2011 Kuroshitsuji: Gathering

Started by hellangel, December 06, 2008, 04:10:21 PM

raenef

Quote from: chaosbark on May 30, 2009, 12:05:42 AM
Quote from: konataFTW on May 29, 2009, 08:47:44 PM
Quote from: chaosbark on May 27, 2009, 01:50:41 AM
Perhaps! 8D That would be quite unexpected. Raenef and I will have to discuss this matter.

All of you Ciel's had best be well behaved, just in case. >:(

uwaaah scary... you just reminded me of the 2 angels in the anime (the one that's both a girl and a boy ewwww)

Hahaha, I assure you that we will not be coming as the angel. Neither of us watch the anime enough, and I prefer John (manga) to Ash (anime). John and Queen Victorian, now that would be another amusing cosplay, but I don't think I would be able to convince Raenef to be either character.

mainly because you would wanna be john...and I'd stuck being the queen
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

sael

koreanking

Errrm, excuse me,
does anyone have pics of the tea gathering?
I'm kinda interested in knowing how that went xD

raenef

If people want, I'll bring the bone shaped sugar cookies again
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

hellangel

Sorry again that I had to hand off the gathering to someone else ;__; Masq staff started the rehearsal waaaaaay late, so it completely threw of everything ;___;

I guess next year it would be better to have the gathering on not!Masq day, right? ;__;

I heard that the gathering moved to the Fairmont; I think that's a bit far for people to go, especially those of you in Victorian heels. What about being in the Sainte Claire, right next to con?

Although, really, I like having it at the fountains of con, even though the setting's not as lovely as the Sainte Claire. But you get more photographers there, and it's a bigger area...
I'll have a huge thing on the ground next year for everyone to converge on ;D
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

konataFTW

aww... CLAMP is on sunday and my group might do our .hack cosplays on the first day (body temp tatoos >_>)... but how about on a sunday 3-5-ish? since kuroshitsuji is formal it might be appropriate for the ball (lol is it even gunna be on a sunday? XD)

for the location, there is this awesome place near the cafe, they have tables for the tea I guess... (where did you guys do it anyway? I missed the gathering due to wings failure grrr)
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

hellangel

Quote from: konataFTW on June 04, 2009, 06:32:55 PM
aww... CLAMP is on sunday and my group might due our .hack cosplays on the first day (body temp tatoos >_>)... but how about on a sunday 3-5-ish? since kuroshitsuji is formal it might be appropriate for the ball (lol is it even gunna be on a sunday? XD)

for the location, there is this awesome place near the cafe, they have tables for the tea I guess... (where did you guys do it anyway? I missed the gathering due to wings failure grrr)

Yeah, I'm scheduling CLAMP around 1 PM this year. Every year people ask for it to be early morning, but it really does not work since CLAMP characters take a LOT of time to prep.

SO. Kuroshitsuji in the evening sounds great- yes, added incentive that it's (probably) B&W Ball night! The Ball usually starts at 6 PM, so we can have the gathering at 4 PM?
I wouldn't go take over a cafe/cafe's tables, though, that would be kind of rude if we're not ordering from the cafe itself.
The lobby of the Sainte Claire is rather lovely, though, and close to Con, so those with heels might not have as much of an issue getting over there as getting to the Fairmonte did? (http://www.thesainteclaire.com/index.html)
Then again, if people are going to maybe go to the Ball as Kuroshitsuji, then perhaps having the gathering AT the Fairemonte won't be such a bad idea...
Upcoming events:

konataFTW

the tables aren't really the cafe's actually... the tables had engraved chessboards on them =)

and we could have a gathering at fairmont?
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

LordMoufMouf

I have some pictures of the Fairmont gathering on my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/emma_lorien/sets/72157618824073538/ I don't have all of them up yet, since I used up my monthly limit.

As for location of the tea party, here's my personal input - I think that a quieter, less noisy location is preferable. People have the chance to actually talk and get to know one another without flash bulbs going off all the time, and without the constant noise that pervades almost every inch of Fanime. The Saint Claire would be perfect (not pure Victorian, but it suffices), but I think someone should call ahead and make sure that our gathering would be allowed, since I think it's a small hotel.
Having it in the evening/late afternoon does sound pretty nice, and there are some nooks on the far ends of the convention hall that would work.

sael

Quote from: hellangel on June 04, 2009, 07:41:34 PM
SO. Kuroshitsuji in the evening sounds great- yes, added incentive that it's (probably) B&W Ball night! The Ball usually starts at 6 PM, so we can have the gathering at 4 PM?

Raenef and I were pretty much planning on wearing our new Kuroshitsuji cosplays to the B&W Ball, so the time would be perfect. And I think as long as people don't go running to the tea party location it's not too difficult to walk places. I can only remember 1 Ciel having to stop along the way and she still managed to get to the meeting point just fine.

Anyways, I'm super excited about next year. I'll be bringing some sort of candy (not sure what yet), but the "kids" will be getting first pick. Preferences? I can't promise that it will be that specific candy, but I'll try.

koreanking

Ummm, this might be really stupid,
but did you guys have actual tea this year?
and what type lol, if you know, or did the hotel you were in sell it to you?

Just asking for future referance xD

hellangel

I brought tea but wasn't able to take it over to the Fairmonte, for I was kidnapped by my Masq. group.

Will do better next year -___-;; (Darn it, I had sugar and cream and everything...)
Upcoming events:

konataFTW

lol kidnapped XD

and it seems I might be in the masq next year too... I wonder how that'll turn out

that sucks that you didn't go :x were you Sebastian? (it was on a saturday right? how come I saw no Sebastians T_T)
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

ahyoung

wah! it looked like a good time~~
i didn't get my cosplay done in time! (evil teachers  :-[)
hoping to get Drocell done for next year and bring cake that i said i would!

koreanking

Well,
if there are tea pots and all that necesities, then I could prolly bring tea leaves,
probably Earl grey if anything,
I heard those were really good, not that I've tried it. xD
Either that or Assam, or just plain oolong or green tea leaves x_x;

hellangel

Quote from: koreanking on June 06, 2009, 12:20:18 AM
Well,
if there are tea pots and all that necesities, then I could prolly bring tea leaves,
probably Earl grey if anything,
I heard those were really good, not that I've tried it. xD
Either that or Assam, or just plain oolong or green tea leaves x_x;

Will you be brewing the tea beforehand? It's best to serve something that can be taken cold, because we don't have access to plugs/water to serve freshmade, hot tea. Probably would take a while to cart down from a hotel room, though I've thought about it =/

..or have like 15 tea cozies...
Upcoming events:

koreanking

xD
If that's the case it'll have to be made beforehand,
though I dunno what I'll keep it in x_x
does w/e hotel we're having this at provide cups or anything?

hellangel

No, last gathering we had someone offer to bring cups/saucers.
Upcoming events:

Haku_Zoi

Shall be Sebastian, my dear. *bows head*
I shall have a Ciel, Gravekeeper (Shinigami), and possibly a Elizabeth. ^^
I'm a member of Okage-Sama De~ cosplay group.

hellangel

Upcoming events: