If I were to Cosplay as a Travelling Junk Vendor, [Question]

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, December 01, 2008, 11:39:10 PM

ewu

What I am saying is that vendors can be open at any time. This happens to be at Fanime's request, but theoretically the vendors can be open the entire con, thereby saying that at any hour is not ok.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

sysadmin

In addition to anything Fanime or the SJCC has to say, there is the larger question.

Forget the con; is it legal for someone to just show up, set up a cart on a street corner, and make/sell sandwiches to sell/give away to the public? 

The short answer there is "no"; you'd need to register yourself with the relevant authorities, make sure you have food permits, insurance, etc.  (Yes, most authorities turn a blind eye to small stuff like lemonade stands, but this is a bit larger)

In theory, you could do something like this on private property with permission from the property owner; but that would between you and the SJCC, and it's not really in their interests to permit something like that, unless you pay them.

It doesn't matter if the SJCC will/would not lose business; this line is unlikely to sway the people in change.

Akito_starwind

I see selling a problem but I think i saw one year a guy went to a fast food place got like 20 burgers and then gave them to hungry fans. I cant think of any law saying you cant give away food. I can see this as some thing Fanime could Frown on, because of possible liability if some thing happened like sickness. But like I said its just something I saw. Who knows maybe the people that took the food where his friends and they had him get it. This seems to be one thing I can't think of any solution. but to end up with a solution you first need a problem, Im not sure this action would be one.  any thoughts?  Oh anyone know what is the Official SSCC policy on outside food is? None at all? I looked at the Doors of the SSCC when walking in and It did not have any No food Decal on the door. There where no bare feet,No smoking, and one more I think.  But i don't remember a food one. I could be wrong or they added one seance I last looked.