Quick question about hotels.

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, January 02, 2009, 06:54:43 PM

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Moonblossom on January 07, 2009, 08:44:07 AM
Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on January 06, 2009, 10:22:36 PM
Oh joy. Today just gets better and better...the bank of mom and dad are saying "we can wait on reserving a hotel room"

And here I am thinking, by the time they get around to it. I'll wind up stuck in a hotel that's got daily and hourly rates clear across town.

Play the "saving money" card. "If we book now, we're guaranteed a great price, we don't have to pay anything yet, and we can always cancel later if need be. If we wait, odds are the prices will go up."

It's all totally true.

Yeah, tell them that it doesn't cost them a dime to hold a room for you. All you need is the card number, and if for whatever reason you end up not going, they have up to the 18th of May to cancel free of charge.

Explain that they really shouldn't wait too long, as rooms are seeming to fill up at record rates. 
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Rodney_Pheonix

I hope this works, the main reason I haven't been able to get a room reserved is that I start spring semester on Monday, so next week means I have a couple hundred in books. Hence why they're edgey on the room because of the money.

[Edit:

Room has been reserved. Wish I'd had done all my research properly beforehand. Unless I accidentally release demon from the realm of elemental chocolate, or some other rot like that, which would reult in myself screwing up spring semester classes, I'll see you all in may.]
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

G.I.R

So, on Monday I was in San Jose  (on my way to MacWorld Expo)  and stopped at Peggy Sue's  for lunch.  Did I actually see a new hotel going up at the convention center (next to the Marriott)?