Watching anime RAW during a recession

Started by Aru Sakayama, December 30, 2008, 12:54:20 AM

In such times, what would be the most effective way to LEGALLY watch an anime RAW?

Buy a licensed anime, set it to Japanese, turn off the subtitles
Import the anime directly from Japan

Aru Sakayama

So far, the only way I can watch an anime raw right now is if I buy the anime from a store that sells it here (like Best Buy) and basically watch it in Japanese with no subtitles.

I omitted the choice of downloading raws off the internet because I want to keep the situation legal here (and my computer's graphics card goes kaput if I watch something in HD on this piece of crap...that, and I can't afford to buy a new computer, let alone import an anime from Japan).
Blaaah...I don't feel like doing anything....

Steve.Young

If you can watch youtube, there is a lot of them there. No downloading, just viewing.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

JTchinoy

everything you DL is in HD?
there's so many raws out there in .avi formet o.o

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Aru Sakayama

Quote from: Steve.Young on December 30, 2008, 01:05:15 AM
If you can watch youtube, there is a lot of them there. No downloading, just viewing.
That's one solution. This is how I managed to run into shows like Di Gi Charat and Arcade Gamer Fubuki (which, after watching it a few times, has the dumbest plot line ever, though it's nonetheless fun to watch anyways).

Quote from: JTchinoy on December 30, 2008, 01:24:34 AM
everything you DL is in HD?
there's so many raws out there in .avi formet o.o
I can't seem to find any raws that aren't 1280x720 (or some other blown-up resolution like 1440x1080). Basically, anything larger than 480p has my graphics card going kaput thanks to the massive amount of processing power it takes to run these colossal video sizes.

Considering my situation, I'll probably just watch raws online. Hopefully, they're downscaled enough so that my graphics card won't have to go through all of that strain. For the anime I want to watch on TV, I'll probably just resort to buying the DVDs here and watching them in Japanese with no subtitles...or get an HD box, download some HD raws, then watch 'em there.
Blaaah...I don't feel like doing anything....