2011 Kuroshitsuji: Gathering

Started by hellangel, December 06, 2008, 04:10:21 PM

sael

I think that it would be 2-3PM according to hellangel. Any time on Saturday is fine by me.

roth14

Yeah, well later the better for me since I coming from a gathering right before this and may have to leave early.

hellangel

Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

roth14

hellangel

Upcoming events:

roth14

Has anyone seen the lobby of either the Marriott or the Hilton? Or are we changing the location even more?

sael

Quote from: BSaphire on January 25, 2009, 12:54:32 PM
I wanted to let you know that the hotels would have issues with plugging in &/or serving stuff in the lobby...
Hugs
B

B brought this point up a while ago, and I have to agree. I can't recall a hotel that's been okay with people having a party in their lobby. As much as the Marriott and Hilton might like us con-goers for the business, I'm not too sure that they'd like us having high tea in either of their lobbies.

leic-proxy

i think if we all look like we always do tea parties we might pass xD
The winter that never leaves, the summer that never came. The hands of time can be at peace but not until the debt is paid.
cosplay 10!!!!!!
millennium earl- 100% done!
Jasdero-0%
sora Halloween ver.- 20%
azure kite- 20%
death the kid- 15%

sael

lol, then the three Sebastian's better start brushing up on their serving capabilities, I do believe that we're up to 28 or so guests. What's a good tea party without good service?

roth14

LOl as much fun as it would be to watch the Sebastians wait upon the Ciels and other non servant characters hand and foot (XD/squeel) I do believe we need a backup plan in case the tea in the Lobby doesn't work doesn't work. Perhaps we should asl one of the higher up if they know a place?

hellangel

weeeeeee *could* pull a lolita gathering and picnic in the lobby of the con center or at the fountains?? O_o
Upcoming events:

roth14

That may be too noisy for a tea. Should we just as one of the moderators or something like that if they know if the hotels allow a gathering in the lobby, or just send a pm to the Hilton forum member? :-\

hellangel

They'll allow a gathering, but not a tea party :<
Upcoming events:

roth14

Well isn't that odd? I would think it would be a gathering? Does anyone know if Marriott will allow it?

hellangel

Actually, it might not be a problem if we're not like...bringing kettles and stuff. Iced black assam is better with desserts anyway.
Upcoming events:

roth14

I'm up with it. We can even bring thermoses. What does everyone else think?

LordMoufMouf

I've never been to San Jose, but isn't there a park in the middle of the hotel round-about? (I saw this from Google Earth). A lovely picnic under the trees would be quaint, and provide enough light for some good pictures.

roth14

Quote from: LordMoufMouf on March 13, 2009, 01:04:22 AM
I've never been to San Jose, but isn't there a park in the middle of the hotel round-about? (I saw this from Google Earth). A lovely picnic under the trees would be quaint, and provide enough light for some good pictures.

You mean the park in front of the convention center and the Fairmont?

LordMoufMouf

I think that's the one. From the pictures I saw, it looked quite nice, but I wonder how crowded it will be...

hellangel

a few years ago, i've had gatherings kicked out of there >___>
Upcoming events: