Scavenger hunt, or like a hunt period, Updated 11/17

Started by Blackfaery, November 17, 2008, 11:09:55 AM

Blackfaery

This isn't a set event I'm trying to make it happen!
If you are interested in Participating in this event PM me here, also If you would like to be found (like an actual character) PM me too

Current "Staff"
1. Juliana (Me)
2. Joanna
3. MaryRose
4. Patty
5. Jennifer

I need people who are willing to be one of the people on the list to be found
If you posted on here I will get back to you around January (still working out the details)

INFO!
Saturday about 12am-1pm  4pm-5pm

Budget: $250 the prizes are about $200 but just incase and pages run from 10c to 20c
We would need a table near the entrance

Maximum of 5 people per teams! Everyone has a 1 hour time slot, SHORTEST TIME WINS, to avoid interruption signing up starts early around 8 am and all teams will be released at 12 (there may be a maximum amount of teams depending on the circumstances)

PRIZES:
First Place: worth about $20 per team mate
Second Place: worth about $10 dollars per team mate
Third Place: worth about $5-$7 dollars per team mate

YOU CAN ONLY DO IT ONCE PER TEAM TO WIN A PRIZE, because that wouldn't be fair

SCAVENGER HUNT (Example)

1. Teams of 5 or smaller

2. All rooms (except video rooms) have certain items and people that need to be found including people just randomly around that dont belong to any specific room

3. Find certain items that are strategically placed

4. Find certain Costumes and take pictures with them

5. PICTURE PROOF IS NECESSARY TO WIN

6. Team with the shortest time wins first

7. Second and Third shortest times win second and third place

8. IT'S FREE

9. No cheating (dont help out your buddies) and no running
   cause you know wouldn't want any accidents

IDEAS
1. find the video room get the name of a character description and anime name
2. find the triforce
3. find the maid with (cant think of anything here)
4. find the missing staff member (with clues) (I'm not black and I'm not white, I'm not blue and I'm not green I may not be human but what do you know) Something like that
5. Take a picture with a group of cosplayer's situated in ONE ANIME (aka Bleach, Naruto, D Gray man, Kingdom Hearts)
6. Find (this game) in the game room
7. Find the three dealers who ........
Play one game of DDR and pass it
8. Find a Lolita
9. Find the Random egg
10.Sing The theme song from Yu Yu Hakusho Karaoke, get a signature from a staff member
11. Find a character from a famous anime not same people as group picture
12. Talk to 5 artist's in the artists room and discover their name, sex, favorite food, and their reason for drawing
14. Find one person breaking the rules (aka there are rules everytwhere!)
15. Be suspicious of your team mates and find out which one is actually betraying you! (teams picked early one person will be given the BETRAYALkey :'(
16. Find a person who has gone to the convention for 3 years or more
17. Find the guest speaker next to the random item, make sure to get a autograph!

Blackfaery
Straw

FanFicGuru

This sounds similar to the old stamp rally, which I've been asking to bring back for a while now. From what Eric told me, in order to implement something like this (cool as it sounds), you need to be willing to take full responsibility for it. As in, show the other staff members that you can head this event up with a sample budget and a few volunteers and really work to make it great.

Of course, you could do it unofficially, like start in front of the center on Saturday at 10 AM and have a certain place for people to turn in their completed sheets or whatever, that's fine. But if you want it to be a Fanime-sponsored thing then you'll definitely need to be prepared to head it up in a big way. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Blackfaery

Quote from: FanFicGuru on November 17, 2008, 11:16:28 AM
This sounds similar to the old stamp rally, which I've been asking to bring back for a while now. From what Eric told me, in order to implement something like this (cool as it sounds), you need to be willing to take full responsibility for it. As in, show the other staff members that you can head this event up with a sample budget and a few volunteers and really work to make it great.

Of course, you could do it unofficially, like start in front of the center on Saturday at 10 AM and have a certain place for people to turn in their completed sheets or whatever, that's fine. But if you want it to be a Fanime-sponsored thing then you'll definitely need to be prepared to head it up in a big way. ^_^

Ok so I need a couple volunteers and a budget? I'm on it
Blackfaery
Straw

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Blackfaery on November 17, 2008, 11:22:40 AM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on November 17, 2008, 11:16:28 AM

Ok so I need a couple volunteers and a budget? I'm on it

Ok, well contact Eric about it. He's around the forums his nickname is Ewu.

Send him a message about what you want to do and he can direct you the right way. Of course, there may be budget issues or whatever so he may not be as open to a new "department" so to speak...but the best way to go about it right now is to talk to him and see what he says.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

BSaphire

If you modify the current objectives to fit in an approximate 1-2 hour time slot, foot the bill on expenses, and make one central location for the event, of which the fountains in front would be required, but at the right time it could have up to 700 people out there ^^P this could be a "cosplayer/attendee run event." Besides running the event and maintaining your thread, there are a couple of other minimal requirements (I will assist you on,) but an advantage of this is that I will put it up on all of the "Official Cosplayer Gatherings" boards located around con under the "Cosplayer Events" section and I will add it to the decided day/time/location on the Official Thread... which means lots of PR! :P

If your interested PM me.

Arigato
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Blackfaery

Quote from: BSaphire on November 18, 2008, 09:00:01 AM
If you modify the current objectives to fit in an approximate 1-2 hour time slot, foot the bill on expenses, and make one central location for the event, of which the fountains in front would be required, but at the right time it could have up to 700 people out there ^^P this could be a "cosplayer/attendee run event." Besides running the event and maintaining your thread, there are a couple of other minimal requirements (I will assist you on,) but an advantage of this is that I will put it up on all of the "Official Cosplayer Gatherings" boards located around con under the "Cosplayer Events" section and I will add it to the decided day/time/location on the Official Thread... which means lots of PR! :P

Arigato
BSaphire

modify how?
Blackfaery
Straw

LightandDarkSoul

I'll volunteer to be a person found. I'm going to be Neko L and an original cosplay

BSaphire

Quote from: Blackfaery on November 21, 2008, 03:06:21 PM

Arigato
BSaphire

modify how?
Make sure that the number of items that each group needs to locate can fit into that 1-2 hour period. I would suggest a late morning (11am or so) and an early evening (5 pm) this will allow some to participate for at least an hour before many of the main events/gatherings/panels start up. By running it no longer than 2 hours it will help people know if they can participate or if it will cause them to miss something @ con. 
We can talk more (via pm) if you are interested in this way of running your event.

Also, you can have people locate me if you would like ^^) Those that know me know how challenging that can be *LOL :P

Another suggestion would be to find Eurobeat King *LOL There is another challenge! :P But get his permission first before listing him ^^)

Hugs ^^)
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Blackfaery

Quote from: BSaphire on November 22, 2008, 07:33:59 AM

Arigato
BSaphire

modify how?
Make sure that the number of items that each group needs to locate can fit into that 1-2 hour period. I would suggest a late morning (11am or so) and an early evening (5 pm) this will allow some to participate for at least an hour before many of the main events/gatherings/panels start up. By running it no longer than 2 hours it will help people know if they can participate or if it will cause them to miss something @ con. 
We can talk more (via pm) if you are interested in this way of running your event.

Also, you can have people locate me if you would like ^^) Those that know me know how challenging that can be *LOL :P

Another suggestion would be to find Eurobeat King *LOL There is another challenge! :P But get his permission first before listing him ^^)

Hugs ^^)
BSaphire

So will you hel us because it's gonna take a lot of work also how do I makethis offical,Do I gotta go to a meeting
Blackfaery
Straw

Blackfaery

Quote from: LightandDarkSoul on November 21, 2008, 10:46:51 PM
I'll volunteer to be a person found. I'm going to be Neko L and an original cosplay
That would be a big help
Blackfaery
Straw

JohnnyAR

ewu

Quote from: Blackfaery on November 28, 2008, 08:51:32 PM
So will you hel us because it's gonna take a lot of work also how do I makethis offical,Do I gotta go to a meeting

Like I said in my PM, the higherups are considering it. We'll let you know about it.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

BSaphire

Quote from: Blackfaery on November 28, 2008, 08:51:32 PM
Quote from: BSaphire on November 22, 2008, 07:33:59 AM

Arigato
BSaphire

modify how?

Hugs ^^)
BSaphire

DEFINATELY! ^^) A project like this would benefit from two people :P I will get back to ya soon! Send me a pm or an email and we will talk more.
Hugs
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Yukue

being hunted sounds fun
im gonna be yuffie from ff ac/ kh2
as soon as i finish my cosplay it'll be my profile picture
cosplays-
dunno yet

sky-chan

As I said in your "help from cosplayers" thread, I'm willing to be among the hunted. Based on what I'm seeing so far for the Vampire Knight gathering, it looks like I might be the only Rima Tohya, which might make me somewhat of a rare find. *laughs* But, yeah, this looks like fun. :3

Sen

Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Steve.Young

Quote from: Sen on December 09, 2008, 10:44:32 PM
I think ewu should be one of the hunted.  ;D

And the winner shall get the opportunity to staff for Ewu the next year!
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom