Sunday 3/8/09: Great Mall + Jerry's Gathering

Started by Jerry, December 24, 2008, 02:52:57 AM

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

HarpB

how about a night out to just discuss animes?
-or-
An ouran host club Anime Marathon at someone's house :p
-or-
A day at SJSU's bowling alley. It got arcade, few pool table and such

j9isawesome

I'd offer up my place for future gatherings but it's so tiny. :(

Quote from: daiphyer.com on December 27, 2008, 07:04:06 PM
I actually really like the idea of having a anime marathon at someones house. I've never seen Ouran Host Club, is it good?

Formerly known as Felicity869

short_storiesgl

oh oh me too! i love that idea i would have it at mine but it would have to be when roomie were around even tho i dont think they'd mind hmmmmmmmm
Dance Staff Second

ced1106

Well, if anyone's up for tabletop games, drop me a PM. I usually go to Gamesday and Bay Area Peninsula Gaming.

Lookee whut Santa brought me:
* Ghost Stories: Asian-ghost themed exorcism game.
* Dominion: Deckbuilding game, similar to Magic.
* Cosmic Encounter: FFG edition.
* Attribute: Apples to Apples party game.
* Once Upon a Time: Dark Stories: In which Hansel and Gretel get eaten.

Apples to Apples went well at Ryu's Bday a few years ago. I can bring games for a Party Games night.
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

short_storiesgl

oh Apples to Apples is hella fun!!!
Word. no really that game owns face
Dance Staff Second

edendreams

Quote from: short_storiesgl on December 31, 2008, 09:41:21 AM
oh Apples to Apples is hella fun!!!
Word. no really that game owns face

lok owns it occationally we get friends together to play it. we did have a game going at UGN that was fun i say we have another UGN for sure XD course i do not have the room for that here

a little art by me ^-^

Jerry

Ultimate Gaming Network.

I wish there was a cable channel like that.

G4 isnt what it used to be  :-\

but i digress. there will prolly be AT LEAST one huge epic night of gaming.
More details will eventually appear soon or later.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

deonchan

I see one for Ave Q (been there awesome show) but what about one for Wicked?
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

edendreams

Quote from: deonchan on December 31, 2008, 12:36:49 PM
I see one for Ave Q (been there awesome show) but what about one for Wicked?

lol i'm going to wicked but thats for a different reason

a little art by me ^-^

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: j9isawesome on December 29, 2008, 10:08:39 PM

I actually really like the idea of having a anime marathon at someones house. I've never seen Ouran Host Club, is it good?

It is good. I recommend it. XD

I like the idea of an anime marathon night also.

But I also want to suggest an old school anime night. As now days, not that many people know the old roots, have seen the older series, etc etc. It makes me cry a little inside. D:

I'll try to make a gathering here or there. Just be aware that my priorities are on job hunting; so if it conflicts, you get the gist. XD;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

HarpB

Quote from: j9isawesome on December 29, 2008, 10:08:39 PM

I have seen it twice already and want to see it the third time. Does that shows it is good? ^_^

havok rt

Well I loved to go to more meeting but most if not all happen on the weekend and I gotta work. Life suck when you gotta pay for everything yourself. But I'd be totally down to see Avenue Q.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

JohnnyAR

Runewitt

i really doub anyone will respond to this, but what about a camping trip somewheres? just a weekend thing.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

BigDaddy

I dunno what you guys do for Valentines Day but you should check out the Pillow Fight Club at SF. Looks like a good excuse to beat up a random person with a pillow. ;)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/san-francisco-pillow-fight-club-san-francisco
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me"
-Michael Scott

deonchan

Funny thing.. I was debating having a pre Fanime gather for LARPers ... mainly to see if there would be enough people to run some sort of LARP @ the con @ night....
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Kandybar

So...apparently if you don't touch the boards for three months THEY MOVE EVERYTHING AROUND ON YOU.  Good to know.

I'm up for stuff.  An anime marathon sounds like a good idea - one of the reasons I don't go to No Name that often is that I'm not up to date on what they're showing and then I am confused.  (Ouran rocks, woot woot, and the first season just came out in the States though Tamaki's English voice makes me want to cry.)  Old School anime would be nice too.

(And my husband is looking forward to additional gaming nights.)

ced1106

Hmm.

Only problem with an anime marathon is, of course, picking the anime. I'd suggest a "Just one episode" anime night. Bring your single favorite anime episode. I'm going with Natsume YaknowIforgottherestoftheanimetitlebutitsaboutJapaneseghostsandit'smoreofasliceoflifeshowthananythingscary.

And, also of course, we'll have a room for games in case you're not interested in whatever's playing at the moment.

Nina, one of the Foothill Anime regulars, has a house we can use in Los Altos Hills. I think it has three screens and a BBQ pit...
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.