What are your holiday plans?

Started by Gatsby, December 13, 2008, 10:04:52 PM

LordKefka

Hey, you know what one thing you aren't getting for x-mas that I'm getting? A trip to the dentist on x-mas eve to get 2 wisdom teeth extracted... so HA-.. wait a minute... >_>... why me..;-;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Gatsby

Quote from: LordKefka on December 14, 2008, 11:48:44 PM
Hey, you know what one thing you aren't getting for x-mas that I'm getting? A trip to the dentist on x-mas eve to get 2 wisdom teeth extracted... so HA-.. wait a minute... >_>... why me..;-;

=O Damn Kefka, if I knew where you lived I'd bring you ice cream as a Christmas present. I haven't had mine pulled, but my friends have and I guess it's horrible for a while.

Steve.Young

I've had two pulled before, hurt like hell. I'm going to have my top two pulled sometime soon as well, gonna hurt like hell.

My other plans include Christmas in the Park with some people (after finals when I have time >.>).
Family gathering (Asian people love this stuff).
Christmas in the Courts @ a friend's house (Basically they close off a whole block and make it a giant christmas party).

I also plan on getting a blood test, eating too much, sleeping too late in the night, not sleeping enough, getting drunk several times by the new years, and find a gf.

That's pretty much it for now.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Charis

Christmas in the Park cosplay gathering on the 20th.  Shenanigans expected.  Hurrah. :D
First night of Hanukkah = party at my parents' on the 21st.  Hopefully the traffic home from the Bay won't be too bad.  Hanukkah's not a big deal for my family: we light candles and say the prayers and sing songs, and of course there is the obligatory fried foods, but we only ever do little gifts -- I grew up being that crabby kid who wanted to scream when people asked, "Isn't it a Jewish Christmas?"  Grrrr.

From there on out: work and SEWING LIKE A MANIAC in an effort to get my Trinity Blood stuff wearable for ALA.  Occasional bouts of bling-work (yay, Wonderflex!) likely to disrupt the miles of white fabric and blue bias tape, but not much else anticipated.  I never make much of New Year's, so I'll probably be up too late doing last-minute sewing if I'm not smart, or if I am I'll get to bed early.  Pack up on New Year's day, and once Bay Area folks get down here, head down to ALA.

I will be enjoying several days off work.  Really, that's the most important thing.  :3
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

AnimeEmperor

I always go to Disneyland for christmas.

JohnnyAR

My relatives are coming over to my house on X-mas eve

Barnes

I want to act like the Grinch this year. But then I'll get shot. *BANG BANG!*

But seriously, it will just be me and some family opening presents, and arguing about things.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

questionette

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on December 15, 2008, 02:43:34 PM

AWESOME!! If I had the funds I would totally make that a tradition too - I haven't gotten to see the Nightmare Before Xmas mansion yet!!  Disneyland ftw

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: Barnes on December 15, 2008, 04:47:25 PM
I want to act like the Grinch this year. But then I'll get shot. *BANG BANG!*

But seriously, it will just be me and some family opening presents, and arguing about things.

I know the feeling. Or your isolated...and get set off on head trips. That sucks. >:/

Although, I do plan on eating all the goodies. O.o

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

otakuapprentice

Quote from: questionette on December 15, 2008, 07:39:53 PM

AWESOME!! If I had the funds I would totally make that a tradition too - I haven't gotten to see the Nightmare Before Xmas mansion yet!!  Disneyland ftw

@ AE: you lucky punk.

@ Q-nette: N.B.X-mas mansion looks friggin' awesome.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

codex biblio

Wish I was going to Disneyland for Christmas. Instead, I'll be baking 200-300 cookies to bring to work on Friday and hoping that it's enough for staff on Saturday. At least it will smell nice.

JTchinoy

recession xmas here too.  1 present for each adult (me too). spoil the children! XD

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

potatofreek

Stay home.....play video games....stay home......
We might go to Lake Tahoe for skiing
Potatoes Rule the World.
Deal with it.

PyronIkari

Jun and I are going Yokohama for christmas cake with a bunch of friends.

I think we're hitting up Chinatown

otakuapprentice

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 16, 2008, 06:52:14 AM

take some damn pictures.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

JohnnyAR

Jun-Watarase

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Kazuko

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 16, 2008, 06:52:14 AM

:U take pictures of the cake because I am an american fatass that loooves cake lol

LordKefka

Alright well to sum up what I'm going to REALLY do...other plans for my x-mas break from college:

- Metreon to MvC2 it up for days on end..
- Get my game back in Melty Blood and GGXX (been out of shape from not playing it... in like... a year..lewl)
- Rock Band 1/2 at friends place
- Japantown and Chinatown and eat every crap I eat ( srsly been deprived of good food here in Boston..;-;)
- Karaoke with friends
- Coriya hot pot/dim sum with friends at Pacific East mall.
- Oakland flea market to look for rare stuff =D
- Play my PS3 (mainly Valkyria Chronicles)
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Gatsby

Here's a more in depth look at what I'm doing.

- Going Christmas shopping for friends tomorrow in Modesto.
- Play DDR, Tales of Symphonia 2, and Far Cry 2 hours on end.
- Having a few sleepovers with my best friend.
- Going to my grandparents on Christmas morning for annual gift unwrapping and early dinner/late lunch.
- Getting on Amtrak in Modesto Christmas night.
- Spending almost 2 weeks with my girlfriend in Washington playing Condemned (how many girls ask you to bring that for them?) and watching anime. Of course there will be sight seeing.
- Come home and begin school.