Fanime Housing Web Portal is up!

Started by Steve.Young, December 31, 2008, 10:51:47 AM

Tsu

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on January 02, 2009, 10:33:52 PM
I wanted to stay at the Hilton so bad this year, but Thursday doesn't seem to be available as a check in day. Did everyone grab it up already? I booked the Marriott so I could have a room connected, but I really had my heart set on the Hilton.

Seconding this question.  If it's not going to be available, I can go to the Mariott, but it'd be nice to know soon...
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

KyraEnsui

Quote from: foester on January 05, 2009, 03:18:17 AM
Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on January 02, 2009, 10:33:52 PM
I wanted to stay at the Hilton so bad this year, but Thursday doesn't seem to be available as a check in day. Did everyone grab it up already? I booked the Marriott so I could have a room connected, but I really had my heart set on the Hilton.

Seconding this question.  If it's not going to be available, I can go to the Mariott, but it'd be nice to know soon...

I booked Thursday to Monday at the Hilton when they had its launch date. So I do believe it is already gone by then, but you can always email Fanime Housing about it.

Yukari Kaiba

got myself all set up at the Hilton Friday-Monday =D
now just to work on costumes and I'm good to go XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Dragon Ninja

I got myself booked up at the Hilton, from Thursday to Tuesday. I wanted to stay at the Marriott like I did last year, but Thursday doesn't seem to be available as a check-in day, nor does Tuesday seem to be available as a check-out day. What's the Hilton like?

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Kyra_Maverick

It seems more dates were added, cause I was just able to reserve the Hilton for Thursday to Monday. Thanks, I'll be canceling my reservation for the Marriott now.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on January 05, 2009, 07:51:40 PM
I got myself booked up at the Hilton, from Thursday to Tuesday. I wanted to stay at the Marriott like I did last year, but Thursday doesn't seem to be available as a check-in day, nor does Tuesday seem to be available as a check-out day. What's the Hilton like?

A bit spacious with a mini fridge and there's not a long wait for the elevator too. I've been staying at the Hilton since 2004 for Fanime.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: KyraEnsui on January 06, 2009, 09:41:38 AM

A bit spacious with a mini fridge and there's not a long wait for the elevator too. I've been staying at the Hilton since 2004 for Fanime.

second'd. I've stayed at the marriott twice and the hilton just this last year. The main flaw at the Hilton is that their TV's (as of last year) had no AV connections for gaming systems or hooking up laptops to the TV. However, it is rumored that the Hilton will be undergoing renovations and that new flat panel TV's are a part of the new rooms. If this is true, I would highly favor the Hilton.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Kyra_Maverick

Important question: Are the stairs at the Hilton fire escape only? The ones at the Crowne Plaza are fire escape only, and it was a real hassle since I'm not good with elevators.  My first year at Fanime I stayed at the Marriott and took the stairs the whole time (all the way up to the 24th floor) cause I get so dizzy in the elevators.

ewu

mostly. you will end up on exit only doors for many of the floors.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on January 06, 2009, 06:19:38 PM
Important question: Are the stairs at the Hilton fire escape only? The ones at the Crowne Plaza are fire escape only, and it was a real hassle since I'm not good with elevators.  My first year at Fanime I stayed at the Marriott and took the stairs the whole time (all the way up to the 24th floor) cause I get so dizzy in the elevators.

I've used the stairs when I didn't want to wait for the elevator and my room was on the 4th floor so it was good. Plus, I've seen others used it too.

FanFicGuru

Hilton stairs are free to use to access the other floors, from my experience. I don't know about the marriott because I almost exclusively rode the elevator.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Trumby

Reserved a room at the Marriot just in case I am able to make it!
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

Kyra_Maverick

Thats good about the stairs, I'd hate having to be stuck with the elevator all weekend.

Mordyan

I just booked at the Marriott and Thursday wasn't available on the website. However a quick email to housing and the adjusted my reservation to now include Thursday. So it definitely doesn't hurt to ask!!!

Raymei

Aaaah, we wanted to try the Saint Claire but missed our dates  :/
Next year I want to maybe try and go for the Hilton (I heard they were renovating this year so...not so sad I didn't get that).  Would have been cool to try the Marriot too, but, not necessary this year. 

Oh well. We tried Fairmonte last year, we'll try Crowne this year.  Most of the complaints I heard from this place was thin walls and loud air/toilets. @.@  lets hope I sleep hard.

HILTONSTAFF

Quote from: FanFicGuru on January 06, 2009, 11:07:12 AM

second'd. I've stayed at the marriott twice and the hilton just this last year. The main flaw at the Hilton is that their TV's (as of last year) had no AV connections for gaming systems or hooking up laptops to the TV. However, it is rumored that the Hilton will be undergoing renovations and that new flat panel TV's are a part of the new rooms. If this is true, I would highly favor the Hilton.

Yes, our new rooms have Flat LCD TV's and with AV connections...
Travel should take you places

HILTONSTAFF

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on January 06, 2009, 06:19:38 PM

Our stairs are not fire escape only... guests can use the stairways as an option.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on January 10, 2009, 07:27:59 PM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on January 06, 2009, 11:07:12 AM

Yes, our new rooms have Flat LCD TV's and with AV connections...

Excellent! Then I will be looking forward to my stay even more. ^_^

How large are your new TV's?
Swap meet staff - 2014

HILTONSTAFF

Quote from: FanFicGuru on January 11, 2009, 11:13:37 AM

We have 32inch LCD's for the standard rooms and 37inch LCD's for the towers / executive level rooms and suites...

LordKefka

Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on January 11, 2009, 08:33:27 PM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on January 11, 2009, 11:13:37 AM

We have 32inch LCD's for the standard rooms and 37inch LCD's for the towers / executive level rooms and suites...

Sounds good. Nice upgrades.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor