Pet Peeves

Started by ewu, November 14, 2008, 12:19:25 PM

RaddaX2

People who say o rly when there's nothing to doubt.  I know some people who do it often and it drives me mad.

Him: Yo
Me: Hey
Him: So what you doing?
Me: Just came back from McD for breakfast
Him: O rly
Me: ..... *SON OF A BITCH*
It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

Glitch

People who say "at least I admit I'm racist" as if it's something to be proud of. It's pretty much having pride in admiting your a dumbass.

jazmatazz

people that think just because they're higher up in rank, they're smarter/better/stronger/whatever whatever. :|

...i had another one, and i completely forgot it.

^ OH, that could  be considered another pet peeve, i think. don't you hate it when that happens? :D
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

Jun-Watarase

This happened a lot in middle school/high school... people who learn new vocabulary words and use it every other sentence until it becomes annoying.

People who pick up new ridiculously and unnecessarily difficult vocabulary words from the dictionary, and apply it to their speech for the sake of sounding intelligent... no matter what the occasion.

People who do the above things, and don't even bother to try to use the words properly and most often don't.

Being asked the same question over and over after I've already clearly answered it, then asked again... over and over, "Are you sure?", "You're really sure?", "So, you're sure, right?"

People who talk to you as if you're newbie at something when you've already made it clear that you're experienced in whatever skill, and worse, them actually being new when you're clearly not.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

People who don't text full words like "txt me l8r!" and "i luv u" and the many others that don't come to mind...

It makes me think they're stupid. When ever I text I always use full words. n_n M'hm.

jazmatazz

people who go gaga over pocky. you know what i'm talking about. ;D
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

Jun-Watarase

Girls who try to get away with doing work or doing things they don't want with the excuse of "But I'm cute!" or something similar.

People who use "meh" in place of me, "teh" in place of the, and end plurals with "z" instead of s. Not to mention, those who intentionally replace words with their own idiotic version of spelling it.

Toilet paper that comes off square by square so that you're forced to keep grabbing what you need to get an adequate sized amount of paper-- worse for gals, as that special area absolutely has to be clean. We can't just shake it off.

Plus, the people who leave piss on the toilet seat-- I don't sit on them anyway, but it's still disgusting to wipe it off for them.

Warm seats.

"Irregardless" becoming a commonly-accepted word.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Yuu

Quote from: Glitch on November 17, 2008, 05:31:20 PM
People who say "at least I admit I'm racist" as if it's something to be proud of. It's pretty much having pride in admiting your a dumbass.

This ( in a very round about way) brings me to one of my biggest pet peeves; dishonesty.  I don't mean lying I mean..uh..I require an example to truly describe  it.

When I'm told " I'm SOOO sorry. We're really trying our best to change things, and I wish there were another way but their just isn't!"
I lose all lrespect for that person.

The fact is, they don't care. They care about getting paid and this 'only way' is merely the way that gets them the most money..

I was not born yesterday. I know that it is human nature to want what is best for me, myself, and I.

For soemone to stand there and tell me " Oh were TRYING we really DO care"
Is not only insulting my intelligence, it is degrading to themselves.

I don't care what kind of degree they have, or how much money they make. If a person cannot  be honest with those they claim to help, or even themselves, then they have no worth as human beings.

If they would flat-out tell me "actually we have other options, but we are greedy bastards' then I would have SOME respect for them.

A much simpler one, is " Spoiler Nazis"

"I just picked up Appollo justice today and-"

" OMFG DON"T TELL ME OR I'LL NEVER SPEACK TO YOU AGAAAAIN!!"

For that they get the end of the entire game/show spoilt.

" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

RaddaX2

Girls whose excuse for not exercising is the fear of losing their "assets".

Girls who squat over toilet seats (thats why there's piss on it)
Guys who shit on the floor (srsly guys was it that hard to aim for the bowl?)

scratch that, just people who don't know how to use the god damn toilet in general.

People who claim to listen to all genres of music but immediately state "except country music" right after.

Oh and people who talk during movies.   Makes me wanna RAAGE so hard.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Yuu on November 18, 2008, 12:53:59 PM
Quote from: Glitch on November 17, 2008, 05:31:20 PM

This ( in a very round about way) brings me to one of my biggest pet peeves; dishonesty.  I don't mean lying I mean..uh..I require an example to truly describe  it.

When I'm told " I'm SOOO sorry. We're really trying our best to change things, and I wish there were another way but their just isn't!"
I lose all lrespect for that person.

The fact is, they don't care. They care about getting paid and this 'only way' is merely the way that gets them the most money..

I was not born yesterday. I know that it is human nature to want what is best for me, myself, and I.

For soemone to stand there and tell me " Oh were TRYING we really DO care"
Is not only insulting my intelligence, it is degrading to themselves.

I don't care what kind of degree they have, or how much money they make. If a person cannot  be honest with those they claim to help, or even themselves, then they have no worth as human beings.

If they would flat-out tell me "actually we have other options, but we are greedy bastards' then I would have SOME respect for them.

Well, while it is irritating when people are blatantly dishonest in what they say, it's part of their job to uphold a positive reputation of whatever they're representing. They cannot and should not actually say to your face that "they're greedy bastards". You may gain respect for them saying that, but the majority would be completely turned-off and take their business elsewhere. If they're actually willing to help you if you have other options, it'd be great if they shared them with you, but if not, there may be reason, e.g. it being too troublesome, time-consuming, too much effort that'd intervene with the rest of their duties, etc. Sure, it may not be of the most selfless form of integrity, but this is business. Chances are, the more you b*tch and gripe about it, they're capable of making it worse for you. When it's something that's blatantly wrong and something the employee would get in trouble for, take it up with someone of higher power if you're able to do anything about it.

- - -

I agree with the spoiler nazi crap... people who b*tch at you for minor spoilers like... being introduced to the main cast and what their names are before they've played the game/watched the movie/show, etc when it had already been announced or commonly known. It's even more ridiculous when the same info is exposed on trailers and IMDB.

People who discredit compliments you give them by denying what you say, beyond just being modest. Like when you tell someone that they're pretty... It's modest to reply with, "Thank you! My hair is messy today, though." rather than "No I'm not. I'm ugly." and even worse, "No, please don't lie to me to make me feel better." And the very same people getting offended when they're told the truth, e.g. "You're very pretty today! Just, your hair is a bit messy." replied with, "See! I knew you thought I'm ugly!"

People who start pity fights and try to discredit any depression or stress that you may feel by comparing it with their own. "Well, my life was a lot harder than yours!" and feeling that you're spoiled with happiness because you have the integrity not to tactlessly share your hardships for pity. These same sort of people who try to throw around "You don't understand!" when people don't agree with what they're doing.

People who lack a sense of humor, and get offended easily over stupid things. This is very subjective, though.

People who fish for thank yous and compliments, sometimes even guilty, after they do a nice thing for someone with, "You know, I did this for you." and "Oh yeah! I spent a lot of time on this by the way."

Tactless and socially inept people who won't accept that whatever they're doing may actually be wrong, thus never making the effort to improve not making atmospheres awkward.

People who try to equate "maturity" with age, and responsibilities like "doing chores, having a job, doing homework".

Religious people who look down upon you for not having/share the same religious beliefs.

People who replace typing the letter "g" with "q".

FanimaidCafe.com

Rei-Rei

When you tell someone you've had a bad day and would like to be left alone for a moment and they get all offended, thinking you hate them blah blah blah...
Then they try to start a fight with you... "What the hell is your problem? Why do you have to act like such a bitch? FINE! Don't talk to me anymore..."
Stuff like that.
Or when you tell someone you've been having a bad day and they think your problems will be non-existent because they have it "worse."
"You don't even KNOW how my life sucks.. I had to -insert rambling here.-"

ewu

People who dont finish their....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

potatofreek

When I am punished for something someone else did along with them.
Potatoes Rule the World.
Deal with it.

XpHoBiaX

People who get drunk before I tattoo them. >:/

It does NOT help.

Getting accidently kicked while tattooing. @_________________@

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

I hate it when ever the classroom is quiet an someone gets up and sharpens their pencil, using a loud, ragedy pencil sharpener.

Rude, ghetto people. (I can't even tell you how mad they make me...)

Irresponsible, needy people who blame lack of success on where they come from. (I mean come on... If you put in some damn effort you might see some results.)

Whe  ever the bus is quiet and a group of loud kids gets on.

Immature middle-schoolers.

Steve.Young

...some of you people have a long list of pet peeves.

I mean, wow.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Steve.Young on November 19, 2008, 10:46:58 AM
...some of you people have a long list of pet peeves.

I mean, wow.

Ehhhh.... they all go hand in hand.

FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

Quote from: jazmatazz on November 18, 2008, 10:51:59 AM
people who go gaga over pocky. you know what i'm talking about. ;D
yan yans!!!!

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

MikoChika

Quote from: Rei-Rei on November 17, 2008, 04:50:58 PM
People who treat others like shit because they think they're a lot smarter, when in fact they're not.

This is a major pet peeve of mine as well.
Please, don't feed the moogle.

RaddaX2

I hate all people.  People suck.  My pet peeve simply is that you all exist.

/thread