Having PS3 problems...

Started by questionette, December 27, 2008, 01:44:17 PM

questionette

Ok, so I got a ps3 like 5 months ago.  I haven't used it much until now (I got rock band xD ).  And it was working fine for two days, but then something weird happened.  I put in the disk for the game, and it didn't show up in the main menu! There was no error message, and the ps3 started up fine, but the game wasn't there!! So I put in some of my other games and blu ray movies - none of them worked! It's so weird...has anyone else had this problem? Am I missing something? Since there was no error message I may just be crazy.  Help!

TC X0 Lt 0X

This is the most common (if I remember correctly) problem with the PS3s. The only reason its not as well known as the 360s old RRoDs is because its not as common, and not many people own PS3s. I got a PS3 down stairs with the same problem.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

No clue. Google and 5 min should solve such a problem however.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

questionette

Everywhere I go online says you have to take it into sony D:

And sony is a money horder  :'(

TC X0 Lt 0X

Thats what I have seen as well. O well.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

japanese ps3 = screwed if that happens to me.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jerry

only thing i could think of is probably a System update.

Sony, just like Xbox 360 for all its new games CONSTANTLY have system or game updates.
That's my 2 cents.

Otherwise, double check the disk and make sure nothing else would be inside the system- i.e. Canned Air or what not.

Depending on which version of the system you have, and unless the Rock Band game is a ps2 game, there may be a compatibility issue.

Every once in a while, I have Cd's or DVD's that dont read the first time i put a disc into the Ps3 system. but so far my Blu-Rays and my Ps3 and most* of my ps2 games (minus KH 1.5) is working just fine.

its a darn shame that ALL ps3 systems from here on out are NOT ps2 compatible, what a crock :P

Supposedly a FEW random (usually NEW NEW GRAND opening Gamestop stores) MAY have the original 60Gig systems as referbished systems so you better find them NOW.

Sony has been secretly hunting them down AND DESTROYING any random systems they find on the market that are the original 60Gig completely ps2 compatible systems out there... :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

JTchinoy

japanese 60gb ps3 ftw. :P
blu ray, japanese ps2 games, global ps3 games.
good to go.  :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

questionette

i have a 60gb....
but yeah you're right haha
i know one of the guys that helped make the ps3
rj mical
and he's like, "i'd prefer just giving you a new ps3 instead of fixing this one"
i was wondering why....
D: SABOTAGE??

i'm happy either way because it's free...but still
i <3 ps2 games

LordKefka

Quote from: JTchinoy on January 03, 2009, 03:04:21 AM

That is ultimate win now that I think about it, lol.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

JTchinoy

Quote from: LordKefka on January 04, 2009, 10:03:15 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on January 03, 2009, 03:04:21 AM

That is ultimate win now that I think about it, lol.
I highly suggest buying one if you can.  It was unused, I bought it for the same price as a US ps3 (shipping made it the same price XD)
Saves you on modding your ps2 (extra expenses on top of your US ps3) and you get that mad cool Japanese authenticity.  LOL.
downside: my updates thing in the top right of my menu is only in japanese and i have it in english mode, so it says it can't display.  :(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

LordKefka

Yeah, it's easier and probably cheaper to do it that way rather than buying a jp PS2 or modding it. neither of which I have...-_-;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Knightfire

I had this problem, too. For me at least, I ended up getting an error code after multiple tries. It was an eight digit number that began with "800". I did some googling and asking around. I ultimately found out that the Blu Ray lens in the PS3 had died. It could not happen at a worst time, being it happened right before the last boss fight in MGS4. I called up Sony, being that my PS3 was a launch PS3 and it happen in July of 08, I was out of warranty. Costed me 165 dollars for a new one after tax, lame but better than having to buy a brand new PS3.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Jerry

I randomly just use this link:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=64006

and hope that theres a random zip code in California to hopefully find a 60 refurbished system before they completely go extinct.  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D