Sunday 3/8/09: Great Mall + Jerry's Gathering

Started by Jerry, December 24, 2008, 02:52:57 AM

Jerry

another update [ With pending guest list !!! ]

************  first post updated **************  or read here:
EDIT [as of 3/5/2009]:
So far planned:

What:   Social gathering of the Fanime peeps!
Where:  Afternoon-ish:  Great Mall [Milpitas, CA]
            Eveningish:      Jerry's Place [east side san jose]

When:   SUNDAY  3/8/2009

Time: Meet up Location:
         Great Mall - Food Court Starting after 12pm noon-ish?
         Jerry's place - starting after 6pm -ish til midnight.

Start:  @ Century 20 Great Mall
         Coraline     100 mins START @ 150PM
         Watchmen  160 mins START @ 150PM
        Dave and Busters to follow movie - Stop whenever.

6pm- ish to 12 [midnight HARD CLOSING TIME]
        Jerry's place.
        MUST RSVP and must be approved by Jerry & Roommate DemonLordZazuba
        IF you are NOT RSVP'ed you will NOT be allowed to enter.
        [you have been sternly warnned]

Activities:
Great Mall - Hanging out, D&B's, possible movie?
Jerry's Place - Hanging out, gaming, Food, drink and fun times!

Jerry's House RULES:
NO GUESTS UPSTAIRS! NO GUESTS IN THE ROOM BEHIND THE KITCHEN!
[upstairs bathroom is OK]
Please NO Drama, NO THIEVES, NO ZOMBIES, NO weapons
[people are allowed to borrow items with permission and notification from Jerry, please return items when possible***]
Guest list must be approved by Jerry AND DLZ
MUST be 21+ in regards to responsible beverage consumption

ALL rules subject to change*

GUEST LIST

Guys:
THE JERRY [Host after 6pm]
Otaku   'the Dr. O'
Steve Young
Deonchan
'old man' Barnes GM only.
Ultraman Gaia
Tsubasa    POST GM
Last Elixir  POST GM
Ryu         
Gmontem  GM only?
Stormfalcon GM only?
Moogle        GM only.

Ladies:
Lactose
J9isawesome
Edendreams + friends
Sunara
KandyBar +[husband]?
Chiri Kcrinh [PEER PRESSURE!!! Cheesy] GM only? [because she is afraid of Jerry] surprise attack?

Honortable mentions:
DLZ [out on vacation]
Lisu [out on vacation]
Short_storiesgl [punches economy in the face D:]
Kazuko [we all still think u should go! Cheesy]
XphobiaX
zoupzoup2
Mduo13
Brightheart76

If you name isnt here, that means i missed your name, or I couldnt tell if u were serious about going to this gathering!
Speak up or hold your peace.

REMEMBER ALL ARE WELCOMED. :D this is not exclusive to ppl who just posted on this thread.
We expect and appreciate surprise new challengers to the group.

just please respect the rules of the house and no stalking the girls [apparently thats my job :P]

Ask and you shall receive sorta....

So time to throw together some ideas for a Board (bored ) Gathering for the beginning-ish of 2009. Now realisitically anyone and everyone is totally allowed to thrown in their two cents.

The better organized we are the more successful and possibly the more people you could meet from and expand your circles of friends you will.

Believe it or not, in the Chaos that was 2006 we nearly had Monthly if not WEEKLY gatherings in Q4 of 2006 and 3 years later mostly due to natural progressions and of course ( WE ALL BLAME ) the lame economy we havent had many gatherhings in recent ( *cough cough * 2008 ) so to make up for a lack luster year of gatherings We'll throw in a little more effort and let this be the breeding ground of better and brighter and possibly more concrete (crazy or not ) ideas for gatherings in 2009.

One suggestions that I think may or may have not been thrown out to Mr. System Admin and his awesome and helpful mods is that we have some time of "EVENT CALENDAR" for ALL YEAR ROUND. Literally monthly or generic possible events ( and of course all natural/ or random holidays ) for us to celebrate i.e Valentie's day, First Day of summer, Xmas and such and such.

Then again I've seen gatherings for other special events such as Big movies: I.e. Star Trek, SF: Legend of Chun Li, and other big 2009 films and releases.

Or even announce minor/major house gatherings for Bdays, shoutouts or just a bunch of people celebrating and gaming up new games like Resident evil 5, God of War 3, and various other epic titles of 2009.

We've gotten suggestions for:

Video games Live (Feb)
Wonder Con (Feb)
Jerry's bday (Feb)

Avenue Q (March)

Cherry Blossom Festival (April)

Fanime 2009 (Duh)

Another T-shirt Gathering???
Another Ultimate Game Night Gathering?

Girls Night out (obviously NOT hosted by me of course :P)
Guy's Night out (of course the guys are too lazy to do anything)
Tap-X Friday Night Hangouts (still actually being done to this day)

Gamer's Night In (NEW to 2009?!?)

Bringing back??? ---->
The 911 Challange???
Raging Waters Summertime fun Gathering
Beach Board walk Gathering

Dont forget other Cons!
JTAF (San Francisco)
SAC Anime
Ani-Jam (Fresno)
Anime on Display
Yaoi Con
Kinyobi Con
San Diego Comic Con!
Tokyo Game Show 2009
Penny Arcade Expo 2009
Sakura Con 2009

See what I mean, eh, if we ever actually get buckled down to actually make an events Calendar, or actually plan it and do it I think they'll be plenty of things to do in 2009.

then again its 3am and ive been shooting zombies inbetween typing this, so im probably not making much sense at the moment so u should just ignore this entire thread and or just come up with better ideas and suggetions

peace out yo.  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

short_storiesgl

Well im down for a beginning of the yearish gathering... even if we just go and get some coffee i think it would still be fun. Plus i havent seen most of everyone since Con.. Tsk tsk
Dance Staff Second

Jerry

Quote from: short_storiesgl on December 24, 2008, 10:28:31 AM
Well im down for a beginning of the yearish gathering... even if we just go and get some coffee i think it would still be fun. Plus i havent seen most of everyone since Con.. Tsk tsk

And who's fault is that? :P

Do anime fans even like coffee? I figure they get pearl drinks, pocky and debate over all sorts of nerdy anime or pop culture goo :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Jerry on December 24, 2008, 10:46:08 AM
Quote from: short_storiesgl on December 24, 2008, 10:28:31 AM

And who's fault is that? :P

Do anime fans even like coffee? I figure they get pearl drinks, pocky and debate over all sorts of nerdy anime or pop culture goo :P

Well, I drink Coffee still, just been weaning myself out of it and drinking more tea instead.

I like your suggestions Jerry, but don't forget birthdays as well. Well, you gotta remember that most of everyone is also back at school and the summer is basically what the gatherings happens. Anyway, let's kick off the new year with a gathering at your place and then something for valentine's day. It's time for the break to be over lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Lisu

Damn dude, we leave you for like 4 days and you get desperate. Show some love!

chichiri97

BunofGovt

Quote from: Jerry on December 24, 2008, 02:52:57 AM
Or even announce minor/major house gatherings for Bdays, shoutouts or just a bunch of people celebrating and gaming up new games like Resident evil 5, God of War 3, and various other epic titles of 2009.

Maybe every quarter have a Big Birthday meeting for everyone's birthdays in those months (Jan-Mar, April - June, July - Sept, Oct - Dec) so you're not having to celebrate one person, then a second person, etc.

I'm a fine one to talk, haven't seen anyone since Ani-Matsuri.

I like the idea of an Events Calendar ... two years ago I actually planned vacations and business travel around conventions...
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

BrightHeart76

Just throwing it out there again.  If anyone wants to make the trek to Reno I can provide limited sleep space at my apartment or I can help find cheap hotels in the area that aren't totally scary.  :D

We have some great arcades and events.  This town seriously NEVER shuts down...there's always something to do or somewhere to eat at every hour of the day.  If you want to ski at Tahoe some of the ski slopes are just an hour or so from Reno.  We have lots of good places to eat too.

I'm EXTREMELY bored...anime fans in Reno are far and few between.

(sorry if this posts twice, my computer is being a pain)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

edendreams

I would love to plan a girls night IN party but the space is the hard part >< but you know i'm down for plannign things.

I have been talking about doing like a monthly roleplay night where once a month a roleplaying game will be hosted with different games wach time! for example Maids, kobolds ate my baby, dnd  and etc now i don't have much experience myself with playing the games but i still think this is a wonderful idea and certainly one for great memories.

a little art by me ^-^

Kazuko

Girls night in meaning guys will probally raid it cause they cant gtfo out of a girl moment ww

I would volunteer my place but theres some stuff I kinda dont want people to know and due to some family issues I really cant :T I could co-host depending on space, we could just get a hotel room and have a telly party (hotel party) but thats also probally not fun as well. Also I live in the most lamest place ever :U you wouldnt really like it though a few have been to my house and seen the pool/hot tub ww

:U jeeze jerry sterotyping pearl drinks with animu nerds that aint true ffff we have a quickly and hella hella HELLA gangster kids and the like get boba.

:T Im more of a Coffee and Tea girl myself hay shortay we should get some coffee together, I want to chomp on how cute your hair is and the like

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Kazuko on December 26, 2008, 12:17:17 AM
Girls night in meaning guys will probally raid it cause they cant gtfo out of a girl moment ww

I would volunteer my place but theres some stuff I kinda dont want people to know and due to some family issues I really cant :T I could co-host depending on space, we could just get a hotel room and have a telly party (hotel party) but thats also probally not fun as well. Also I live in the most lamest place ever :U you wouldnt really like it though a few have been to my house and seen the pool/hot tub ww

:U jeeze jerry sterotyping pearl drinks with animu nerds that aint true ffff we have a quickly and hella hella HELLA gangster kids and the like get boba.

:T Im more of a Coffee and Tea girl myself hay shortay we should get some coffee together, I want to chomp on how cute your hair is and the like
BS stereotype, I don't drink Pearl bevs.

Girls' Day/Night thing has been done before, and we didn't invade it.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Kazuko

Quote from: otakuapprentice on December 26, 2008, 12:32:58 AM
Quote from: Kazuko on December 26, 2008, 12:17:17 AM

BS stereotype, I don't drink Pearl bevs.

Girls' Day/Night thing has been done before, and we didn't invade it.
lol are you gangster jesus? then again you are chuy x) lol mexican nicknames. I like pearl bevs but Im more of a coffee tea girl :U

:U really well do you remember someone posting an all girl sleepover with only one guy being there, funny as hell man

otakuapprentice

yea, I remember hearing about that...I just don't remember if that last bit is true or not.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Kazuko

Quote from: otakuapprentice on December 26, 2008, 12:43:22 AM
yea, I remember hearing about that...I just don't remember if that last bit is true or not.
It never happened because it was clearly obvious and creepy so no one went

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

XpHoBiaX

I don't know if this should go here, but I will be in SF for a Body art Expo, and Nationals. Both are tattoo expos...I know not many people are very interested, but when I have dates maybe we can put them up as well? Just incase anyone wants to drop by and say Hi.

I may be in other places close to you guys in the near future as well.
I also know that I'll be tattooing In San Diego sometime soon, so maybe we could all hang out for a day. I'll probably be down there for a Month or so. I'll post dates when I have them.

Sorry I can't go to many gatherings...I live too far away. >:/

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Kazuko

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on December 26, 2008, 07:14:28 PM
I don't know if this should go here, but I will be in SF for a Body art Expo, and Nationals. Both are tattoo expos...I know not many people are very interested, but when I have dates maybe we can put them up as well? Just incase anyone wants to drop by and say Hi.

I may be in other places close to you guys in the near future as well.
I also know that I'll be tattooing In San Diego sometime soon, so maybe we could all hang out for a day. I'll probably be down there for a Month or so. I'll post dates when I have them.

Sorry I can't go to many gatherings...I live too far away. >:/
you and I both, Well when you come to tracy to work let me know fool :G

ANIME-T

Hey!

Slightly off topic but kind of on topic

Favorite anime character or quote right on a t shirt.

At the next gathering I could bring everybody what they want.

Any ideas? 

WE MAKE T SHIRTS

Kazuko

You sound a bit bottish at the rate of spamming about your T's Im guessing you have made a post in the stuff i can make section? Though if you want to host a tshirt making gathering then plan it son

:G anyway I would like to suggest Gmontem and my old suggestion of The Opera or decent theater, Im pretty sure if most of you are going to spew money out of your orifices for videogames live Im pretty sure you can spend money on some culture as well though currently there isnt nothing until may at the SF Opera (unngh wanna see some tosca)

XpHoBiaX

I just looked at our web site, and the SF Body Art expo is in Aug....:( It's too far away.
-_-'

There is something comming up in Feb in Sonora (?) I have to ask. I think it's that Nationals Tattoo Expo I mentioned. Dunno. @_@

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??