Left 4 Dead

Started by Ninj4, November 18, 2008, 02:44:06 AM

Ninj4

Just played through all 4 screnarios, and I have to say:  Holy friggin HELL.  That game is AMAZING~

In cause of a zombie outbreak, Dr. O, I've got your back if you ever need it.

... There's a good reason WHY I lurk on these boards...

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Ninj4 on November 18, 2008, 02:44:06 AM
Just played through all 4 screnarios, and I have to say:  Holy friggin HELL.  That game is AMAZING~

Side by side, mowing down zombies; sounds like a twisted take on a love story, but yea. just make sure that damn hunter doesn't kill me(they go after me too damn much.

Still need to play through Blood Harvest and then Versus Mode, but I'm still curious about that one specific achievement at the bottom of the list...
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

AnimeEmperor

If it wasn't for Gears i'd have bought it.....might get it for christmas.

Kazuko

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 18, 2008, 10:47:23 PM

Side by side, mowing down zombies; sounds like a twisted take on a love story, but yea. just make sure that damn hunter doesn't kill me(they go after me too damn much.

Still need to play through Blood Harvest and then Versus Mode, but I'm still curious about that one specific achievement at the bottom of the list...
>: take my boyfriend away why dontcha' Dr. O you are a jerk ; ;
I demand compensation!! in the form of frilly lolita dresses or mermaid things plz

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Kazuko on November 21, 2008, 02:41:36 AM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 18, 2008, 10:47:23 PM

>: take my boyfriend away why dontcha' Dr. O you are a jerk ; ;
I demand compensation!! in the form of frilly lolita dresses or mermaid things plz
He is one of the few people I can trust with a weapon, so poo.

Raymei

They did a GREAT job with this game!
I love it, I still need to try the versus mode, though.  The campaigns are so much fun!

Anyone wanna play?  "Lord Raymei" is my Xbox Live handle  XD

otakuapprentice

versus mode is so yummy...and by 'yummy' i mean kick-ass.

I dont play on XBL, I run Steam.

Mizuki

LAG4DEADLAG4DEADLAG4DEAD.

In all seriousness though, It's a really fun addictive game. Too bad I don't have money to buy it.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Mizuki on November 22, 2008, 12:18:22 AM

In all seriousness though, It's a really fun addictive game. Too bad I don't have money to buy it.
THEN GET SOME

Ninj4

Yeah, I had a problem with that this weekend.  But there's nothing quite like running through a campaign with 3 of your friends...

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Ninj4 on November 24, 2008, 01:03:11 PM

Yeah, I had a problem with that this weekend.  But there's nothing quite like running through a campaign with 3 of your friends...
only minor issues I've had with lag/interruption are when my microwave is active, that screws with my router signal(don't know how, it just does). besides that, only small issues are ending up in teams of people that split up just to go all the way back for a damn molotov(its a whole block back, leave it!), and not being able to play with friends/competent teammates(damnit ryan, leave a space open)

other than that, its pineapples.

Mizuki

Microwaves can/will interrupt wireless waves because they're waves flying around. Although they're different frequencies it's still causing "traffic" in a way. I can't really explain it to you, didn't pay attention in science class.

r4nd0m

wont lag cuz wouldnt we be playing on lan  :o

Ninj4

Even then, the interference cause by the microwave can still fuck up the electrical signal if it's placed close enough to the router.  All depends on placement.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW8tE93Vx8Q&e.  NSFW.  ROFL.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Ninj4 on November 25, 2008, 04:35:51 AM
Even then, the interference cause by the microwave can still fuck up the electrical signal if it's placed close enough to the router.  All depends on placement.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW8tE93Vx8Q&e.  NSFW.  ROFL.

my route is set up in the kitchen, literally 10 feet away from our 'Box of Nuclear Cooking'.

sidenote on the link: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

JohnnyAR

I want it sooooooo bad

*foams at mouth*

Mister_E

I hear that there is going to be a level based off the town and mall in Dawn of the Dead 2004.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Raymei

Quote from: Mister_E on November 28, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
I hear that there is going to be a level based off the town and mall in Dawn of the Dead 2004.

while I really hope for more variety in zombie-movie-themed levels... I really hope they don't do that one.
Not even thinking of Dead Rising having covered that, but I just think that's the last zombie flick you want to take notes off of. 

But thinking along those lines, the route taken in Shaun of the Dead would fit in with the rest of the game, I think.  (get to the Winchester and that's where you wait for your rescue)

otakuapprentice

the DofD map is a user-created map, simply based within the area around the mall, not the actual town itself; It actually doesn't look too bad.

A map based off of 'Shaun' wouldn't work as well as you may think, since they had the regular slow-moving zombies, but its still a good concept.

Raymei

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 29, 2008, 07:15:50 PM
A map based off of 'Shaun' wouldn't work as well as you may think, since they had the regular slow-moving zombies, but its still a good concept.

If we're just talking "map", they could probably do it.   But yeah, if we're using their zombie types too, then it wouldn't fly.
I was thinking along the lines of the 4 released campaign levels usually feature some indoors/outdoors  flip-flopping on the way to several destinations.  In a mall setting you're in the one building or "level". 

But if it's user-created then nevermind all together  XD  lol   
UCC is a free-go  (unless you have a PS3 and posted a Little Big Planet level, apparently)