Dress Center Dress!

Started by deonchan, December 31, 2008, 05:30:49 PM

Hakaru_chan

lol i always thought it was the ipod one that gets talked about...

anyways... i know this post is late but yea.. i was in sf the weekend of the parade and yea it sounded great! i could hear the drums from blocks away. sorrie me and my bro couldn't be a part of it. we are definitely interested in doing it if theres a another possibility or chance! anyways great performance!  :)
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

deonchan

Speaking of Jesse Bethel.. this was one helluva review about their winter perc show

http://tinyurl.com/co65gr

QuoteI got to see Bethel for the first time this season today at Vallejo HS.............and they BLEW ME AWAY. What a great show. The showmanship/GE is off the charts and they were pretty dang clean for this point in the season. And they are building quite a big fan base...that (albeit tiny) gym was packed to the rafters and you could FEEL the anticipation during set-up. Once they were done...mobs of people left. I'm not going to go as far as saying this is their championship to lose, but I will say that its going to take an AMAZING show by someone else to beat them.

By the way, when I saw the hats and the "kid theme" I thought it was just going to be an RCC rip-off but no...they are doing their own thing and it flows from start to finish.

wow.

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

WaffoCellist

....I must have some free time if I am able to reply to this post during winter percussion season.....

Here goes...

Arroyo High School (came in during 8th grade...didn't have middle schools back then...I had to learn how to mature really quick in front of the intimidating Seniors...)

-Orchestra from 93'-97'
-Marching Band 2 years (joined my Junior year when the percussionist from marching band accidentally broke my cello the year before. I vowed to look after the cellos by joining the band...but I fell in love with percussion since then)
-Concert Band & Jazz Band 96'-97'

Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets 98' & 99' (PIT)

San Jose State Marching Band 97'-....I don't remember...about 6 years or so...I didn't major in percussion...cello was my thing...but now I want to go back and get my BA/BM in percussion.

What I do now...
-Subbing as I am an unemployed music teacher due to state budget cuts, but looking around for a full time teaching gig now....
...To pass the time I have been helping out my husband teaching marching band and winter percussion this year....I told myself that last year would be the last time, but here I am again 11 years later.

...winter percussion is taking over my life till the day after NCBA Championships in Stockton.  Catch the show if you can at Granada HS, Foothill HS and/or Championships...Arroyo is doing a Winter Frolic...Classical music portraying fun in the snow...the uniforms were a nice idea in December...I hope it stays cold till Championships ;D
It's a convict...it's a felon...NO! It's a Fanime Logistics Staffer coming your way!!!!

Hakaru_chan

Quote from: deonchan on March 18, 2009, 03:29:09 PM
Speaking of Jesse Bethel.. this was one helluva review about their winter perc show

QuoteI got to see Bethel for the first time this season today at Vallejo HS.............and they BLEW ME AWAY. What a great show. The showmanship/GE is off the charts and they were pretty dang clean for this point in the season. And they are building quite a big fan base...that (albeit tiny) gym was packed to the rafters and you could FEEL the anticipation during set-up. Once they were done...mobs of people left. I'm not going to go as far as saying this is their championship to lose, but I will say that its going to take an AMAZING show by someone else to beat them.

By the way, when I saw the hats and the "kid theme" I thought it was just going to be an RCC rip-off but no...they are doing their own thing and it flows from start to finish.

wow.

wow... im happy that bethels getting fanboys and fangirls on them (not in that sense but yea) i should post up those videos sometime tomorrow. hmm ... (creative cap on)  ;D
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

deonchan

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on March 19, 2009, 01:57:52 PM

wow.

wow... im happy that bethels getting fanboys and fangirls on them (not in that sense but yea) i should post up those videos sometime tomorrow. hmm ... (creative cap on)  ;D

If they are of this year's show keep em private till after champs. We don't want any unpotential momentum killers
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Hakaru_chan

Quote from: deonchan on March 19, 2009, 02:06:41 PM
Quote from: Hakaru_chan on March 19, 2009, 01:57:52 PM

wow.

If they are of this year's show keep em private till after champs. We don't want any unpotential momentum killers

yea i know. im not posting anything on the show. i dont gots the full show on me. just posting the awards and the denny's bash  ;D
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

deonchan

Heh. Those were good times  ;D
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

deonchan

CCGC Champs @ Independence HS (San Jose) this Saturday! Woot!
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div