Black Friday, anyone?

Started by ced1106, November 22, 2008, 01:56:08 PM

ced1106

Feh. It didn't help that I did my shopping months ago, but all I saw was a personal DVD player and external hard drive at Target. A *long* time ago, I got a Compaq Presario for $350.

Ended up buying at non-BF prices from Boards & Bits online retailer...  :D
* Dominion
* Ghost Stories
* Return of the Heroes: Shadows of the Dragon
* Attriubute
* Once Upon a Time: Dark Tales
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

LordKefka

I went to four big stores today, those being Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Office Max. To be honest, the only store that had anything of interest to me was Office Max.

Target - Nothing I really cared about. They had a 750GB Maxtor External HDD for $88 but it was sold out. Not like it matters to me since I got a 500GB and 320GB. Would have been nice to get it. I was hoping they would have some discount on the Logitech G11 keyboard, but of course they wouldn't. Cameras were somewhat on sale. I didn't care too much though since I have three of them. Their TVs had the same prices as a week ago when I went and if there were any on sale, I wouldn't didn't care enough since I'm pretty sure it'll be Circuit City brand HDTV...

Best Buy - The worst of all the stores I went to today.. to me anyways. hard drives were same price. TVs were about the same price for smaller ones. Big ones were discounted. Games on sale were so crappy. I mean, Transformers for the PS3 for $15... yeah, I wouldn't want to play it if someone gave it to me for free. Basically they were getting rid of stupid crap and accessory items.

Circuit City - It had one thing I cared about which was the WoW pack thing. A damn good deal for $15. Didn't buy it though cause I rather not fail my classes due to an extra unneeded addiction. Other than that, they had a decent Xbox 360 deal where the buyer would get a 20GB 360 HDD with a purchase of the Arcade package as well as a free game I think. Don't remember much from the place otherwise.

Office Max - It's funny because this place was it for me. 4GB Sandisk duo pro = $19.99? 8GB duo pro = $45? Nikon camera $80 off with a free printer? 19 inch monitor wide-screen monitor = $99? A 250GB Maxtor portable HDD = $69.99? Yeah, you really can't beat most of these if you wanted to buy them new at any other stores (maybe even some online ones after shipping is charged). My favorite was the Logitech VX Revolution they had for almost 45% off. It was $69.99 and knocked down to $39.99. In the end, that was the only thing I bought (which is a pretty awesome mouse at that). Too bad they didn't have the 4GB duo pro for $19.99 left or else I would have picked myself up one.

So in the end, this Black Friday was a little bit of a downer (though it was expected as I mentioned before it started). I guess other people thought differently because some of these stores probably had deals on things which interested certain people.

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Rei-Rei

*cracks knuckles*
Okay... Here I go.

Most of the stuff I got were from Sephora.... I still need more stuff, probably going to get that other stuff online...
I got:
Juicy Tubes Rose Fishnet by Lancome.

24K Gold Eyelash Curler by Shu Uemura

Some Kind-A Gorgeous by Benefit

Duo Magique Duo-Phase Eye Makeup Remover by Dior

Ultimate Expression Mascara by Shu Uemura

White Lucent Brightening Protective Moisturizer, SPF 16, PA++ by Shiseido

Apart from this, I still need:
Radiant Touch by Yves Saint Laurent.
The Juicy Couture Train Case.
And some brushes from Bobbi Brown online.

Besides make-up... I did get a lot of food from the Japanese market... We're eating out tonight so I won't be able to make some onigiri with umeboshi... But oh well, maybe tomorrow. I also got some small bottles of milk tea. -.-; Damnit. Everything goes off the shelves so quickly.... Even if I was at the store at 10 in the morning...

Edit: I also got some tea from Hina's.

JohnnyAR

*sniff* There was no anime goods on sale that I could find...

*sheds tear*

Steve.Young

Black Friday was a disappointment for me this year.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Chewie

If you hadn't noticed a LOT of places opted for 3-day sales this year with Black Friday pricing during all 3 days. While there were a few places with good deals on this or that for a few hours, most of their sales were for the weekend.

Personally I like how they did it this year.

ced1106

Thanks for the replies. I ended up with Sims 2 Double Deluxe -- on sale again at Best Buy for $10 -- and some expansion packs from Fry's at $15 apiece (retail is $20). I think I dropped $85 on a month's entertainment (helps to be sick). I'm playing Pleasantville a second time, everyone's a witch, it's not good to cheat on your wife when your child's present, I found the secret society, the cowplant is eating all the dormies, and I need to open a new dormitory for all the zombies. :P
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.