I'm in need of fundraising suggestions....

Started by shy-cosplayer, December 30, 2008, 08:14:58 PM

shy-cosplayer

So, I've been unanimously elected to be treasurer in my Anime Club at school, and apparently, part of my job is to create fundraisers to, well, get the club to conventions and stuff. Problem is, the creative side of my brain is taking a snooze, so tell me. What can I do to raise money for our club?

XpHoBiaX

Car washes. lol I wouldn't do that at this moment. Too cold. lol

Perhaps a bake sale? Or a craft sale. Try to do things for the community, people are more open to support clubs if the club tries to help out the community in some sort of way. You have to give a little to gain a little.

I used to do that when I was club president back in the day.

There's a lot of cool patterns for crafts, and I am sure you'd do well with annual craft fundraisers. Book covers, book marks, help out with school events. The more active you are in your school events, the more recognized you will be, and you could probably get more help from the school itself.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

SOawesomeness

Bake sales are usually the way to go, though some schools don't allow it cos it "competes with the school cafeteria profits" or whatever... A lot of clubs on my campus resort to different methods like, say... Candy Sales. Get a few boxes of candy, put them in a huge ziplock bag and sell them for a dollar (though make sure that whatever fundraiser you do you get permission).

Hm~ I know a club at my school also sold SAT prep books and such for pretty cheap.

Eh~ Some... uhh... I always sucked.

Maybe since you're doing it for Anime Club you can sell like... used manga that your club members are willing to donate? Or... if a holiday/Hallmark holiday is coming up, sell like... Paper Crane mobiles or something or paper stars that say "I Love You" (for Valentines) in a jar (paper stars in a stripped Arizona glass bottle with a ribbon on the top) could sell?

:0
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

XpHoBiaX

Chiri Kcrinh:
Isn't there like a White Day and a Black Day in regards to Valentines' Day, in Japan? One is for couples, and the other is for singles. I am not sure, but that would rock in regards to the whole valentines thing, and promoting Shy-cosplayers' club.
shy-cosplayer:
You could make a bunch of things for those upcomming Holidays. Candy grams, Fortune cookie grams...etc etc.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

SOawesomeness

Eh, Japan and Korea both have that White and whatever other color day too... though I think it's the day of returning the favor or something. I don't know... =.=;; but I don't think High Schoolers would understand that concept very well. o.0

Ooh, candy grams... <3 those. :D

EDIT: Or you can do a Pocky sale, I know some schools wanted to do that in the area.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook