Black and White Ball 2009 - Instructors needed (Updated 4/10/09)

Started by tkdteo, November 18, 2008, 10:59:31 AM

tkdteo

Hi everyone, I am the 2nd for the B&W Ball at FanimeCon 2009 and just wanted to get a jump start on this.  From the posts that I have read from the previous years, there seems to be a lot of suggestions and comments about the B&W Ball.  We are taking all of them to heart and trying to plan a great B&W Ball for 2009.

As you all know, this event cannot even take place without our staff.  So I am posting this asking if there is anyone who may be interested in being a dance instructor for the Con.  Please email me at [email protected] and I will send you the information.  Thank you.

- Jim

Update: Thank you everyone for your interest in instructing and assisting at the Black and White Ball and dance lessons.  As of today, we have enough instructors for Fanime! Yay!  We also have a lot of people who are assisting too.  So, the instructor positions are filled but if you would still like to assist please email [email protected]
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

Avairrianna

I sent you an email about possibly helping you out ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Hakaru_chan

im taking a beginner's ballroom class right now at school but i hope with this experience i can definitely help with instructing. we're going over all the basics of every dance which includes the following: "foxtrot, swing, waltz, cha cha etc" and all the variations inbetween the dances. what would the instructors have to do tho? i wouldn't mind getting up in front of a crowd and talking or even taking people and being partnered up with them and doing some one on one tutoring. im not a professional but yea i would just like to know how this can be counted into volunteer hours/how many hours/what are the things we do etc. 

OOOhhh wait... ill just email ya  ;D
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Anko

I'm selling in AA so I probably can't do much unless it was lessons after AA hours. I'm not an instructor, but I'm also taking a class on beginning social dancing. I'm learning the leader's part this semester, and a year ago I learned to follow (though I'm not as practiced in following now, but basic steps shouldn't be a problem =))

Dances I know are: Standard/American Waltz, ChaCha, Salsa, Night Club 2-Step, Fox Trot, East Coast Swing, Argentine Tango (I have only practiced this as a leader), American Tango (only practiced as a follower, and I really only remember the basic step)

Maybe I could help another instructor, offer tutoring for a day, or have a small class. If you need help let me know! [email protected]

MonkeyRikku

Jim...are you my old teacher? Cuz that would be totally crazy if you were, and if you were, sorry about dropping your class mid -semester.

If you aren't my teacher Jim, uhm, I took ballroom dance for three semesters, not counting the one I dropped. But I learned as a follower. So my knowledge consists of:

Cha-cha
Salsa
Tango
Waltz
Single Lindy Swing
West Coast Swing
Street Hustle
Nightclub Two-step
Cuz thats how I roll, duh.

tkdteo

Hi everyone,

Jim here with and update on dance instructors.  Due to an overwhelming response we have enough instructors for the Con this year.  We are still in need of assistants to help with the class so if you are interested in helping with a class or you know a few dance moves where you could assist, that would be great.  Email us at [email protected] or leave a message on the forums here.  Hope to see you all at Fanime.

- Jim
BWBall 2nd

P.S. Monkey and Anko, could you email bwball if you are still interested in assisting.  Your help would greatly be appreciated at Fanime. 
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor