Toys For Tats!! (event over, please delete)

Started by XpHoBiaX, November 17, 2008, 09:37:46 AM

XpHoBiaX

Hey guys, this is the studios' 5th annual toys for tats toy drive.

Donate new and unwrapped toys to us, and we will give you double the amount you paid for the toy in tattoo work. You can donate as much as you want. All tattoos need to be completed by July 1 2009. So that gives you a lot of time to get your tattoo.

Studio price is $50 an hour. So if you bought $50 in toys, you'd get $100 in tattoo work.

Amador Ink is located @
Lake Camanche North
Shore, 4240 #3 
Camanche Pkwy. No. in
the rural area of Ione,
Calif. 95640.
209 257-4739

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

jazmatazz

y'kno i was thinking of getting another tat done and this seems like a good way to go. :P

question, though. i'm only going to be in california for a week; will this be enough time to get this done? o.o just want to make sure. thanks
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

Jun-Watarase

I'd totally do this if I already had something settled... Methinks we should have another tattoo thread.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

XpHoBiaX

We're starting Toys for tats the day after Thanks Giving, and it'll run all through to roughly the last week before Xmas. Some clients have already donated some toys, and we've already started on their tattoos. And you can donate, and set up an appointment at a later date. However, the tattoo needs to be completed by July.

jazmatazz

We run by appointment, becuase it's tight quarters and there are 4 of us and only 2 chairs. So, schedules are a must. XD I can set you up if you give me a date to work with. I would greatly appreciate it if you called the number given...I am not near the computer, I cannot anwser directly to this thread, or an email. Lately I have been tattooing all day. My days are 10 hours and 7 days. ;)  I will be at the phone, or near it, if you choose to call. If there is no answer, please leave a message. ;) We'll get right back to you!

Jun:
Hrmmm...We should. X3

2010 cosplay...?

Kazuko

If Jaz goes im going to tag along with just to see it ;3

I would like a tat but Im a pansy ass when it comes to pain and needles also I have an Idea in my mind but at the same time I am not sure

jazmatazz

Quote from: Kazuko on November 18, 2008, 10:10:19 PM

I would like a tat but Im a pansy ass when it comes to pain and needles also I have an Idea in my mind but at the same time I am not sure

you enjoy watching people in pain, huh. >o lol. it's not actually that bad, depending on where you get it...

and thanks phobia, i'm really not too sure though. i'll think about it. still got a good month and a half to go before i'm back in cali anyways. (;
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

How nice! Charity events are always wonderful!

I would get a tat of Ryo-Ohki if I could...

Kazuko

Quote from: jazmatazz on November 19, 2008, 06:24:46 AM
Quote from: Kazuko on November 18, 2008, 10:10:19 PM

you enjoy watching people in pain, huh. >o lol. it's not actually that bad, depending on where you get it...

and thanks phobia, i'm really not too sure though. i'll think about it. still got a good month and a half to go before i'm back in cali anyways. (;
you should :3 man I would go with you

well I have two image references Like I want a tat but I decided on a mermaid (cause i freaking love mermaids, I grew up watching the little mermaid ALOT my baby video is exact proof) but not just any mermaid, I had to incorperate Lolita with it too so I snagged from Angelic Pretty's Mermaid series

This one from the actual print, I like the one where the mermaid is sitting

Or this one
the mermaid is on the top right corner, I have the picture in my magazine for a bigger pic reference

Runewitt

That is a really cool idea. i'd be happy to donate something if i was in the area.

:: again wishes he had a car/motorcycle ::
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

XpHoBiaX

Donations are accepted, and you don't need to get a tattoo.

Kazuko:

We have friggen awesome mermaids, you would love our mermaids. We could very well do a custom mermaid for you. My mentors' mentor is like the Queen of free hand and has AWESOME artwork.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu:

If you are 18, I could do that for you. Cartoons are my thing. I love Ryo-Ohki. I have seen a real nice Ryoko in one of our magazines we have sitting on the counter. I know it's possible, and there are so many cute poses Ryo-Ohki has. If you're not 18 yet, we could still work out a design.

Jazmatazz:
It's cool, we will have other events set up too. Who knows, you may be able to get tattooed by a real famous artist. ;)

2010 cosplay...?

Kazuko

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on November 22, 2008, 01:47:38 PM
Donations are accepted, and you don't need to get a tattoo.

Kazuko:

We have friggen awesome mermaids, you would love our mermaids. We could very well do a custom mermaid for you. My mentors' mentor is like the Queen of free hand and has AWESOME artwork.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu:

If you are 18, I could do that for you. Cartoons are my thing. I love Ryo-Ohki. I have seen a real nice Ryoko in one of our magazines we have sitting on the counter. I know it's possible, and there are so many cute poses Ryo-Ohki has. If you're not 18 yet, we could still work out a design.

Jazmatazz:
It's cool, we will have other events set up too. Who knows, you may be able to get tattooed by a real famous artist. ;)
Oh my godo I want to seee ;O;

Rei-Rei

I believe I saw a commercial today for "Toys for Tats."
I'm not sure if it was you guys or not, maybe... But anyways. Good luck. ^^
I would come get a tattoo but I'm the same as Kazuko, I fear needles.

Runewitt

so.. um... im going to a local artist next saturday to start my next tattoo. i have to do it in two sittings due to being un-rich, but he's a good guy and my dad took me to him to get my first tattoo, so its fitting i go there now.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

j9isawesome

Why do you have to be so far away?! ;) Seriously though, thats a really great deal.
Formerly known as Felicity869

XpHoBiaX

I may get into the tattoo studio, Living Ink, in Tracy. I met the owners and Razor wants me to guest there when I am ready.  I also met some artists from the San Jose area, so you may see me comming to town.
Next year I know for sure I'll be in San Diego. Guest setting at Judy Parkers' Pacific Tattoo. ;)
Then I'll probably be in Utah, then New York, then where ever else I get to go too. O_o

As for RIGHT NOW....yeah sorry guys. I am stuck here until then. @____@

I've done about 10 tattoos, just completed one for my portfolio. The rest need to come back after healing so I can finish. X]

We're also bringing in another artist (Zach from Sac) who will do another tattoo drive type of deal. $100 and we'll tattoo whatever you want for as long as you can sit in the chair. I can't wait for this one, we'll be recording those and putting them up on YouTube. lol

We're supposed to have a few big name artists guest setting for us in the new year...so I'll be letting you all in on that too. Again, we'll have it recorded and put on youtube.

2010 cosplay...?

Rei-Rei

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on November 26, 2008, 10:23:19 AM
I've done about 10 tattoos, just completed one for my portfolio. The rest need to come back after healing so I can finish. X]

Oooh.. Do show and tell. =D

rude32

I may get into the tattoo studio, Living Ink, in Tracy. I met the owners and Razor wants me to guest there when I am ready.  I also met some artists from the San Jose area, so you may see me comming to town.
Next year I know for sure I'll be in San Diego. Guest setting at Judy Parkers' Pacific Tattoo. ;)
Then I'll probably be in Utah, then New York, then where ever else I get to go too. O_o

We're also bringing in another artist (Zach from Sac) who will do another tattoo drive type of deal. $100 and we'll tattoo whatever you want for as long as you can sit in the chair. I can't wait for this one, we'll be recording those and putting them up on YouTube. lol

We're supposed to have a few big name artists guest setting for us in the new year...so I'll be letting you all in on that too. Again, we'll have it recorded and put on youtube.

Oh shit, the artists at living ink do really awesome work. Inform me when you come to Tracy.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Kazuko

Quote from: rude32 on November 26, 2008, 08:27:10 PM

Oh shit, the artists at living ink do really awesome work. Inform me when you come to Tracy.
I second this
:U TELL ME SO WE CAN HANG OUT Y'ALL

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: Kazuko on November 27, 2008, 01:38:27 AM

I second this

I took pics with the owners' duaghter at their Halloween convention. I'm still waiting for pictures. O_o And I am waiting for Savage Magazine to get to the issue with me. I'll probably be waiting all up until Feb 09.

I'll definately let you guys know when I might be down in Tracy. I had a great convo with the owners and Razor, so it may be all good. He said I'd fit right in. XD

When I have pictures of all my finished tats, I'll upload them to my artists' page on our website.

BTW gas is $1.64 here. O_o

2010 cosplay...?

rude32

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on November 29, 2008, 08:32:24 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on November 27, 2008, 01:38:27 AM

I second this

I took pics with the owners' duaghter at their Halloween convention. I'm still waiting for pictures. O_o And I am waiting for Savage Magazine to get to the issue with me. I'll probably be waiting all up until Feb 09.

I'll definately let you guys know when I might be down in Tracy. I had a great convo with the owners and Razor, so it may be all good. He said I'd fit right in. XD

When I have pictures of all my finished tats, I'll upload them to my artists' page on our website.

BTW gas is $1.64 here. O_o
we almost have it that good here in the valley.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer