Why should I reserve a hotel room later as a opposed to now?

Started by RaddaX2, December 09, 2008, 02:42:36 PM

RaddaX2

I don't know anything about this hotel stuff, I normally let someone else deal with it.  But my friend asked me and now I'm curious.  Can't we just reserve a hotel now?  What kind of hotel information are we waiting for and when is it available?

sorry if I sound like an idiot right now, I can' stand it either.
It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

Steve.Young

Here's a few things

1) If you register now, you are registering with the hotel, thus paying the full price that the hotel charge for that weekend.
2) If you register through Fanime, you will get a discount on the room prices because of the group rate.
3) We are waiting for hotel registration through fanime to go up.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Yunri-Chan

While we're on the topic of hotel rates, I also have a question~

Once Fanime's discount rates are released at the beginning of 09, can they ever change as Fanime nears?
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

KyraEnsui

As for rates, they won't change. As Fanime is near, the rooms will be more booked. So, it's best to book early than later.

billgoku

Quote from: Steve.Young on December 09, 2008, 03:01:21 PM
Here's a few things

1) If you register now, you are registering with the hotel, thus paying the full price that the hotel charge for that weekend.
2) If you register through Fanime, you will get a discount on the room prices because of the group rate.
3) We are waiting for hotel registration through fanime to go up.

I'm waiting on that too, as soon as i see it up, I'm jumping on a reservation.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

Steve.Young

Last year, around March-May, most of the hotels that were attached to the con or near the con were fully booked. Like, full.

So the longer you wait, the more likely you may miss out on being able to register through Fanime.

Just a warning.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

RaddaX2

So I shouldn't have any problems booking a room through fanime within the first week that the information becomes public.  Also can I book it with the fanime rates through phone or does it have to be exactly through the fanime page?
It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

ewu

CMR has many ways of booking including online as well as over the phone
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

heeroyuy135

It's always a good thing to book early.
But remember, if you plan to go and you do have a reservation, do show up or else penalties will hit you.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on December 14, 2008, 01:25:11 AM
It's always a good thing to book early.
But remember, if you plan to go and you do have a reservation, do show up or else penalties will hit you.

You have up to 7 days before the day of your first night's stay to cancel the reservation. BUT, please don't book like, 4-5 rooms just to hold them and sell spots to the highest bidders. I think that it's happened in the past and it's not a cool thing to do. If you honestly need 2-3 room or whatever, go for it, just don't take more than you need when holding spots because they already fill up fast enough as it is. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Sora

Seems I may have to get a new room when the room rates get posted up.
"Don't give me any orders."

hello_kitty_boy

i think it is best to reserve it now. i mean Fanime is pretty big so like yeah. i mean i am new at this "planning a hotel" thing too. Some one usually does it and we pay to stay in her room. but i am now seeing the sad truth of how much they cost  :D it is scary... i mean me and my friends are styaing Friday, Saturday, and MAYBE Sunday. and that is just shy of a grand. and MY POINT IS THE COST MAY GO UP! i mean hotel managers KNOW that the otaku (anime nerds) who can... will pay top dollar for the hotel...

IN CONCLUSION! my fellow otaku friend i say it is best you book as soon as you can... Hope That Helps! ;)
Merry Meet, Merry Part,
Eärendur
It\'s All A Matter Of Time Before I Go Crazy... Oh Wait... XD

Nyxyin

Quote from: hello_kitty_boy on December 26, 2008, 04:50:06 PM
i think it is best to reserve it now.
You can reserve a hotel now, but it's more expensive and not very convenient.  In previous years, Fanime had housing web pages that list all the hotels supporting Fanime, what kinds of rooms are available, how far they are from the convention, what parking and Internet will cost, etc.  The room prices on the housing pages are discounted, and you can reserve online.  That's what most of us are waiting for.

Once those web pages are up, though, I agree that it's best to reserve a room as quickly as possible because the hotels run out of rooms.  The cheaper, closer rooms tend to run out first, so if you wait, you might be stuck with a large $119/night room in a farther hotel because they run out of small $79/night rooms in the closer hotels.

hello_kitty_boy

well i was looking at like litterally across the street XD like the Crowne Plaza or the Hilton... (well the hilton is connected to the center... but we have a lotta people coming into our hotel idk maybe like 5 or so, so yea... we need 2 beds... :/ i guess it all depends on what kind of room you are looking for you know? i mean for some one who is just going with a bf or gf... as opposed to some one who is going with a small group... and some hotels actually jack up the price, and i looked into a few others and a lot actually lower their price by a certain ammount... sooo, i can say thank your for correcting me  ;)

Kitty~
It\'s All A Matter Of Time Before I Go Crazy... Oh Wait... XD

Nyxyin

You're welcome.  :)

Last year, I believe the cheapest two-bed rooms was $99/night.  They have probably raised prices a little since then, but the Hilton, Marriott, Crowne Plaza, Saint Claire, and Fairmont all had two-bed rooms for less than $120/night.