Fullmetal Alchemist

Started by Kyo Sanzaki, October 08, 2003, 03:20:51 PM

Kyo Sanzaki

Anyone check this out yet? Just finished with the first episode. Pretty good stuff.

http://www.aniplex.co.jp/hagaren
You're either dead, dying, or about to die.

KyraEnsui

:D  I really like the anime! ^^ I was surprise that the main character's seiyuu is the same person who voiced Tao Ren from Shaman King. Yay~ Different but good~~~

platinum edge

Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to say whether an anime will be good or not based upon just one episode.  I mean, my personal experience is to watch at least 8 eps before deciding whether or not an anime is good.

Take E's otherwise for example.  The first three eps were amazing, however, from that point forward, things kinda slow down a lot.  The same can be said for DNAngel (no offense to the E's Otherwise/DNAngel fans).  The first episode was really well done, but afterwards, it plays upon many themes that other animes have done to death.  These two animes had potential to be good, however, they failed to keep my expectations.  Feels kinda like false advertisement...

...then again, maybe I expected a little too much...
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

KyraEnsui

Hehe...that's okay. E's Otherwise took me at least 4 episodes to see if I like it or not. I happened to like it abit but I don't know.... DN Angel just took me 1 episode since I sort of read the manga (mainly scanlation) and hoping that it was good. Hehe...watch all 26 episode and it was sweet. As for FullMetal Alchemist, I was anticipating to come out since I did some researching about the anime. ^^ Like AnimNFo that has its own section of when any new animes that are coming out. Hehe.... I do believe you when sometime 1 episode is not enough to be convince. Heck... It took me at least 3 episodes of GetBackers and Saint Beast to like them. ^^V
So yeah... I respect your opinion.

antibishie

Well, I've read enough of the manga to decide that I was liking it... and the anime fits the manga pretty well from what I can see, so I assume that I'd like the rest beyond the first episode.

Besides, Al's voice echoing around in the suit makes me giggle hysterically.  ^_^

I do have to wonder how it is that he lost his left arm and leg... but it's his right arm and left leg that are metal later....  Perhaps I just wasn't paying enough attention to the beginning....  *shrugs*
-----
Jeremy Forbes
"You have much YAOI-esque-ness here...!"
http://antibishie.milkrock.net

KyraEnsui

0_0 Oh.. I haven't notice it yet. I should watch the 1st episode again before watching the 2nd one. ^^;;;

Mangamazoku

So far it's proved to be a good anime. We've been downloading and showing episodes in our anime club as they come out, and it's proved good for both long time otaku's and newbies alike, a nice middleground. I think it's funny too, the opening just a bit too long for my taste however. ^_~
The MangaMazoku=^._.^=