Why is Fanime Registration Going Up Faster Than Before?

Started by Hakaru_chan, December 15, 2008, 08:34:55 AM

Hakaru_chan

I know I'm not the only one with this question and I'm just concerned because I never remembered having the prices up at 50 already by this year and from the other threads I'm reading, the prices will go up after New Years?

Can ANYONE tell me honestly, I'm just very concerned, why Fanime Registration is going up faster than in previous years? maybe its just me but because I'm taking a bunch of kids to this convention and vacation for them is after this week, they won't be able to give me their money until after Jan. when the prices go up already.

Is Fanime getting costlier? I just want an explanation thats all....  :'(
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

ewu

people are getting paid incrementally more each year to corraspond to inflation. this year im supposed to get a 10% increase cuz they havent in past years....Fanime is following suit.

errr edit: For my job im getting a 10% raise....for Fanime the board has decided, in all its wizety, to give me a 30,000% raise.......to an annual salary of $0.00
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Hakaru_chan

ohh ok... so well with the condition of the economy and all.. i guess i can understand why prices went up.. its just more costlier to make this event next year than it was previous years before.

and now that i think about it. yea i guess its going the same pace. it just started off five dollars more but going in the same rate as before.

i was just thinking that maybe because we were having more events, special guests and other expenses to pay for than previous fanimes...thats why it started up at five dollars extra. More extra stuff at the con means more money is needed. i
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Steve.Young

Quote from: ewu on December 15, 2008, 10:11:19 AM
people are getting paid incrementally more each year to corraspond to inflation. this year im supposed to get a 10% increase cuz they havent in past years....Fanime is following suit.

errr edit: For my job im getting a 10% raise....for Fanime the board has decided, in all its wizety, to give me a 30,000% raise.......to an annual salary of $0.00

Gah, they should just give us the raises as a token gesture. It ends up being $0.00 anyways =P.

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on December 15, 2008, 11:12:46 AM
ohh ok... so well with the condition of the economy and all.. i guess i can understand why prices went up.. its just more costlier to make this event next year than it was previous years before.

and now that i think about it. yea i guess its going the same pace. it just started off five dollars more but going in the same rate as before.

i was just thinking that maybe because we were having more events, special guests and other expenses to pay for than previous fanimes...thats why it started up at five dollars extra. More extra stuff at the con means more money is needed. i

Yes, that is also somewhat true. Stuff gets more expensive, more stuff gets added, convention budgets get bigger, etc.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

jemz

Also keep in mind that the cost of facilities doesn't remain at the same price year after year. And there will be events that will be kept smaller instead of bigger due to budget or expanding a popular event. These fluctuate year to year and, with the current economic status, money gets a bit tight.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

GokuMew2

Register at-con the previous year! =.D IIRC, it was $40, the old starting rate.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

ewu

you actually paid $35....Finance decided to give those cash strapped but decisive members a break...
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

GokuMew2

Quote from: ewu on December 17, 2008, 10:43:56 PM
you actually paid $35....Finance decided to give those cash strapped but decisive members a break...

Even better!
< Mew >

OGIGA

In case any like studying microeconomics, lower demand (recession)+higher ticket prices+high elasticity=low attendance. It doesn't compensate for lower revenue unless tickets were under-priced in previous years. Can someone comment on how much it costs for the facility?

Tony

Quote from: OGIGA on December 22, 2008, 06:12:48 PM
It doesn't compensate for lower revenue unless tickets were under-priced in previous years.
They were; there hadn't been an increase in a few years.

QuoteCan someone comment on how much it costs for the facility?
Not specifically, but it has increased exponentially over the years. This was top on the list of reasons for the increase.

Sucks.  :-\
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

itadakimassuu

ok so november is 50 dollars... does anyone know how much it will cost after new years?  :D

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

OGIGA

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but if I register now, do I have to send PayPal payment by the end of Dec 31 in order to get the $50 price?

GokuMew2

Quote from: OGIGA on December 28, 2008, 02:13:04 PM
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but if I register now, do I have to send PayPal payment by the end of Dec 31 in order to get the $50 price?

Yes.
< Mew >

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: ewu on December 25, 2008, 11:27:09 AM
$55

At this point, I'm wondering whether that's a good thing or a bad thing ???.

Wait, we're talking about pre-reg prices, right?

Tony

Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

OGIGA