Anime Websites Panel

Started by HarpB, November 23, 2008, 12:31:44 PM

HarpB

Thinking of a panel where it talks some of the useful websites for anime lovers.
Like the ones for streaming, torrenting, downloading, or just to get information about animes and mangas.
if there is certain kind of websites people would like to know about, which are related to anime and manga.

I just got this idea since I saw the panel on http://www.nicovideo.jp/ . Thought maybe there could be a panel about english anime websites.

or the panel could be about different video file formats, benefits of each in regard to anime and how to play and convert between them.

Just throwing it out here. Could explain it further if wanted.

P.s.: I just noticed that this is better fit for Panels and Workshops. sorry...

BogusRed

I think this panel is a good idea. More specifically, a panel about fanart communities would be nice. Discussions about what sorts of community sites artists go on frequently and what they are interested in would be a great way for newbies to get on board the art community train. There are a lot of sites out there that cater specifically to anime artists and fanfiction writers.

Discussions about good tutorial websites would be excellent, too. A lot of people want to learn about various software like gimp, photoshop, manga studio, etc.
My PD account - My Blog
PaperDemon.com - art and writing community

Kava

I'm not opposed to a panel about anime websites...

However, if you're going to talk about streaming, torrenting, and downloading, then honestly it sounds to me as if you plan to hold a panel that tells people how to get anime without paying for it, which I wouldn't be able to condone. If I'm wrong, just please explain more clearly.

If you want to hold a panel that talks about such things, you'd need to focus on the legitimate aspects of that and how it can be done legally.

Art sites are something else altogether, but don't seem to be what the original poster was talking about here.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

HarpB

I am thinking like Crunchyroll, animesuki, and anidb.net.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: daiphyer.com on December 27, 2008, 11:21:43 PM
I am thinking like Crunchyroll, animesuki, and anidb.net.

Crunchyroll is ok because they are actually backed by a few of the licensing and distributing companies. Animesuki and anidb.net would be a bad idea. Granted, these websites pull down shows after they've been licensed, but as was stated earlier, for the most part you'd be telling people how to watch anime without paying for it at a convention where industry representatives would be present. Not a good idea imo.

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

HarpB

anidb does not hosts anime files. it has information bout them.