Our economy is great and its keeping us all sane

Started by ewu, November 15, 2008, 03:22:18 PM

ewu

2 men, woman slain in Santa Clara:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/11/14/MNC51451UE.DTL&tsp=1

- Layoffs
- Economic stress at home
- Shootings and stabbings

How does this affect us as people? What can we do? What can we do, bearing in mind that we have our own livelihoods to be concerned about?

What other things may we DEBATE about?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

Their vice president of operations got shot...
I'm the COO, I think I'm going to quit my job and go work at starbucks or something....(I say this as I am in a starbucks posting)

People...honestly have to handle situations better sometimes. If you get laid off, it isn't the end of the world. *Sighs*

Edit: Something funny that Carlos Mencia once said....Race is a funny thing when talking about office place shootings. Carlos was like "Blacks and Mexicans expect to get laid off and handle it really well". "White people are crazy and shoot up post offices".
I'm surprised it was an asian, usually they just beat their wives.

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

ewu

Or as the wonderful stereotype preaches: them Asians bend over and just take it up their a$$...
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Mizuki

I have no idea why this is in Serious Business, it's just a news thread. Moved to Things in the Universe.

ewu

because its a very serious topic, but I'm not a mod so whateves
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Yuu

Quote from: Steve.Young on November 15, 2008, 04:05:56 PM

I'm surprised it was an asian, usually they just beat their wives.

Just last week an old Asain man set himself on fire in the middle of the UW courtyard. He too had previously been laid off.

Methinks this could the begining of some sort international 'suicide club".
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

TC X0 Lt 0X

My dad was laid off recently. (worked at a RV dealership, which is really silly considering the Econ.)
But my dad had connections, and is getting work at one of the old dealerships he worked at.
And the only reason he was able to was because the people who he has worked for know he brings in the money (usually he sells the most cars, aka, making the most money per month, thus being really good at what he does.)

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Chun

His situation was not a lay off, not an economy-based decision, according to statements by the company. They are planning to hire even more employees later this year.

Which means it was something based on his own actions that caused him to be let go.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Gatsby

I moved this topic back to Serious Business as a request.

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom