Wal-Mart Employee Trampled to Death

Started by Mister_E, November 28, 2008, 08:06:21 PM

Mister_E

LINK!

The throng of Wal-Mart shoppers had been building all night, filling sidewalks and stretching across a vast parking lot at the Green Acres Mall in Valley Stream, N.Y. At 3:30 a.m., the Nassau County police had to be called in for crowd control, and an officer with a bullhorn pleaded for order.

This is why I do my shopping online.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

JohnnyAR

Oh man, I heard about that a while ago. It really sucks! I feel sorry the guy's family, its messed up how he died.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JohnnyAR on November 28, 2008, 08:26:57 PM
Oh man, I heard about that a while ago. It really sucks! I feel sorry the guy's family, its messed up how he died.
Actually, I feel sorry for the guy.

But seriously, this is proof yet more proof that the majority of our fellow citizens are retarded. Yeah, the broken door equals the store being open. Real smart. But hey, they really wanted them Tickle'me'Elmos...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

GokuMew2

I read about this yesterday too. It's really sad.
And of all places, Wal-Mart. WTF?

A good deal is totally not worth killing someone for.
What appalls me is that people were complaining about not being able to buy stuff when police tried to clear them out rather than the fact that they just killed someone. Totally f*cked up.

I'm glad Best Buy was much more tame.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

edendreams

It's just terrible how bargain hungry we can become to the point of blindness. I mean what inside wal-mart was worth a man's life?????? 

I ususaly make my gifts so i almost never do christmas shopping this time of year

a little art by me ^-^

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: edendreams on November 29, 2008, 12:27:18 PM
It's just terrible how bargain hungry we can become to the point of blindness. I mean what inside wal-mart was worth a man's life?????? 

I ususaly make my gifts so i almost never do christmas shopping this time of year

I totally agree. Almost got into a wreck yesterday becuase some ass was in such a hurry to go to *gasp* WALMART.

I've lost all faith in humanity. >:/

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Sunara Ishi

I heard about this and I'll echo what my mom said: "I hope they didn't get what they wanted."
Greedy jerks.

I am glad that San Jose isn't so big as New York that we have to worry about those kinds of crowds. D:

I like to get my stuff ahead of time so I don't have to worry about that madness... and to actually find the stuff. >.>;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

SOawesomeness

... Aha. Ha. There must've been hella good deals. :/
Still though, wtf, really.
Oh, em, eff gee. This is why I go after the big rush a few hours after...

Srsly.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mister_E

What I found disturbing it that the shoppers were pissed when they had to close down the store early.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Steve.Young

Tomy Lee Jones in Men In Black said it best "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Mister_E

You'd think that they would take the time to check WHAT THEY ARE WALKING ON!

I notice when I am walking on my shoelace, I would sure as Hell notice a person.

questionette

Oh hay did you guys hear about the Toys R Us shooting that also happened on Black Friday?

Two girls were fighting over an item that they both wanted, and they started fighting.  They then called their boyfriends to "settle the conflict".  They brought guns.  And shot each other.

WHAT THE EFF

G.I.R

Quote from: questionette on December 02, 2008, 09:04:57 PM
Oh hay did you guys hear about the Toys R Us shooting that also happened on Black Friday?

Two girls were fighting over an item that they both wanted, and they started fighting.  They then called their boyfriends to "settle the conflict".  They brought guns.  And shot each other.

WHAT THE EFF
Correction:  They shot each other              ...Dead.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Mister_E on December 01, 2008, 09:19:42 AM

I notice when I am walking on my shoelace, I would sure as Hell notice a person.
F you, I want my Ps3 and cheap laptop! I don't care what I step on! I'll step on a pregnant lady for all I care! wait...

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Steve.Young

Quote from: JTchinoy on December 03, 2008, 01:01:01 AM
Quote from: Mister_E on December 01, 2008, 09:19:42 AM

F you, I want my Ps3 and cheap laptop! I don't care what I step on! I'll step on a pregnant lady for all I care! wait...

I shoot you and you shoot me, we both die.

Weeeeee
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

JTchinoy

We're in a rioting crowd for a reason you know.  More people to use as shields after I fire.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X