No cake for Little Hitler.

Started by Mister_E, December 16, 2008, 11:34:07 PM

questionette

Quote from: Raymei on December 18, 2008, 05:16:39 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on December 17, 2008, 10:27:47 PM
At least the kid's name is a name. Remember that celebrity (I forgot who) that named her daughter "Big Apple" 

Apple.
Yeah, Gwenythe(sp?) Paltrow and that singer from Coldplay's kid.  Celebrities were giving their kids ESPECIALLY weird names around this time...  lol

I've been working as a server for about 5 years and see some AWESOME names:
Laura Fuchs
some guy with the last name "Moran" (pronounced ..."moron".  I went up with "Mr. Mo-ran" and they laughed and corrected me, "nope, I'm a 'More-ron'. "

Uh...shoot, I can't remember my favorite.  It was actually a server I worked with's customer, but it was great!  Dammit...
Oh well.

Bahaha I watched a show on VH1 about celebrity baby names.  I forgot who it was but someone named their child AUDIO SCIENCE.  Yeah. What The HELL, man.

Raymei

LOL  I think I watched that same special!
Yeah, I forget some of the really good ones, but Apple was a big deal for some reason  (was freakin' everywhere... lol)

AnimeEmperor

That's kind of not fair, they're sort of discriminating.....(even if it's little Hitler).

Raymei

Oh, it's definitely discrimination and stupid to not make the cake over the poor kid's name.
But with those names...the parents are either incredibly stupid they didn't expect their children would have problems in life due to them, or they're hoping we THINK they are (I've seen people go in for more pathetic lawsuits than this, just hoping for an easy buck).

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: otakuapprentice on December 17, 2008, 06:29:57 PM
I LOLed at the story....which reminds of a really funny thing that happened at work once: lady paid with a check, and on the check is her name.

The name? Revlon L'oreal Celeste. I Kid you not(it was the same on her drivers license, I fought so hard not to laugh).

I hella Lol'd.

codex biblio

Quote from: Raymei on December 20, 2008, 09:26:06 AM
Oh, it's definitely discrimination and stupid to not make the cake over the poor kid's name.
But with those names...the parents are either incredibly stupid they didn't expect their children would have problems in life due to them, or they're hoping we THINK they are (I've seen people go in for more pathetic lawsuits than this, just hoping for an easy buck).

If you're referring to discrimination in the legal sense, it would be interesting (and slightly horrific) to see under which of the "protected" classes they would seek to assert their "right". Hopefully, the kids will just tire of all this and change their names.

Raymei

Quote from: codex biblio on December 20, 2008, 08:38:53 PM
Quote from: Raymei on December 20, 2008, 09:26:06 AM

If you're referring to discrimination in the legal sense, it would be interesting (and slightly horrific) to see under which of the "protected" classes they would seek to assert their "right". Hopefully, the kids will just tire of all this and change their names.

lol  Again, either incredibly stupid, or hoping we think they are.  :P
Never said it would work, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried  XD

Mister_E

Seems that the parents of the three kids have been taken away by social workers and the parents have been deemed unfit.

That's all that I can find no one has given any comment.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

G.I.R

JTchinoy

Wow, if it's cuz of the names their kids have that'll just be dumb in my opinion.  I don't think unusual names is grounds for taking their kids.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Stormfalcon

Unusual names in and of themselves?  No.  Names that can only invite scorn and harassment in life (such as naming kids after monstrous butchers in history or after racist concepts and terms)?  Yeah.  Those can't end well for the kids.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Stormfalcon on January 16, 2009, 06:44:01 AM
Unusual names in and of themselves?  No.  Names that can only invite scorn and harassment in life (such as naming kids after monstrous butchers in history or after racist concepts and terms)?  Yeah.  Those can't end well for the kids.

As in the full title? Like, Jack the Ripper as the kid's first name?