2011 Kuroshitsuji: Gathering

Started by hellangel, December 06, 2008, 04:10:21 PM

aelphia

I'd love to come~ I'll be dressed *most likely* as Ciel in this outfit >> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/kingdom_come628/kuroshitsuji_ganganv1_03.jpg

@raenef - I don't know if this will help at all, but this tutorial (http://aternox.deviantart.com/art/Steampunk-Hand-in-Walkthrough-110401534) might be helpful? Maybe? *buries self in corner*

sael

Quote from: aelphia on February 17, 2009, 12:24:59 PM*buries self in corner*

Awe, don't be shy now. We don't bite, or at least I hope we don't XD The more the merrier ^__^ I look forward to meeting everyone.

raenef

awesome XD

thanks aelphia!

yea, basically that's what im doing..just trying to make a solid connection to the fake bone is hard..specially when I only wanna show the ulna and radius. damn u tiny ulna!!
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

aelphia

Quote from: chaosbarkI look forward to meeting everyone.

I'm super excited as well! This is my second year going to Fanime, and my first time going to a meet. :9

Quote from: raeneftrying to make a solid connection to the fake bone is hard..specially when I only wanna show the ulna and radius. damn u tiny ulna!!

How thin are the bones?

nashi

I'd like to attend as Doll, and hopefully i'll find a way to keep from looking utterly ridiculous with a bunch of roses all over my head.

I remember when i went as Angelina last year, only one girl recognized my character, and now Kuroshitsuji is popular enough for a meet! oh how an anime changes everything! *wipes tear from eye*

sael

hellangel

Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

nashi

And just wondering, does anybody  have any suggestions as to HOW i could construct doll's rose-fro? i've got a  basic idea, but maybe you smarties over here could come up with some better ideas. If i look too silly, i'll probably have to leave the headdress at home, or alter it is some way to be simpler.

roth14

Quote from: nashi on February 17, 2009, 10:32:09 PM
And just wondering, does anybody  have any suggestions as to HOW i could construct doll's rose-fro? i've got a  basic idea, but maybe you smarties over here could come up with some better ideas. If i look too silly, i'll probably have to leave the headdress at home, or alter it is some way to be simpler.

You may have more luck in the cosplay support thread. Just a thought.

sael

Quote from: nashi on February 17, 2009, 10:32:09 PM
Your idea is probably similar, but I figured I might as well offer my thoughts

1) Use an old cap (any hat will probably do, as long as you remove the visor/brim) as the base. Sew the roses to the cap.
   + If you use a beanie you would only have to add backing for the roses that cover her eye.
    + Affordable
   - The headdress won't be as round as you'd like
    - Lacks support
     - If stretched/stretchable, will show the fabric underneath
      - Lacks the room to hide hair
       -Hot/uncomfortable

2) Create a base from light-weight clay (modeling clay). Modeling clay holds up fairly well from what I've seen, though I haven't worked with any yet (waiting for at least a week of free time). I found a nice thread about comparison between Model Magic and Paperclay. Both can be bought from craft stores for a reasonable price. Paperclay can also be made - raenef found the recipe (save up those newspapers, they can be used instead of toilet paper)
   + A lot more control over how the base is shaped
    + Control over the size
     + Fantastic support
      + Better coverage/Paint so that it blends with the roses (if base is shown)
       + Less modification needed (after built)
        + If you build it looser, there should be more airflow
   - More expensive that #1
    - You'll have to use glue to attach the roses/feathers/bangles. Be careful of the type of glue you use.
         You may want to shape the base, dry partially, and then start adding the stuff (poking into the base and gluing)
     - Must be made the correct size, WILL NOT STRETCH
      - Messier
       - Will definitely take more time

As for the roses, you can either buy them or make them. Tissue wrapping paper makes good roses, plus you can control the size/color - it just takes time.

Hope this helps =)

EDIT: My comment about not working with any modeling clay seemed odd. When I stated that I haven't worked with any, I meant that I haven't done any big projects such as making hats with it. Sorry if it seemed like I was talking about something I knew nothing about. As for types of modeling clay, I have not worked with paperclay (at all), but I'm planning on doing something with it soon.

nashi

thanksies :D i'll probably go with tge beanie option, as i was planning, and i could fill it out into a more spherical shape with some stuffing and the like.

sael

Yay for a new manga chapter, finally! Joker looks so mellow with his hair undone

hellangel

guest list updated (more souls to eat, mwahahah....)
Upcoming events:

ahyoung

I was just wondering, if I were to cosplay as Drozell Keinz would anyone know who that was?
cus hes super awesome  ;D haha

sael

Quote from: ahyoung on February 23, 2009, 08:33:29 PM
I was just wondering, if I were to cosplay as Drozell Keinz would anyone know who that was?
He's the puppet guy from the anime that dresses kind of like Joker, right?I'm sure that you'd be recognized ^___^

hellangel

Guest list updated! Please welcome Ranmao and Agni!
Upcoming events:

ahyoung

Quote from: chaosbark on February 23, 2009, 10:27:41 PM
Quote from: ahyoung on February 23, 2009, 08:33:29 PM
He's the puppet guy from the anime that dresses kind of like Joker, right?I'm sure that you'd be recognized ^___^
yay I'm probably going as him, except would it be weird because my friend is cosplaying as Ciel (pink ballgown) and they don't really connect?...

hellangel

pft. who cares? as long as it's kuroshitsuji, it wins XD

shall i add you both to the guest list, then? :3
Upcoming events:

roth14

raenef

Oooh the new chapter is so amazing! *squee* now...don't show joker in color! I kinda wanna make that cape instead...hmm, perhaps for evening.

Yay for more people joining the tea party! Pretty soon we're going to turn it into a banquet
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)