Comedy Club at Fanime 2009! Updated 5/17/2009

Started by Aya Brea X, December 02, 2008, 07:21:22 PM

havok rt

Two days!!! Only two more days!  :o well see you guys Saturday. Oh man I just saw how big the room we got this year is huge...guess we got a good review from last year, but now i'm a bit nervous again. :-[
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

G-Force

I hope we get some feedback from people who saw it.

Magical Senpai

Great show this year, I enjoyed the comedians! Too bad the improv fell apart at the end though. I hope you guys do it again next year!

Glitch

Thank you. Yeah, people kinda just started leaving during the improve. But we'll get them next year.
Everybody was really cool this year. Keep it up for next year everybody. ^^ I'm glad we got the new guy. He just added a new take to our line up. My set for next year probably won't be as offensive as this year's.(I don't know what happened there XD) People actually recognize me around the con, so that was awsome.

havok rt

Yeah sorry about how raunchy I got. I don't know if anybody will believe it but I really didn't plan to be that wrong. But I like to thank Aya for put this all together (once again I'm sorry :-[) and to everybody that came out really you guys show me show much love you really made my con.

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

Kava

If desired... next year we can always do two versions of the panel. One regular, and one 18+.

I'll be looking for more late night 18+ programming. Just a thought!
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

achten

what was up with that one guy dissing san jose? if there is to be another comedy club next year, he better be gone. >:(

foxbriar

Quote from: achten on May 27, 2009, 10:56:25 PM
what was up with that one guy dissing san jose?

OMG I KNOW!  I was just going to post that! 

Living in San Jose is bad enough as it is, don't have to rub it in!  >:(

Glitch

Quote from: Kava on May 27, 2009, 10:44:39 PM
If desired... next year we can always do two versions of the panel. One regular, and one 18+.

I'll be looking for more late night 18+ programming. Just a thought!
Sounds cool, although I think for now it's fine the way it is. I wonder what Joyce thinks of that.

what was up with that one guy dissing san jose? if there is to be another comedy club next year, he better be gone. >:(
I think he only made fun of The sharks. I don't think he was trying to be a jerk necessarily.

passLion

Fine, new guy registered.
Thanks for the support, this one girl was taping, wonder if it'll be on youtube.
see y'all next year

Glitch

Quote from: passLion on May 31, 2009, 01:33:32 PM
Fine, new guy registered.
Thanks for the support, this one girl was taping, wonder if it'll be on youtube.
see y'all next year
We won't just see em next year, we'll corrupt them. Hehehe....but good to see you online.

radpaolo.

Quote from: foxbriar on May 29, 2009, 01:45:21 AM
what was up with that one guy dissing san jose?

OMG I KNOW!  I was just going to post that! 

Living in San Jose is bad enough as it is, don't have to rub it in!  >:(

Famous last words: I regret nothing!

Speaking of Youtube and shameless self-promotion, my set from the Comedy Club is up, relive the magic, for the first time:
http://vimeo.com/5098231

Anybody else's clips up anywhere up?
Sambrano's suicide attempt was obviously unsuccessful. - KXAN Austin, TX (3/15/10)

Paolo Sambrano(dotcom)

havok rt

I've found Aya's ands G's sets on youtube but no luck for the second half of the club. D:

G-Force

I got a guy who's writing about fanime which includes his visit to the comedy club. He's still finishing the article and will post videos when done.

Also I must thank Aya for creating this panel two years ago. I just got back from AX and thanks to my practice at fanime, I was able to walk away from the con being the 2009 Last Comic Standing champion!

LordKefka

Good job G, we all were rooting for u. I think going to the Last Comic Stand was probably one of the more better events I experienced at AX.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

G-Force

Holy cow, I didn't know I had people who went to the fanime comedy club go to Last Comic Standing! You should have came backstage and said something to me and I would have totally welcomed you in. As much as I am thrilled to win this thing, I will never forget my roots at fanime and performing with Aya, Pablo, Glitch and Havok. I'm always ready to perform with you all and you can bet your ass I'll be at next year's fanime with new material.

LordKefka

Yeah man, Marc and his bro was right behind me with Jason. In fact, I was able to hear someone's girly laugh =P

And by the way, keep up with your anime club...*wink*
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Magical Senpai

After seeing G's victory at AX, I've been inspired to do a bit of stand-up myself. Guys have room for one more?

havok rt

Considering the amount of time we had left over at the end of this years panel I'd we could easily fit another comedian though it Aya's call.

Glitch

All funny people welcome to the fold. ^^
And yes, G-force promised and delivered. You showed AX exactly what the comedy club boot camp can do. XD
We will be an even bigger force next year!