How much $ should I take?

Started by waffle-lover26, January 04, 2009, 01:21:28 PM

waffle-lover26

OK, so this year will be my first time going to fanime, and I have a basic list of what I want to get, but I don't know how much money I should bring. Can somebody tell me how much each of the following items would cost?
-a few plushies from Bleach and Death Note
-a wall scroll
-random cosplay stuff
-some kind of bag
-few little trinkets.
Thank you!
I used to keep an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.
If you don't like my driving, than get off the sidewalk.

*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

shinjiboy

Granted that someone figures out how much each item will exactly cost, there are many other factors that will go into how much you spend.  Namely, the one that provides you with energy, food.  And of course, there are a lot of opinions.  Therefore, I give you this:

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10753.0.html (Sample budget 3.0)

Enjoy!

Nyxyin

These are just my general ballpark figures for reasonably standard goods.  I'm sure people would disagree with what counts as each of the categories and what doesn't.  If you're after something rare or special, they'll cost more.  But here's an attempt.

Quote from: waffle-lover26 on January 04, 2009, 01:21:28 PM
-a few plushies from Bleach and Death Note
$10 - $30 each, depending on size. (Maybe try winning some at the arcade?)

Quote-a wall scroll
$15 - $25.

Quote-some kind of bag
Like a messenger bag?  $15 - $40.

Quote-few little trinkets.
$2 - $8 each?  Depends on what kind of trinkets.

I don't shop for cosplay goods, so I don't know about that one.

waffle-lover26

RadioactiveKitty

actually uhm hahahaha talking from experience, you should honestly take as much as you can without breaking bank. i mean things can be either REALLY expensive or rather cheap... OR just reasonable. it depends on a few things...sometimes, you can only find things at one booth :/ but it also depends, is it worth what is being asked??? i mean yeah if your getting an Anime or manga series you PROLLY wont see again that you want. DEFIANTLY. so yeah i would bring what you can without breaking your bank. i mean they have some PRETTY NEAT stuff in there. 

Knightfire

My rule of thumb:

• Make a list of items of things that you plan to buy. Going from things that you must have, things you'll will get once you got your must haves, tthen ending with things you can buy if you have enough money afterwards.
  • Take the items oyu have in your must have list, secure their prices and add them together
  • Take the previous sum and multiply it by 2

That's how much money you should bring to the convention. Here's an example of my list of what I have laid out to/ plan to buy:

--Top Tier--
MasterPiece Grimlock (~$140)
masterPiece Megatron (~$120)
masterPiece Starscream (~$100)
1/6 yoko (real face version) (~$150)

--Mid Tier--
PG Astray Red Frame
1/100 gundam 00 Set of Models
BAUU 09
Gundam 00 BDs (if available)
Gurren Lagann Soundtrack

--Low Tier--
Additional Model Kits
Additional DVDs/ BDs
Modeling Supplies

I use a multiplier of 2 because it's a nice even number. It also allows you to buy the things you want most, but also allows you to buys things that you saw at the con that you were not expecting to find, especially at the swap meet.

Hope this helps.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

kollunz

I think you should bring over nine thousand just to be safe.
doot

ewu

I'll have $30,000 on me....yay credit limit:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Knightfire

I wonder how fast I could spend 30 grand at Fanime? Granted I heard stories of some dudes blowing 4 g's in a span of 1 day.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

ewu

you get the right stuff its easy, but beyond 8 grand I think you start having issues buying things....then its less "I want" and more...."i NEED to spend"...if only I had that problem more often...
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

RadioactiveKitty

3 GRAND! :o oh wow i would have no room to put things i buy away >.< although i would like to have an unlimited spending limit XD...
im only bringin like 250$ possibly 300 for safety reasons most of which will NOT be on me at the time.

waffle-lover26

Who the hell spends 30 grand at an anime convention?

BlueCharisma

Bring how much you are willing to spend, but the more the better. You never know what you might find or happen at fanime. Just bring a good amount in cash and leave the rest in your atm/check. Some dealers take credit/check cards, some may charge a fee or have a minimum (maybe both). Find out the dealer's policy and if are fine with it, I would recommend using your card where you can, not just at the dealer room but also everywhere else.

For me, i'm bringing about $300 in cash as I only have 1 item on my rare/must have list. The rest i'm leaving in my check card. If I somehow run out of cash because of my spur of the moment purchases, i'll just find an atm and get more money.

Quote from: waffle-lover26 on March 29, 2009, 12:50:23 AM
Who the hell spends 30 grand at an anime convention?
AIG

Moonblossom

Quote from: ewu on March 17, 2009, 07:45:54 PM
I'll have $30,000 on me....yay credit limit:)

You're buying us all presents with that, right?

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

konataFTW

Ahahaha XD

but I'll prolly bring 500$ or smt... I'm goin all out cuz I didn't get that much at ALA and my cons at florida

especially... YAOI DOUJINSHIS oh yeah XD
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Roguethe

If you're not needing money for stay at a hotel, I'd say 300-500 will do you well at a convention.
The ammount I'll have all depends on how much I make at work, and If I'm able to get into the thursday swap meet to sell stuff.
:)
I stayed at the fairmont last year in the deluxe sea cliff suite.
I'm sure you can see how doing that, while also splurging at the con runs you up into the thousands.
D:

I draw sometimessss

MikoChika

300 is probably the least amount you'd want to bring with you without feeling too restricted. i myself will probably be bringing 800. though more then likely won't be spending anymore then half that. i like to bring more then what i need incase of emergencies, like car breaking down ( is comeing from arizona), gas prices go up, wish to have pizza for more then one night, things like that.
Please, don't feed the moogle.