2011 Kuroshitsuji: Gathering

Started by hellangel, December 06, 2008, 04:10:21 PM

roth14

I actually would like it later. I have a gathering before hand and i don't want to miss it.

amuthfullofwords

Attending as Ciel, with my original design :3. I dunno who the rest of my group is going to go as, I'll keep you updated on that.

hellangel

Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

hellangel

list updated. (one more Sebastian, Ciel, William)

I've also PM'd BSaphire to put us on the list for Sunday/3PM/Fountains. However, I know there's some concern because there's a large Soul Eater gathering at the sametime/place? Any suggestions, then?
Then again, we're going to be a pretty fair-sized group, PLUS we're going to be SUPER pretty, so it probably doesn't matter XD
Upcoming events:

sael

Quote from: hellangel on March 23, 2009, 09:25:20 AM

I've also PM'd BSaphire to put us on the list for Sunday/3PM/Fountains. However, I know there's some concern because there's a large Soul Eater gathering at the sametime/place? Any suggestions, then?
Then again, we're going to be a pretty fair-sized group, PLUS we're going to be SUPER pretty, so it probably doesn't matter XD
lol, I should find a Medousa to hang out with. Snake buddies! XD

Did anyone read the newest Kuroshitsuji chapter?

roth14

Quote from: hellangel on March 23, 2009, 09:25:20 AM

The perhaps the park area?

hellangel

I kinda feel like the park area is too out-of-the-way of...everything.

Okay, okay. Let's meet up at the fountains. Theeeen if we feel like moving to the park, or where-ever, we can traverse as a group, yes? :D

NEW MANGA CHAPTER IS INTENSE!!!
The anime is still...wtf...-___-;
Upcoming events:

roth14

Quote from: hellangel on March 24, 2009, 12:03:43 AM
I kinda feel like the park area is too out-of-the-way of...everything.

Okay, okay. Let's meet up at the fountains. Theeeen if we feel like moving to the park, or where-ever, we can traverse as a group, yes? :D

NEW MANGA CHAPTER IS INTENSE!!!
The anime is still...wtf...-___-;

Okay. that sounds great. The new chapter is intense (and the plot deepness). Whoo! Ciel's past. I just stopped watching the anime when the spoilers came on.

sael

Theeeen if we feel like moving to the park, or where-ever, we can traverse as a group, yes? :D

For some reason I feel that we should all bring parasols

roth14

hellangel

Quote from: roth14 on March 24, 2009, 04:17:53 AMI just stopped watching the anime when the spoilers came on.

Ugh. No spoilers, really. The anime is COMPLETELY different from the manga -__-;
Upcoming events:

roth14

Quote from: hellangel on March 25, 2009, 06:43:02 PM
Quote from: roth14 on March 24, 2009, 04:17:53 AMI just stopped watching the anime when the spoilers came on.

Ugh. No spoilers, really. The anime is COMPLETELY different from the manga -__-;

In a good way or bad way?

raenef

Quote from: chaosbark on March 24, 2009, 11:42:24 AM
Theeeen if we feel like moving to the park, or where-ever, we can traverse as a group, yes? :D

For some reason I feel that we should all bring parasols

finally a chance to pull out my victorian parasol!

tho... it doesn't fit the cosplay at all at all. I might be making bone cookies too...sugar cookies, cause chaos isn't
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

hellangel

Quote from: roth14 on March 25, 2009, 08:03:16 PM

Personally, I don't like it. Although the character development is extremely interesting~ but the overall plot is kind of too forced, I think. As in, the Reason behind everything is too simple/ridiculous/random and doesn't really fit with the aesthetic of the original manga...but that's just my opinion =/

Upcoming events:

sael

When I heard that the anime deviated greatly from the manga I read the summaries on Wikipedia to see how much it deviated. IMO, the anime looks like it has no continuous plot. I've watched the scene where they're singing to the queen, but that's about it. The fact that they ruined/changed John (Ash in the anime) was enough to make me lose interest.

roth14

Quote from: hellangel on March 25, 2009, 11:08:07 PM
Quote from: roth14 on March 25, 2009, 08:03:16 PM

Personally, I don't like it. Although the character development is extremely interesting~ but the overall plot is kind of too forced, I think. As in, the Reason behind everything is too simple/ridiculous/random and doesn't really fit with the aesthetic of the original manga...but that's just my opinion =/
So its better to just watch it as its own anime?

sael

The basic premise is the same (Demon butler protecting kid master and fighting evil guys) and the anime does throw in the major arcs. It's just that there are a lot of fillers - five or more after each manga arc is completed.

hellangel

yeah, watch the anime as the anime. don't get it mixed with the manga. as mentioned, the anime does draw aspects/arcs of the manga, but then changes them slightly to suit the anime plot.

although, i thought the jack the ripper arc was rather well-done in the anime. plus the first epp of the anime was wonderfully chilling and dark~

---

raenef, i've changed your item on the food/refreshments list to (sugar)bone cookies~
Upcoming events:

sael

So the anime is over and there was no circus arc... I'm both disappointed and relieved by that. On the one hand, I wanted to see the Noah's Ark Troupe; on the other, I don't have to worry about canon colors.

hellangel

i kinda figured that the circus arc wouldn't show up, cuz drocell's (err that puppet guy, right?) design was soooo much like joker's...
Upcoming events: