Dungeons & Dragons

Started by TC X0 Lt 0X, December 15, 2008, 09:30:00 PM

Nanashi

Well, it'd probably be easier to find the group here first, so everyone can make their characters prior to the game. That way, we save time when we actually sit down to play.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Nanashi on December 21, 2008, 11:14:10 PM
Well, it'd probably be easier to find the group here first, so everyone can make their characters prior to the game. That way, we save time when we actually sit down to play.
Thats how we set it up last Fanime, and will probably how we do so this Fanime as well.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Runewitt

i'll talk to talu-chan  about running a game this year again.. i fell asleep partway through the last one and woke up to some kinda starwarsy dnd game with a kinder looking for its mom.

:: waves arm::
"this is not the mother you are looking for"
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

ManWithDoor

TC_X0_Lt_0X - I really couldn't stand most of the players in the Tolarian Academy thread.  Loves the DM-ing, and the general idea, but it felt like I was really back in high school.  And I hated high school.  College was somewhat better, mainly because I was in a serious science program, so there was less rough-housing and stupidity.  And there were 20-odd players, so I was lost in the threads by the third day.

I signed up for the D&D game last year too, but had the same problem of not being able to meet up with people.  I second the motion to A) have signs, and B) set up the meeting place and stick there in case someone is running somewhat late.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: ManWithDoor on December 22, 2008, 08:52:01 AM
TC_X0_Lt_0X - I really couldn't stand most of the players in the Tolarian Academy thread.  Loves the DM-ing, and the general idea, but it felt like I was really back in high school.  And I hated high school.  College was somewhat better, mainly because I was in a serious science program, so there was less rough-housing and stupidity.  And there were 20-odd players, so I was lost in the threads by the third day.
Indeed. Plus with nearly 1000 posts within a week, it was no doubt difficult at best to keep up with. The one person who irritated me in the game was Jim Profit's Character. He kinda imploded on himself. But the guy is banned now, so it's no wonder.
Right now the game is at a near stand still however, which kind-of sucks. O-well, thats what happen with most PbP games anyways.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ManWithDoor

Sadly true.  I've got a couple games that are progressing, but most of my games die rather quickly, either through the PCs dropping out, or the DM disappearing off the face of the earth.

havok rt

Well lets see I've been playing DnD from about 10 years now roughly half my life I usually DM but that cause I get stuck with it.  :-\ anyways I have a ton of 3.5 books on my laptop (willing to share with anyone) and I refuse to play 4ed. Also, I'm almost always down for a game (assuming in fits my schedule. having skool and work sucks.)
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

Runewitt

Quote from: havok rt on December 30, 2008, 06:03:40 PM
Well lets see I've been playing DnD from about 10 years now roughly half my life I usually DM but that cause I get stuck with it.  :-\ anyways I have a ton of 3.5 books on my laptop (willing to share with anyone) and I refuse to play 4ed. Also, I'm almost always down for a game (assuming in fits my schedule. having skool and work sucks.)
you're the one we fund for the game, arent you? ended up at the ramada, 4am, "this is not the mother you are looking for..."

havok rt

Quote from: Runewitt on December 30, 2008, 07:37:34 PM
Quote from: havok rt on December 30, 2008, 06:03:40 PM
you're the one we fund for the game, arent you? ended up at the ramada, 4am, "this is not the mother you are looking for..."
Yeah I ran in to you and talu last year we couldn't find teh group Sunday night went back to the ramada with you guys and gave all my books to ya.

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

Moondancer

huh think i was suppose to be in on some TT game last year, but I ended up doing other things. *Shifty eyes* Forgot to ask how that all went.

TC X0 Lt 0X

*Remembers Moondancer from old thread*

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Runewitt

Yeah... Talu-chan and i wont be there this year..

havok rt

Quote from: Moondancer on January 13, 2009, 06:46:16 AM
huh think i was suppose to be in on some TT game last year, but I ended up doing other things. *Shifty eyes* Forgot to ask how that all went.
meh I met up with runewitt and Talu-chan couldn't find anyone, went to their hotel, gave talu a copy all of my D&D 3.5 edition books...yeah that's about it. Don't know if I'll play this year my sister and her boyfriend might be coming up so we'll see.

Moondancer

Well a friend of mine was thinking about running a 4.0 D&D thing, with a ton of pre constructed characters so people could just step in and start playing if they wanted. I should poke him to see if he's really gonna do that.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Moondancer on February 03, 2009, 11:42:49 PM
Well a friend of mine was thinking about running a 4.0 D&D thing, with a ton of pre constructed characters so people could just step in and start playing if they wanted. I should poke him to see if he's really gonna do that.
4e =P?
Not to be mean, but right now, 4e is just, meh.
I don't mind it, but I would much rather play 3.5
And Pre-made characters?
Meh.
I would rather make a character ahead of time.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Moondancer

*Chuckles* Not my idea, I've never ran a D&D game in my life. I've only ST'd White Wolf games. Mostly Werewolf.

Nanashi

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on February 04, 2009, 10:07:23 PM
Quote from: Moondancer on February 03, 2009, 11:42:49 PM
4e =P?
Not to be mean, but right now, 4e is just, meh.
I don't mind it, but I would much rather play 3.5
And Pre-made characters?
Meh.
I would rather make a character ahead of time.

/agree/

Half the fun is playing a character that you made. Also, 4e is garbage. It's books work better as frisbees or bludgeoning tools than they do as rule books.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

TC X0 Lt 0X

Bump.
So, is anyone interested in DMing a game?
I would, but am still a little new to DMing and all my material is on my PC, which makes it inaccessible at Fanime.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

*throws dice*
i got an 8.
now what?  ???

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 17, 2009, 11:26:17 PM
*throws dice*