Sunday 3/8/09: Great Mall + Jerry's Gathering

Started by Jerry, December 24, 2008, 02:52:57 AM

j9isawesome

I'm actually off on the 8th, so that would be rad...
Formerly known as Felicity869

Jerry

sounds like a legit plan hashing out so far.

and then of course we could always default back to my place, because we all know how lame and boring of a place that will be :D

Speaking of which, doest anyone have pictures from Saturday? I know Jeanine took a few, but now im more worried what kind of incriminating photos are out there of me. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

Quote from: Jerry on February 23, 2009, 11:46:15 AM
sounds like a legit plan hashing out so far.

and then of course we could always default back to my place, because we all know how lame and boring of a place that will be :D

Speaking of which, doest anyone have pictures from Saturday? I know Jeanine took a few, but now im more worried what kind of incriminating photos are out there of me. :P

The Jerry has many pictures that rests in my computer at the very moment.

-Steve

P.S. what time we thinking about doing this?
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

Depends on what we end up doing:

Are we really wanting to watch a movie? If so need suggestions
do you really want to go to D&B?

or do we just want to skip both and have video games, board games and snackage back at my place ? :P

Sarah brough Raving Rabbits TV and that was a FREAKing awesome game.

That plus playing games like:

Halo 3
Left 4 Dead
SF4
others?

was fun! [not to mention free- good for your budget!]

but thats my 2 cents.

j9isawesome

Quote from: Jerry on February 23, 2009, 11:46:15 AM
I haved more than a few pictures ;) I'm almost done resizing them too. Should I post them here on the boards? In the member's pics thread, make a new thread in the gathering forum because it was practically a fanime board gather? Or should I be nice and hide them away somewhere so that no one sees us all far too drunk and silly?

Quote from: Jerry on February 23, 2009, 02:25:15 PM

or do we just want to skip both and have video games, board games and snackage back at my place ? :P
I'd personally rather not watch a movie. No offense guys but most of the time when we go see a movie it sucks ass. Ghost Rider, for example. ;) So if we do go to the mall then I'd still prefer D&B (mostly because I still have one of those game cards full of credits) but I'm down for whatever the group wants. Another massive video/board game gathering/Jerry Con would also be rad.

Jerry

yes, you and Steve and whoever else took pictures.

have full permission to make me look like a retard here on the boards. yay for turning old. :P

Quote from: j9isawesome on February 23, 2009, 04:49:25 PM
I'd personally rather not watch a movie. No offense guys but most of the time when we go see a movie it sucks ass. Ghost Rider, for example. ;) So if we do go to the mall then I'd still prefer D&B (mostly because I still have one of those game cards full of credits) but I'm down for whatever the group wants. Another massive video/board game gathering/Jerry Con would also be rad.

yes, i guess gatherings at my place are still awesome! just like J9 ;)

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

otakuapprentice

The movie sucked because I wasn't the one who picked it; You let me choose and I guarantee it will be worth your recession dollars........and yes, we can go to Dave & Busters' too(I have ticket credits still on my card, and I must earn more)
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Kazuko

Quote from: otakuapprentice on February 23, 2009, 05:12:43 PM

The movie sucked because I wasn't the one who picked it; You let me choose and I guarantee it will be worth your recession dollars........and yes, we can go to Dave & Busters' too(I have ticket credits still on my card, and I must earn more)
Coraline in 3D Imax is so worth the recession dollars

c: so is the upcomming Jonas Brothers ULTIMATE 3D EXPERIENCE \o/ well more like Joe Jonas crotch in everyones faces

Sunara Ishi

Sarah brough Raving Rabbits TV and that was a FREAKing awesome game.

That plus playing games like:

Halo 3
Left 4 Dead
SF4
others?

was fun! [not to mention free- good for your budget!]

but thats my 2 cents.
Rock Band??? >.> | <.< | >.> | <.<  | -.-;
I want to play guitar/bass...

Any of those are good for me. XD
Quote from: Kazuko on February 23, 2009, 08:18:36 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on February 23, 2009, 05:12:43 PM

I haven't seen Coraline... I want to. I hear it is awesome. >.<
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

j9isawesome

c: so is the upcomming Jonas Brothers ULTIMATE 3D EXPERIENCE \o/ well more like Joe Jonas crotch in everyones faces
See, that right there is why you guys aren't allowed to pick movies. *shudders* ;)

Seriously though, Coraline looks like it might be good.

Kazuko

Quote from: j9isawesome on February 23, 2009, 09:38:44 PM

See, that right there is why you guys aren't allowed to pick movies. *shudders* ;)

Seriously though, Coraline looks like it might be good.
haha x) you know watching the jonas brothers brings out the pedo in you, you secretly like it ;] (I hart you)

Coraline is so amazing! I saw it but I wouldnt mind seeing it again c:

Jerry

yes yes, I DO have Rock band 2, that was sorta a given.

If Coraline is still in theatres and if Jeanine hasnt seen it yet, then I'm down for that.

I promised myself I would watch more Tim Burton movies.

so yah. are ppl okay to watch Coraline again?

zoupzuop2

I haven't seen it yet... if I'm able to go on the 8th, I'd be down for it.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Kazuko

Quote from: Jerry on February 24, 2009, 09:30:37 AM
yes yes, I DO have Rock band 2, that was sorta a given.

If Coraline is still in theatres and if Jeanine hasnt seen it yet, then I'm down for that.

I promised myself I would watch more Tim Burton movies.

so yah. are ppl okay to watch Coraline again?
>: but coraline is Henry Selick's baby Tim burton wasent involved with Coraline at all

Jerry

really? i thought tim burton was involved somehow. or it feels very tim burton-ish.

*shrugs*

sorry, i guess its like saying Disney was involved with WALL-E when it was really Pixar. :P

Kazuko

Quote from: Jerry on February 24, 2009, 11:49:40 AM
really? i thought tim burton was involved somehow. or it feels very tim burton-ish.

*shrugs*

sorry, i guess its like saying Disney was involved with WALL-E when it was really Pixar. :P
alot of people get confused when the coraline trailer mentions the nightmare before christmas, Henry Selick (who also made james and the giant peach) was involved with that film as well though tim burton was the one who directed Nightmare.

Disney and Pixar got married so its a disney/pixar collab, disney has the rights while pixar is the one who made it

sorry I get technical sometimes in films D:

short_storiesgl

So is the Date set are we doing this the 8th? :D :D :D
Dance Staff Second

Jerry

Sure its decided March 8th 2009.
which is a Sunday we [whoever they are]

are hanging out at Great Mall in milpitas.
date and location is set.

we'll hammer out more details as more suggestions/decisions come to light.

Barnes

So, I guess I'll call you when I'm ready to get there Jerry. Cool with that?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes