and genuinely think that you're the one who's stupid.

Oh dear god  this one is high on my list.

People at conventions up here ( WA) are some of the dumbest. 

During a cosplay chess pre-meet I suggested to an Ichi-tard that he throw a very dense, VERY heavy orb  ( 'materia' from those FF7 statues) at his oppenent.
He had this dead serious look on his face " OMG NO!! Don't you know you know how heavy this is!? It would KILL someone!"

I tuned him out and he just  continued to go on and on.

Freakin moron. ( but I kind of expect that from an Ichitard) 

" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Gatsby

Quote from: Rei-Rei on November 15, 2008, 06:49:54 PM
My pet peeve?
When your family yells at you for taking a long time to change/put on make up... But then they make you wait another hour or so because they're not done dressing...

Haha... the days my mom and I carpool together she does this. It doesn't bother me, but I chuckle to myself.

astroboy

I have learned through experience that when putting a Troll on your ignore list:

DO NOT TELL them that you have placed them on your ignore-list.

I did that once and I thought it was a common practice, kind of like telling someone, "Look I don't want to talk to you anymore. You go away. I go away. good bye"
WRONG
OMG I did that once and for the next 6 months the person became an obsessive freak who followed me around on the board and every time I made a post the person would literally immediately reply to my post, quoting what I said out of context and trying to strawman me. He was hoping that someone else would quote him and then I would see his text. Basically he was trying to push my button.....to see if I would reach the breaking point.
The moderators were completely powerless.
Eventually the Troll got tired of me and left...probably found a new victim.

Imagine spending the next 6 months of your life having someone talk crap behind your back.
Yeah that was a hard lesson learned.

Gatsby

Quote from: astroboy on November 16, 2008, 05:14:29 PM
Imagine spending the next 6 months of your life having someone talk crap behind your back.
Yeah that was a hard lesson learned.

Ehh after the first year or so, and maybe even after the first six months, it becomes more amusing than annoying. XD

Another one of my pet peeves is when people follow me and my best friend. Not friends following us, but people who are trying to pick fights with me. So annoying. I don't bother fighting back in fear of putting her in danger. This really became prevalent on Thursday. Her and I were walking together. These 4 stoners began following us. I noted this but acted casual and ignored them. It became annoying when they started talking to me and putting their arm on my shoulder. Sometimes I wish I wasn't calm and was willing to try and snap someone's arm. Lol. I'm kidding about that.

JTchinoy

People who have absolutely no voice volume control.

People who say online acronyms IRL.  (O.M.G, lawl, L.O.L, etc.)

People who specialize in a field or are very interested in something (hobbies for example) but know nothing about it after long periods of time.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jun-Watarase

People who end all their sentences with exclamation points.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Rette

People who use the !?!?!?!?!?!111!!1!1! It means NOTHING. You're either asking a question or you're exclaiming something.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

koji

Customers who try to cheat the store and try to get you in trouble at the same time.

Rei-Rei

People who treat others like shit because they think they're a lot smarter, when in fact they're not.