Princess Tutu gathering 2009

Started by Lady Saru, November 19, 2008, 04:45:02 PM

Lady Saru

Hello! I'm starting up a Princess Tutu gathering for 2009. I don't have date and time verified yet, but I will let you know when I do. Please post with your character's name so we know who to look for!

Thanks.

People from Cosplay.com:

Lady Saru-Princess Tutu
Kawaii Spider-Autor, Femio?
Yunri-Chan- Rue
Yunri's friend- Ahiru
hoshikotheninja-Edel
ph1shf00d- undecided
mlarad-Rue
LordMoufMouf- Princess Tutu, Swan Lake variant (?)
grooivexscorp- Princess Tutu, Swan Lake variant (?)

From Fanime forums:

1. capeswirlinggirl-Princess Kraehe
2. cape's friend-Princess Tutu

TIME: 12:30 PM, Saturday.
Cosplay:
Grell Sutcliffe
Marchesa version (B&W ball)

capeswirlinggirl

I'm very glad there is going to be a Tutu gathering again this year cause I was terribly sad to have missed the one last year.

I'll be going as Princess Kraehe and my friend will be going as Princess Tutu.

Lady Saru

My Aizen, yay! A Kraehe! I've been trying to find one for ages!
Cosplay:
Grell Sutcliffe

Lady Saru

Alright, for our gathering day, we have a choice of Friday or Monday. What works best?
Cosplay:
Grell Sutcliffe

Yunri-Chan

Not sure if I'm going to be cosplaying this series, but if I do, Friday would be best for me :]
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

capeswirlinggirl

Oi...both Friday and Monday are a bit problematic as I'm driving from and to L.A. on those days on top of co-ordinating the hotel room. I don't typically cosplay either day cause the logistics of it are such a mess...still... I like the idea of Friday better, but realistically I wouldn't have even the slightest chance of being dressed and at a gathering anytime before 6pm on Friday and 6:30 would be better. So if really late Friday doesn't work I have to vote Monday either very first thing in the morning so I have a chance to change before check out or after 12pm so as not to interfere with check out.

Lady Saru

yeah...I'm trying to see if there is way for Saturday or Sunday. I'll get back soon.
Cosplay:
Grell Sutcliffe

Lady Saru

Alright, I've seen things, and another slot's open. The later part of Saturday.
Cosplay:
Grell Sutcliffe

capeswirlinggirl

LordMoufMouf

I'll be going to a Kuroshitsuji gathering at 3 pm on Saturday, which I guess will last for a bit, and I'm planning to see the Masquerade that evening as Sebastian instead of Tutu because of how my tutu sticks out when I sit (it will get crushed and be a nuisance).

How about Saturday morning? Like 12 noon or so?

Lady Saru

....I'm trying to get it situated out, but that's definitely an option.
Cosplay:
Grell Sutcliffe

Lady Saru

Alright, the time has been set. The last thing we need is the place.
Cosplay:
Grell Sutcliffe

capeswirlinggirl

I don't really know the area that well, but Lord Mouf Mouf's suggestion in the other forum of the park across the way with the fountain sounded pretty good. Otherwise the only picturesque spots I can think of at the convention itself are the fountain in front, the stairs inside the entrance, and possibly the hotel lobbies.

Though, if a slightly off site location like the park is chosen I would suggest we all meet up somewhere on site and easy to find (like the fountains in front) and then make our way to the location. I, for one, don't want to get lost  ;D

LordMoufMouf

One suggestion - no grass please? I'll be wearing pointes. ;)

capeswirlinggirl

Quote from: LordMoufMouf on April 11, 2009, 10:21:06 PM
One suggestion - no grass please? I'll be wearing pointes. ;)

Oh yes, I second that. I'll be in pointes too.

LordMoufMouf

That sounds swell CapeSwirlingGirl! How long have you been dancing?

capeswirlinggirl

Quote from: LordMoufMouf on April 15, 2009, 12:35:10 PM
That sounds swell CapeSwirlingGirl! How long have you been dancing?

I took ballet for 7 years, 2 of which included pointe, but that was aprox. 8 or 9 years ago so I'm a bit rusty  :-\  Been thinking of looking into an adult class. How about you Lord Mouf Mouf? How long have you been dancing?

LordMoufMouf

:) I've been dancing for almost 2 years, so I suppose you would consider me a serious late-starter. People already mistake me for someone dancing their whole lives! Ballet has become my newfound passion.

capeswirlinggirl

That's awesome! Keep it up and maybe you could get into a company. Can't wait to see your poses/moves at Fanime...your going to force me to go brush up on my ballet  ;)

LordMoufMouf

Aww, thank you. ^^
I would never EVER make it into a company due to my low range of flexibility, especially in my back. I'm miles away from even getting close to doing splits. If you're doing Kraehe, we could do some epic pas de deux poses if you're up to it.