Sunday 3/8/09: Great Mall + Jerry's Gathering

Started by Jerry, December 24, 2008, 02:52:57 AM

Stormfalcon

Not a problem, Barnes.  It's always worth it to give someone good advice and save them a trip to the returns counter as far as I'm concerned :)

Anyway, had a great time hanging out with you guys, and thanks again to Ryu for giving me a lift home after the party at Jerry's.  I'll have my pics up before too long. :)
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Steve.Young

I missed this, because I had stuff...lots of stuff to do.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

j9isawesome

Dr. O & Sunara~ thanks for keeping the husband and me company at Dave & Busters.

Jerry~as always, thanking you for playing the host and opening up your home to us.

Lok~ HAPPY BDAY!!!!

Edendreams~ Bringer of Cake <3 <3 <3

Lactose~ you're awesome and need to get your butt down here for more meetups in the future ;)

lindsey and lee~ what are your forum names? Why am I SO awful with remembering names?! Lindsey you made the greatest dip ever, I could eat that dip for days :)

Matt~you can stop reinderducing yourself to me every time now. ;) I promise, I really do remember who you are. This is one of many signs that J9 needs to stay sober at the next Jerry's house gathering

Everyone else~ it was great seeing every one again. I promise I'll be less drunk annoying next time! <3 ya all.

Quote from: Barnes on March 08, 2009, 09:37:27 PM
Moogleborg: Sorry I ditched you in the food court. If I had known that D&B's card machines wouldn't accept debit cards, I would have bought cash with me.
Oh no, Barnes, only one of the machines wasn't taking cards, Dr O had that problem too, but the one machine in the back of the circle was actually working with cards. :(
I wish the rest of us got to hang out with ya.

Formerly known as Felicity869

RyuHayabusa

It was great seeing everyone and seeing Watchmen made it worth it and I need to practice some more on Rock band, but It'll happen in due time. I'll see ya guys later.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Amelia Seyruun

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on March 09, 2009, 10:22:48 AM
It was great seeing everyone and seeing Watchmen made it worth it and I need to practice some more on Rock band, but It'll happen in due time. I'll see ya guys later.

I'm glad I got to chill with everyone after a long, long time.  It was well worth leaving the house on a Sunday.  ;D  I should try out Rock Band....
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

Moogleborg

Quote from: Barnes on March 08, 2009, 09:37:27 PM

Moogleborg: Sorry I ditched you in the food court. If I had known that D&B's card machines wouldn't accept debit cards, I would have bought cash with me.

Its alright. ^^ At least I got to see you and some of the guys again. ^^ Hopefully i'll make it to the next gathering as well. ^_^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: j9isawesome on March 09, 2009, 10:07:02 AM
Dr. O & Sunara~ thanks for keeping the husband and me company at Dave & Busters.
No problem. Thanks for you and Dr. O for sharing games with me. ~hugs~ Thanks for the ride to Jerry's. And the advice about Steampunk. >.<

Dr.O: Thanks again for sharing games. XD

Jerry: Thanks for hosting again. And thanks for letting me borrow 3x3 Eyes so I can finish it. I <3 that show; I should get my own copy when I have a job again. >.>;

Edendreams: Your cake was delicious. ~nom nom nom~

Loktera: Thanks for the ride back. XD

Gmon: It was nice seeing you again. Although I was disappointed you didn't bring the camera so we could have awesome camera moments. D: We could've found a random target for a meme. D: But just seeing you was cool.

Barnes and Moogle: It sucks that we missed you in D&B.

Jeff: It was nice talking to you. XD

Certain people who suck: How can you miss me in the food court? ~frown~ You suck. XP

Rock Band people: Thanks for some awesome games. And letting me be picky about the songs I was singing. XD Drums were interesting to try but I don't have a handle on that foot petal very well yet. D:

Everyone else: It was nice seeing you all again. Sorry I disappeared into Rock Band. -.-;

Next time I'll hopefully have money to use for the games at D&B. -.-;
Random thoughts about the gathering: I think this was one time that almost everyone was late. D: The meet up time was 12 not 1... >.> And maybe next time we should note Daylight saving time more clearly or not have a gathering on a day when the time changes. -.-;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

j9isawesome

Jerry

Quote from: j9isawesome on March 12, 2009, 10:50:58 PM
photos are up: http://j9isawesome.livejournal.com/116537.html

I hope the J9 had a good time. next time we'll go a bit slower on the rate of which you enjoy your beverages.

Thanks again for making the magical of moments captured so that I could make fun of myself on the internets.

again im guessing its okay to grab pics please? :D

So. I know your days off are limited. so should I start a T-shirt thread here? or a completely new thread? :P

I've always wanted to make an epically long gathering thread.

So I could change the first post/ re-name this the planning of the T-shirt thread for 2009? or should I start a new T-shirt gathering brain storming thread? :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

j9isawesome

Quote from: Jerry on March 13, 2009, 08:43:06 AM
Quote from: j9isawesome on March 12, 2009, 10:50:58 PM
photos are up: http://j9isawesome.livejournal.com/116537.html

I hope the J9 had a good time. next time we'll go a bit slower on the rate of which you enjoy your beverages.

Thanks again for making the magical of moments captured so that I could make fun of myself on the internets.

again im guessing its okay to grab pics please? :D

So. I know your days off are limited. so should I start a T-shirt thread here? or a completely new thread? :P

I've always wanted to make an epically long gathering thread.

So I could change the first post/ re-name this the planning of the T-shirt thread for 2009? or should I start a new T-shirt gathering brain storming thread? :P
J9 will not be "enjoying beverages" at your place again for a while, lol

Of course it's ok to steal borrow my pictures.

I think you should start a new thread for a tshirt gathering. It would get confusing if you posted it here. We'll need to figure out a date soon. I should know by tomorrow which weekends I for sure can not have off next month...

Jerry

duly noted. we will have andother epic [3rd times a charm] Tshirt gathering. :D

anyone else have piccies?! please post the hysteria if possible.

besides i should have some semi rights because the images of my home, my person and my friends belongs to me.

oh and all your bases belongs to us too. :P

Happy Friday peeps.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Sunara Ishi

Wow.. my face in the guitar picture is just wow. -.-; I look like a shriveled old zombie. -.-; ~laughs~ Sorry, I probably meant to smile. (I failed hard.) Rock Band sucked the life out of me... Haha...

Looks like lots of fun was going on while I got sucked into Rock Band. -.-;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

j9isawesome

So. I know your days off are limited.
Ok so my days off are even more limited than I thought. The first and last weekend of April are both floorsets (meaning I have to work and crazy stupid hours too). The second weekend of april is easter (everyone is probably busy with their families anyway plus holiday weekends are almost impossible to get off work). May is out of the question (obviously my one weekend off will be eaten up by Fanime). So I say we should have this Tshirt gathering on the 18th or 19th of April. Yes? Please tell me there are not any fanime staff meetings or random trips to vegas happening that weekend...

Quote from: Jerry on March 13, 2009, 11:42:40 AM
And this time you have to actually make a shirt!

Lactose

wow there are some really terrible pictures of me in there.

good thing jerry chose those ones to put on facebook.

i mean..wait....
Lactose = Liz

Amelia Seyruun

Quote from: j9isawesome on March 14, 2009, 10:42:21 AM

Ok so my days off are even more limited than I thought. The first and last weekend of April are both floorsets (meaning I have to work and crazy stupid hours too). The second weekend of april is easter (everyone is probably busy with their families anyway plus holiday weekends are almost impossible to get off work). May is out of the question (obviously my one weekend off will be eaten up by Fanime). So I say we should have this Tshirt gathering on the 18th or 19th of April. Yes? Please tell me there are not any fanime staff meetings or random trips to vegas happening that weekend...

Quote from: Jerry on March 13, 2009, 11:42:40 AM
And this time you have to actually make a shirt!

That weekend (the 18th and 19th of April) is the Cherry Blossom Festival, though... :-\
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

Barnes

Quote from: j9isawesome on March 14, 2009, 10:42:21 AM

NOOOOOOOOOO!
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

j9isawesome

ok, so the 18th/19th is bad, yes? I talked the boss into giving me the 11th/12th off instead. Does that work better?

Barnes

Quote from: j9isawesome on March 15, 2009, 12:57:20 PM
ok, so the 18th/19th is bad, yes? I talked the boss into giving me the 11th/12th off instead. Does that work better?

For me, yes and THANK YOU!   :)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Amelia Seyruun

Quote from: j9isawesome on March 15, 2009, 12:57:20 PM

Count me out.  That's Sakura-Con weekend.  :-\