Pet Peeves

Started by ewu, November 14, 2008, 12:19:25 PM

Dagger-6

I just hate the whole flood of "California fails"  "F* California" messages I see online the day after.

Really?  One issue, a complicated issue amidst a sea of other issues, is enough to make that statement?

I hate those broad generalizations.  I didn't really see any actual discussion from a lot of people.  The vast majority were content just to throw insults.

=

Okay, another pet peeve.

When you see someone so drunk, they're knocking over containers of alcohol, then someone says since they knocked it over they have to finish it.

The man has obviously had enough.  We're not in a frat house.  Drink responsibly. >>

XpHoBiaX

trying to get the computer to load photobucket. @____@ stupid IE!!!

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Liquid

Quote from: trooper715 on May 28, 2009, 09:09:28 AM
We're not in a frat house.  Drink responsibly. >>

This has been another public service message from trooper715.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Dagger-6

The term "FML" is starting to get annoying.  May be just too much use of it in such a short span, but it fills me with annoyance.

Runewitt

people who have sex in the bathroom when there's a hotel room party going on. there's normally 10-15 people waiting to get in there and get rid of some boozo, and you're in there with some random girl in a maid costume while we need to go.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Dragon Ninja

Having to pay a service charge when withdrawing money from an ATM machine.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Yuu

Quote from: Runewitt on May 28, 2009, 11:44:36 PM
people who have sex in the bathroom when there's a hotel room party going on. there's normally 10-15 people waiting to get in there and get rid of some boozo, and you're in there with some random girl in a maid costume while we need to go.

I fail to see the issue here. Just go anyway. >D
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Yuu on May 29, 2009, 08:46:52 AM

Did this happen at Fanime by any chance?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: trooper715 on May 28, 2009, 05:48:47 PM
The term "FML" is starting to get annoying.  May be just too much use of it in such a short span, but it fills me with annoyance.
Agreed. >.>;;;

And people who are loud, disrupt the teacher and cast all attention to themselves cos there's nothing better to do. Srsly, just freaking pay attention and shut up. =.=
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Runewitt

Quote from: JohnnyAR on June 01, 2009, 03:36:26 PM
Quote from: Yuu on May 29, 2009, 08:46:52 AM

Did this happen at Fanime by any chance?
yes.... and srsly didnt want to wait for an elevator, and walk through the con looking for a bathroom.

G.I.R

I just hate it when people at work don't clean up the coffee maker.  It just tastes so great when someone makes a pot of coffee  after someone left the pot on the heating plate, allowing the previous batch to "Cook" down to a solid mass of tar, and not clean out the pot.  It doesn't take long to at least rinse out the thing.

Jerry

what happen to good ol days of talking to ppl in person?

hanging out with ppl [in person] while theyre having X number of conversations via texting, seems like they'd rather be hanging out with the person theyre txting with :P

i dislike the divded attention or the constant text sound FX from the phone is more important that what id have to say...

*sigh* grumble /walks away.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Runewitt

txt talk. someone used it on me at work today.

Dagger-6

The obsession with media celebrities

Liquid

Quote from: Jerry on June 04, 2009, 03:56:12 PM
what happen to good ol days of talking to ppl in person?

hanging out with ppl [in person] while theyre having X number of conversations via texting, seems like they'd rather be hanging out with the person theyre txting with :P

i dislike the divded attention or the constant text sound FX from the phone is more important that what id have to say...

*sigh* grumble /walks away.

QFT
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

G.I.R

When F#$%^&@G Bit-Torrent loads half of what your trying to download, then just stops downloading.

BrightHeart76

When you REALLY need to get something off of your chest and you just need a friend to listen and you talk to every friend you have and they all tell you about what's going on in their day and you really do care, and you really do listen...but not a single one asks "How are you?"

Should I be able to handle these things myself?  yes.  Can I?  usually.  I just really wish someone would have asked me how I am today, cause I really just needed a shoulder to cry on.

Sigh...enough maudlin garbage...I'll be better tomorrow.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

XpHoBiaX

I have to wait to call the doctor becuase apparently something isn't medicaly right with me. @_@ Monday....UUUUUGH
I was out all day visiting my cousins Friday....and came home to a message on the answering machine, with a very concerned sounding doctor telling me to call so I can come into the office.

Grrreat. Why isn't there someone to call on the weekends???? So I am totally spazzing out.  >:( I hate not knowing what is wrong, or having to wait to find out.

2010 cosplay...?

Yuu

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on June 12, 2009, 07:42:11 PM

Sigh...enough maudlin garbage...I'll be better tomorrow.

Its okay. I hear you.

Especially since all of the petty shit my friends emo soo hard about is typical for me. Not to say that " OMG my life sucks"..more like..they cant deal with even the tiniest problems.

Your a better person than me for caring though, anymore i just tell em I dont want to hear it.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

XpHoBiaX

Trying to call my mom becuase it's extremely important that I talk to her, and no one is answering the damn phone or cell phone. WTF?! Why is it when something is wrong I can never get a hold of anybody?

Gonna go call in another 10 minutes.

2010 cosplay...?