Fanimaid Cafe 2009 (UPDATE: Maid try outs are officially CLOSED.)

Started by Jun-Watarase, December 10, 2008, 05:07:13 PM

Jun-Watarase

Greetings Fanime attendees!

Check out our website for more information, HERE. (Under Construction)

First off, thank you so much for all those who have showed us so much support, thus far! The try outs for our maids are CLOSED, which means, if you hadn't attended the try out meetings, it is not possible to volunteer. Sorry!

We will be hosting a musical performance on Saturday afternoon, 2:00pm on Stage Zero called Fanimaid☆LIVE! Not only that, but our con's very special musical guest, Halko Momoi, is attending the first half to see our tributes to her. Please come, and we'd all appreciate your support!

On Sunday, we will be hosting a raffle and trivia. The anime trivia event is called Quiz Maid Academy and is happening in the cafe, at 6:30pm. Come and win a prize!

The cafe is going to have a lot of changes this year, so stop by to check it out. \o/

- Jun

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Jun-Watarase

No more try out meetings. Sorry!

New meeting dates will now be mentioned in emails sent to maids who are confirmed for our cafe.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Jerry

First congrats on being the new Maid Head! Jun :D

So, I guess no butlers this year huh?
Training in Sf huh? Thats a different twist, but definately a nice venue.

Any idea what the hours of the Made Cafe will be this year?

Other than that, if you need any other support. Via rides sharing and/or general go-for stuff (within reasonable terms) I'd be glad to help out, depending on my personal schedule.

nothing like random Maid Cafe Chaos :P

and of course a shout out to all past, present and possible future maids who volunteer their time and efforts for a successful event -> maid Cafe :D Wootz! 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ewu

Err...a lil OT, best done in a PM.....tempted to remove...but Jun has been nice to me lately so I won't.....When I say nice, I mean death threat nice....

LINK!!!:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Jun-Watarase

Thanks Jerry. You're welcome to attend our meetings, as anyone with interest of helping out are welcome to. We are not having butlers this year, as an traditional maid cafe actually does not have butlers present, but we will still be having units from S.O.S. in our area to supervise. Cafe hours are still tentative, but I am predicting it'll be around noon to 6:00pm.

FanimaidCafe.com

Jerry

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on January 15, 2009, 02:53:33 PM
Thanks Jerry. You're welcome to attend our meetings, as anyone with interest of helping out are welcome to. We are not having butlers this year, as an traditional maid cafe actually does not have butlers present, but we will still be having units from S.O.S. in our area to supervise. Cafe hours are still tentative, but I am predicting it'll be around noon to 6:00pm.

For the record, I'll double check with Steve.Young but I think we're officially called Rovers again! :D

I just REALLY hope (as i hear some rumors) that we dont have to wear any lame sashes like a bloody hall monitor  >:(

Steve.Young

Quote from: Jerry on January 15, 2009, 03:10:38 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on January 15, 2009, 02:53:33 PM

For the record, I'll double check with Steve.Young but I think we're officially called Rovers again! :D

I just REALLY hope (as i hear some rumors) that we dont have to wear any lame sashes like a bloody hall monitor  >:(

1) Yes we are Officially going back to Rover's.
2) No we have armbands that make us look like Military Police.
3) We will of course have people there to make sure the maids aren't harassed @ con.

-Steve
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

Quote from: Steve.Young on January 15, 2009, 03:27:46 PM
1) Yes we are Officially going back to Rover's.
2) No we have armbands that make us look like Military Police.
3) We will of course have people there to make sure the maids aren't harassed @ con.

-Steve

Military Police? So long as we dont have flashbacks, I think I'll be good.
Good thing I'm also helping out with Bouncers Squad. Though I think I've gained weight cuz my old black suite doesnt fit like it used to :P

Time to start running (or chasing) more fangirls :P

Jun-Watarase

Please keep this thread on-topic and free from clutter so that volunteers can easily navigate for information. Thank you.

FanimaidCafe.com

cherryteagirl

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

mikipunda

Kazuko

Quote from: mikipunda on January 31, 2009, 07:52:20 PM
ah! my friend and i want to join the maid cafe! is that ok??
As long as you meet the basic requirements and are able to attend the intro meeting in either SF or SJ that Jun has stated so Just PM Jun-Watarase or email [email protected]

mikipunda

Quote from: Kazuko on January 31, 2009, 07:57:07 PM
As long as you meet the basic requirements and are able to attend the intro meeting in either SF or SJ that Jun has stated so Just PM Jun-Watarase or email [email protected]

ok. thank you. i should be able to. but my friend doesnt live here. she's moving to san jose though, in february. is it ok if she still joins?

Kazuko

Quote from: mikipunda on January 31, 2009, 08:11:49 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on January 31, 2009, 07:57:07 PM

ok. thank you. i should be able to. but my friend doesnt live here. she's moving to san jose though, in february. is it ok if she still joins?
as long as she is able to attend the meeting on the 8th then its fine, Its quite manditory for the potential maids to attend one of the intro meetings in either SJ or SF

Jun-Watarase

Actually, it is not mandatory to attend any specific meeting that is listed up there. Any volunteers may attend any one of those meetings, as long as they fit the basic requirements. From then, they will be trained and evaluated to be chosen for the cafe.

Please email me at [email protected] notifying me with your interest. Please ask your friend to do the same. Thank you.

Also, thanks for those who try to answer questions in my place on this thread to help others, however, please do not give misleading answers if you're unsure of the information given. Thank you.

- Jun

FanimaidCafe.com

mikipunda

hai hai~! and thank you  =3 and im really looking forward to doing it!

iKakaChan

The Adorable Leon <3~

Mochi