Blazblue at SVGL

Started by Nanashi, November 25, 2008, 10:51:35 PM

JTchinoy

Is blazeblue still only in arcade? i'm tempted to play, but theres a tekken6 machine i cant ignore ;D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Tsubasa

Yes, arcade onry.  No word on when the console version will be released.  It was just released to arcades on 11/19 in Japan and 11/20 in the US.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

otakuapprentice

Last I heard, BB was scheduled to launch on PS3 sometime in '09, but this has most likely changed.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Shinsengumi

I was there at SVGL about a week ago I wanted to play it but there was so many people that I didn't get a chance to play it.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Mizuki

So I finally played the full build at Chinatown Fair in New York (along with new Melty Blood.) It's really good, and beautiful. My only gripe is the penalty comes FASTER than Guilty Gear's so Rachel doesn't seem to effective as I thought she would have been, but she's still pretty good in my eyes. I didn't get to play too much with it, since both times I had to go to either Philly for NEC, or go to my grandparent's place. Ragna and Noel seems to be very autopilot characters at this time with the game, hopefully it'll change.

Tsubasa

Quote from: Mizuki on December 09, 2008, 11:48:28 PM
So I finally played the full build at Chinatown Fair in New York (along with new Melty Blood.) It's really good, and beautiful. My only gripe is the penalty comes FASTER than Guilty Gear's so Rachel doesn't seem to effective as I thought she would have been, but she's still pretty good in my eyes. I didn't get to play too much with it, since both times I had to go to either Philly for NEC, or go to my grandparent's place. Ragna and Noel seems to be very autopilot characters at this time with the game, hopefully it'll change.

Negative penalty isn't too bad.  I hear it just takes hitting a few buttons to make the game think your less defensive.

Rachel is considered by some to be top right now.  She has good block strings/combos, anti-air, and damage.  I personally don't see why anyone would put her above Arakune though.  I also wonder sometimes if Ragna and Tager should be higher than her too.  I won't dispute that she should probably be considered high though.

Ragna has variation in his game.  He gets combos off a lot of different hits anywhere on the screen, so it's not always the same routine.  And most Noels I see now don't go autopilot on her chain drives.  They're kinda risky to just toss out there all willy-nilly.
-Tsubasa

Chun

I went to the cabinet this afternoon after my final and it seems like a lot of people are using Taokaka and Tager aside from the usual crew. It's too early to tell tiers but it seems like Tao's pretty high up, and given the Rachel footage I've seen she's pretty high up as well. As for Ragna he's pretty there (Damage it up like Sol, really).

Jin's still pretty annoying though for JP "low tier".

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Mizuki

Quote from: Tsubasa on December 10, 2008, 12:09:48 AM
Quote from: Mizuki on December 09, 2008, 11:48:28 PM

Negative penalty isn't too bad.  I hear it just takes hitting a few buttons to make the game think your less defensive.

Rachel is considered by some to be top right now.  She has good block strings/combos, anti-air, and damage.  I personally don't see why anyone would put her above Arakune though.  I also wonder sometimes if Ragna and Tager should be higher than her too.  I won't dispute that she should probably be considered high though.

Ragna has variation in his game.  He gets combos off a lot of different hits anywhere on the screen, so it's not always the same routine.  And most Noels I see now don't go autopilot on her chain drives.  They're kinda risky to just toss out there all willy-nilly.

Yeah, I figured with the running to either drop a pole or something when I IAD, to make it seem like I'm not totally running away (although punishing someone to be defensive is not good imo.) I know when I was at University Pinball, I saw Marn just beating people left and right (although who gives 2 craps about him) with autopilot Noel, but it seemed like most of the good players didn't want to go on just because no one wanted to be near him (lol.) She seems to have material to be high tier, and I believe her to be top, but the game seems pretty balanced outside of Carl being weaker than the cast. I don't remember too well, partially due to my tiredness, but I think Justin Wong saying Rachel is top.

mDuo13

Kanzake

Just so you dont all rush to SVGL, at the bottem floor of the Student Union at San Jose State University in their Arcade, there are 2 Street Fighter 4 machines and a BlazBlue machine. o-o; Have fun.
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

Tsubasa

The SJSU cab is a standard American standup cab with HAPP Competition stick and buttons.  It has a standard resolution monitor running the game @480i at 4:3.  The SVGL cab is a JP-style sitdown cab with Sanwa stick and buttons.  It has an HD screen running it @720p at 16:9.

Quite honestly, there's no good reason to go to SJSU unless you're more used to American sticks.  And, even then, you'll have to deal with the picture being compressed horizontally because the game runs natively in 16:9.

SJSU is slated to get a new custom cab with HD screen and Sanwa parts in time for the next semester.  That can be anytime between now and the end of January.  Until then, I think SVGL is obviously the better choice.
-Tsubasa

renegadewolf

I'm hoping to try this game tomorrow along with DJ Max Technika at SVGL, though it's going to be rather crowded for sure... or at least not until 3ish when all the elementary/middle/high school kids get out of school.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Tsubasa on December 11, 2008, 11:45:15 PM
The SJSU cab is a standard American standup cab with HAPP Competition stick and buttons.  It has a standard resolution monitor running the game @480i at 4:3.  The SVGL cab is a JP-style sitdown cab with Sanwa stick and buttons.  It has an HD screen running it @720p at 16:9.

Quite honestly, there's no good reason to go to SJSU unless you're more used to American sticks.  And, even then, you'll have to deal with the picture being compressed horizontally because the game runs natively in 16:9.

SJSU is slated to get a new custom cab with HD screen and Sanwa parts in time for the next semester.  That can be anytime between now and the end of January.  Until then, I think SVGL is obviously the better choice.
shouldn't they be reserving such parts for tekken 6 BR?  IIRC they're planning to get a machine with the new version release.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

Actually, according to a friend of mine there's a dipswitch to make it compatable with 4:3. Someone should tell whoever runs it to fix it.

Quote from: JTchinoy on December 17, 2008, 02:02:01 PM
shouldn't they be reserving such parts for tekken 6 BR?  IIRC they're planning to get a machine with the new version release.

Isn't it already out? Or am I thinking of something else...

Tsubasa

Quote from: Mizuki on December 18, 2008, 01:12:48 AM

Actually, according to a friend of mine there's a dipswitch to make it compatable with 4:3. Someone should tell whoever runs it to fix it.

Since the time I posted that, it's been fixed.  I was @SJSU two days ago, so I can confirm.

If you're talking about the stick and buttons, OCE has plenty of Sanwa parts.  They plan to put them on the GGAC cab for the next semester too.  If you're talking about the screen, I can't say anything about that.
-Tsubasa

Mizuki

Quote from: Tsubasa on December 18, 2008, 11:58:04 PM

Since the time I posted that, it's been fixed.  I was @SJSU two days ago, so I can confirm.

Cool stuff. I may drop by, visiting a friend down there.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Tsubasa on December 18, 2008, 11:58:04 PM

If you're talking about the stick and buttons, OCE has plenty of Sanwa parts.  They plan to put them on the GGAC cab for the next semester too.  If you're talking about the screen, I can't say anything about that.
I'd like my japanese cabinet with HD screen and card readers as well please.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

Played this at SVGL this morning (arcade mania)

No one was playing it, everyone was huddled around the T6 machine

So I got to go through the game fully (on one credit) with Jin

I really like his play style and I couldn't get any BIG combos off but I won a few matches

... until a NOEL raped me

abcbadcat

YES!

BlazBlue was announced for console release this summer!

Mizuki

To add onto it it's confirmed for 360, and PS3.