2011 Kuroshitsuji: Gathering

Started by hellangel, December 06, 2008, 04:10:21 PM

Requiem

Hehe. I'd be alright with the Fairemont since that's where I'll be rooming.  ;D

sael

Perhaps we should let those wearing heels vote on it as they will have the most trouble (possibly).

hellangel

Quote from: chaosbark on January 25, 2010, 11:29:24 AM
Perhaps we should let those wearing heels vote on it as they will have the most trouble (possibly).

Yeah, that was my thought, too.

Perhaps a compromise: Sainte-Claire? It's right across the street from the Marriot (literally on that corner).
http://larkspurhotels.com/collection/sainte-claire/photo-gallery
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

LordMoufMouf

Will the St Claire be large enough for all of us? Everyone and their dog cosplays Kuro....

Death_Note_Matt

Another Player has Entered the Game

hellangel

Noted~

Hmmm~~ those of you with heels/large dresses, I think it's more important for you guys to think of where you'd like to meet XD
Upcoming events:

BSaphire

@ Hellangel:

I just posted some info that you need to check out! ^^)
Here is the link:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13396.0.html

Squidges
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

bluayu

Rwar~ I MIGHT be going as Ciel. It depends on whether or not I can get him finished in time since I have AP classes and exams that might eat me alive. >_>; Going to try my best though! :-)
*~BluAyu~*

"私ーたちはキーラです。。。。"
We are the Kira...

BSaphire

Quote from: hellangel on January 22, 2010, 11:25:53 AM
Quote from: chibi*H A N A T S U K I on January 17, 2010, 10:56:23 PM
I have a question! o3o;;;

The convention lobby is the huuge place where the two stairs on each side is at, right?
Just making sure... xD;

Correct~

However, I was thinking, what do you guys think about having it at the Sainte-Claire's or the Fairemont, because the interiors are so pretty? Having it at the convention lobby would have more exposure, but being at the Sainte-Claire or Fairemont would make for epic backgrounds~

We *could* all meet at the lobby and troupe over to another place together, but I feel like that might be a too much trouble O_o
After looking at your current numbers of possible attendees, I wanted to recommend that you move to a different location. The lobby area can only really accommodate gatherings up to 35 or so cospeeps (before the convention center and fire marshal start looking) and this is going to be larger than that :) .

Another thing to consider is that Fanime and the hotels have a contract agreement. If 50 cosplayers are sitting in the lobby area chatting and taking photos for a hour it becomes an issue with the managers and they contact Fanime.

I offer the suggestion of our "New" gatherings location for this gathering & then using the Saint Clair/Fairmont lobbies for a brief 20 minute photo shoot would minimize the problem though it does pose walking in heals. The new gathering area is the patio on the Marriott side and there are some potted trees out there. I have requested tables and chairs (which will be provided by the convention center) so they should have table cloths. Also there is a power outlet or two that I did look for so this could help. The area is outside and relatively enclosed. The glass doors allow attendees to see your gathering with out directly coming into contact with it... they would have to come outside :P

Please discuss this and let me know.

Thank you
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

hellangel

OMG (sorry for being away so long, guys ^^; )

Thanks, BSaphire! Everyone, does using that patio area sound like a good idea?

(also, list updated :3 )
Upcoming events:

artisticpsyco

I might be able to come as Meilin before she's hired as a maid. >3

hellangel

Upcoming events:

hellangel

Upcoming events:

sael

Haha! Hell, you're doing Vincent too? Raenef shall have 2 husbands then (we shall fight over her!)! Since we need motive to get our asses moving on cosplay work, I've been given the go ahead to say who well be cosplaying as for the gathering. Raenef = Rachel Phantomhive (manga); Chaosbark = Vincent Phantomhive (manga) [because, honestly, the anime colors were dreadful].

On a side note, Raenef and I are looking for a couple of people to do a shopping photoshoot with us. It shouldn't take more than a half-hour at most, and we won't require you to bring any props.

We'll need:

• Shoppers:

• 1 Ciel
    • 1 Elizabeth
  • Bag Holders:

• 1 Sebastian
More shoppers/bag holders are encouraged to join us - would be fun to have Madame Red, Grell, Meilin, Tanaka (would be amazing if that cosplayer could join us), Soma, and Agni (would really like these two if possible). We'd like a count of which characters will be participating by May 1st so that we can get enough bags/tissue paper/props/etc together. If you'd like to bring some of your own, do tell us - Victoria Secret bags/boxes, hat boxes, frilly unmentionables (for Ciel), shoe boxes (heels), and anything else are more than welcome!

Also feel free to come join our shopping extravaganza even if you don't wish to join the shoot itself.

hellangel

Upcoming events:

raenef

Hey everyone~ I still exist!!!

Oh, and I'll bring the bone cookies again for the undertaker if you want~
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

electrocute

Oh gosh!
I completely forgot to respond here!
I'll be attending as Lizzie again this year. c:

SO EXCITED!

2012 Cosplay List
Kuroshitsuji - Elizabeth Middleford

Fanime lover since 2008!

Drakochan

I can't remember if I've posted on here already, but I'm going to be cosplaying Grell's butler version (and also Undertaker, but probably Grell for the gathering :3
2010 Fanime
~Undertaker (Kuroshitsuji)
~Butler!Grell (Kuroshitsuji)
~Ceremonial Coat Gilbert (Pandora Hearts)
~Firo (Baccano!)
~Jade (ToA)
~Austria (Hetalia)
~Natsuo & Yoji (Loveless)
~TWEWY costume

LOVE.SAE

Oh cry ;______;
I really wanted to go to the Kuroshitsuji gathering this year too,
but my friend is making me lineup for LM.C extra early, at 4:00.
I even have a Sebastian and Ran-Mao cosplay too ;_______;
If only the gathering was earlier or on Saturday.
Can't wait to see the photographs of the gathering though.

Lady Saru

Quote from: chaosbark on March 11, 2010, 07:16:22 PM
Haha! Hell, you're doing Vincent too? Raenef shall have 2 husbands then (we shall fight over her!)! Since we need motive to get our asses moving on cosplay work, I've been given the go ahead to say who well be cosplaying as for the gathering. Raenef = Rachel Phantomhive (manga); Chaosbark = Vincent Phantomhive (manga) [because, honestly, the anime colors were dreadful].

On a side note, Raenef and I are looking for a couple of people to do a shopping photoshoot with us. It shouldn't take more than a half-hour at most, and we won't require you to bring any props.

We'll need:

• Shoppers:

• 1 Ciel
    • 1 Elizabeth
  • Bag Holders:

• 1 Sebastian
More shoppers/bag holders are encouraged to join us - would be fun to have Madame Red, Grell, Meilin, Tanaka (would be amazing if that cosplayer could join us), Soma, and Agni (would really like these two if possible). We'd like a count of which characters will be participating by May 1st so that we can get enough bags/tissue paper/props/etc together. If you'd like to bring some of your own, do tell us - Victoria Secret bags/boxes, hat boxes, frilly unmentionables (for Ciel), shoe boxes (heels), and anything else are more than welcome!

Also feel free to come join our shopping extravaganza even if you don't wish to join the shoot itself.

I think I can ask my Red if she's up for it...maybe if she says no I just sneak away...>>

Anyway, contributing to the location and being useful- I like the patio idea, it sounds quite sweet, and not hectic. Though I don't mind walking in heels either.
Cosplay:
Grell Sutcliffe
Marchesa version (B&W ball)