Dungeons & Dragons

Started by TC X0 Lt 0X, December 15, 2008, 09:30:00 PM

neko ewen

@azor12:
As I said upthread, I prefer 4e since I know it a hell of a lot better. I'm potentially available most any time during the con. If you're going to run it, let me know what kind of character to bring (I can whip something up in the character builder pretty quickly).

If we can settle on a time I'll definitely be happy to run a session of Maid RPG as well. I'll probably do a random-event-driven game for 2-3 hours. IMO that's the best way to experience how insane Maid RPG can really be.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

TC X0 Lt 0X

Cool.
I can play 4e, though I do prefer 3.5.
I can whip up a character at home, so all I need is the info to make it.

As for Neko, I'm up to be in your Maid RPG game.
I have a interest to see how it works, and as long as its at a time that does not conflict with my schedule (like early morning or late night), then I should be able to go.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

azor12

Ok cool guys. Well Im thinking towards the end of heroic tier, level 8-10. I too have D&D insider and was thinking of running one part of Scales of War. But im open for whatever the general group wants. As for day, Sunday sounds good, but im good whenever. So let me know soon guys

doriangray

Quote from: azor12 on May 09, 2009, 02:04:18 AM
Ok cool guys. Well Im thinking towards the end of heroic tier, level 8-10. I too have D&D insider and was thinking of running one part of Scales of War. But im open for whatever the general group wants. As for day, Sunday sounds good, but im good whenever. So let me know soon guys

Again, if this was done Sunday afternoon so that I could go and fulfil other obligations that I have at 8pm, I would happily come to this as it sounds quite good.  I would volunteer for the striker role with an elf rogue and bring power cards, minis, etc.
All love is elf love!

Princesses who choose the dragon over the white knight don't get to ride the dragon into the sunset; they get eaten, and from what the dragons tell me, they're crunchy.

azor12

Awesome, Sunday Afternoon sounds good for me too. Ill be bring the books, a battlemat, and probably minis too. As for level 8-10 adventure sound good? The sooner i know what players want, the sooner i can plot and plan ;D

neko ewen

Sunday afternoon, level 8-10 works for me too. :3 I'll bring a warlord, which will cover the leader role, unless someone else really wants that. Let us know what specific level of characters to bring though. Oh, also, do you want characters to use backgrounds, and if so what kind?

For Maid RPG, how does Friday or Saturday afternoon sound? Like I said, it'd probably go for 3 hours or so. I would prefer to start in the afternoon because while Maid RPG can be a zero-prep game, it's about as high-energy as RPGs get, and that's when I'll be the most awake.

Stormfalcon

Friday or Saturday afternoon sound good to me as far as Maid RPG goes.  Leaning towards Friday since not as much happens on Friday as it does Saturday.  Can we bring our own characters, or are we doing chargen at the start?
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

neko ewen

I was going to roll up characters at the table, but if you have the game and want to make one ahead of time, I don't mind. It'll save a little bit of time, after all.

Stormfalcon

That's cool.  I've got a few to pick from.  Any particular genre you have in mind for the game?  Modern?  Fantasy?  Sci-fi?
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

azor12

Cool, I too would like to try Maids RPG, I haven't played before, but still sounds like fun., As for the adventure on Sunday three things: One, I am a hearld level dm for RPGA so if you guys are interested I can attempt to sanction the game so we can all get some cool stuff, Two I have a friend who plays and will be with me, I will speak with him today about what he wants to play, and three yor characters can have a background but it is optional, also i lied it will be lvl 9 concluding at lvl 11

neko ewen

Quote from: Stormfalcon on May 10, 2009, 10:10:56 AM
That's cool.  I've got a few to pick from.  Any particular genre you have in mind for the game?  Modern?  Fantasy?  Sci-fi?
I'm gonna roll the mansion randomly at the table. :3

doriangray

Quote from: azor12 on May 10, 2009, 11:00:08 AM
Cool, I too would like to try Maids RPG, I haven't played before, but still sounds like fun., As for the adventure on Sunday three things: One, I am a hearld level dm for RPGA so if you guys are interested I can attempt to sanction the game so we can all get some cool stuff, Two I have a friend who plays and will be with me, I will speak with him today about what he wants to play, and three yor characters can have a background but it is optional, also i lied it will be lvl 9 concluding at lvl 11

Awesome.  I can bring DCI cards with me so you can sanction the table if there are players without a DCI number.

Aaaaaaaand if the table is sanctioned I get cheaty RPGA rewards cards!  Yay!
All love is elf love!

Princesses who choose the dragon over the white knight don't get to ride the dragon into the sunset; they get eaten, and from what the dragons tell me, they're crunchy.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: azor12 on May 10, 2009, 11:00:08 AM
What kind of cool stuff >=3
*Greed level rises*

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

azor12

This sounds like its going to be awesome. Well in that case i will go ahead and sanction the event. Also Is there a time or place everyone wants to meet up before the game just to do a little meet and greet. I like knowing my players before we sit down and have an all out blast.

havok rt

Alright Well looks like I finally get to play 4e and Maid RPG. So who should we swap contact info and what not? I'd make it a lot easier to find each other at the con. Character wise, I was thinking of making a Half Elf Bard or a Warlord. Also is there any prep needed for maid RPG?
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

neko ewen

I'm doing a random-event-driven thing for Maid RPG, so even I can't really prepare beyond bringing character sheets.

So, the RPG group we've got going is: me, TC_X0_Lt_0X, azor12, doriangray, Stormfalcon, and havok rt? Any more than 5-6 players and Maid RPG will start to get unwieldy, though I'll let whoever's running it decide how many people to let into the D&D4e game. We can exchange contact info by PMs.

Maybe we could meet up on Friday or Saturday afternoon, shoot the breeze for a while (maybe get lunch) and then do Maid RPG?

azor12

That sounds perfectly acceptable to me. Just a location and time and we can be good to go

TC X0 Lt 0X

If we do anything Friday, and likely at anytime during Con, I will probably have 1, maybe 2 people attached to me. 1 will likely be un-removable, the other can be removed but is into TRPGs. So it may get a little crowded when/if I'm in a game. Though I'm not sure if either will want to play, I assume they will if they stay with me. Just pointing that out.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

azor12

Ok, if there interested I can always whip up a character with their choices or them to play, Ive run large groups before, but we will see.

havok rt

I agree with neko ewen, we should meet up, grab a bite to eat (lunch/dinner), introduce ourselves, you know get to know each other a bit, and then play some RPGs? Anyways seeing as neko ewan called warlord earlier I'm going to make me a Ranger 2blade variant. And since I normally don't play on tiles or with miniatures; if nobody minds, I'm going to use my lil' 2inch Deadpool toy ;D.Anyways I'll PM you folks my contact info in a bit.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)