How much $ should I take?

Started by waffle-lover26, January 04, 2009, 01:21:28 PM

BumbleB

Your shopping list is the exact same as mine  :o

Exept my grandma just got me Bleach and Death Note posters. (there so AWESOME)
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

Hikaru Kazushime

Quote from: BumbleB on April 17, 2009, 10:08:51 PM
Your shopping list is the exact same as mine  :o

Exept my grandma just got me Bleach and Death Note posters. (there so AWESOME)
Wow! Awesome Grandma! :D  My Grandma used to support my hobbies when she was alive. She is truly missed...;0; 

When it comes to money and the whole Fanime event, I guess it depends on where you're staying, and how long you plan to go to the con. If you're staying at a hotel, then you need to calculate your hotel costs and make sure you've got that down first, along with the cost of entering the convention as well. After that it's up to you, but you've got to consider food and transportation (depending on where you're staying and how far from the car it is.)

As for myself, I've been trying to save money like crazy. I didn't get a very good start because I didn't know I'd be able to go until February, and what's even more sad, is that my savings have went down because I had to buy a new phone, and had a few friend's B-days I needed to do something for...and some other essentials... But as of now, I'm saving everything. Also, right now I've got some stuff on Craigslist I'm trying to sell to make some extra money too. It's a good idea if you've got something you don't really feel you need laying around. (not like there's many things laying around I don't want lol, but I've found a few things.)
So far I've managed to collect a little over $500.00, which is a decent amount for the con, and my awesome friend is a restaurant owner and basically has already provided rooms for myself and friends. (I owe him a little though) XD
Seriously, when it comes to food....that's when OtakuCost comes it. (pun on the economical term where one sacrifices one thing for another...) That's right, I'm going with bags loaded with Maruchan ramen! I could eat the whole weekend for $1!!! Wahahaha! XD

All in all, if you've got Hotel/Shelter and food/transportation down, then it all reallllly depends after that, just how much stuff you want to buy. I set a very ambitious goal of 1k, which I almost got there, and I doubt I'll see that now, but I'm gonna rock that dealers hall best I can! *is a wheeler and a dealer, and a professional garage saler* lmao XD  It's gotta be that description though, the one on the Fanime website about the dealer's hall...gives me chills! XD But now I'm rambling, I'm sorry.
Roughly guessing though, after necessities have been taken care of, I'd say you should at least, at LEAST bring $100.00  or $200.00, just to be happy and have a good time. Because seriously, before you know it, things can be expensive. Just think, if you bought around 10 manga, it would already be over 100.00 bucks (about).  However, I'm sure there are deals like crazy.
Btw, Toys Logic is coming, and if they like you, and you shop at their store and buy enough, they are usually known to throw in a few freebies. Toys Logic is prettymuch 90% figures though. My friend bought over like $500 at once at their booth, and they threw in like 4 or 5 free figures. (not the $100 figures, but some really decent ones.) Plus their great people and I've always got the best deals from them, at least when I go to SacAnime.

Anyways, sorry for such a long post! lol, I hope this may help someone....

neonra1nbow

Quote from: MikoChika on April 17, 2009, 09:38:43 PM
300 is probably the least amount you'd want to bring with you without feeling too restricted. i myself will probably be bringing 800. though more then likely won't be spending anymore then half that. i like to bring more then what i need incase of emergencies, like car breaking down ( is comeing from arizona), gas prices go up, wish to have pizza for more then one night, things like that.
WHO HAS THIS MUCH MONEY TO BRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<333
I OONLY HAVE 200!!!!

neonra1nbow

300 is probably the least amount you'd want to bring with you without feeling too restricted. i myself will probably be bringing 800. though more then likely won't be spending anymore then half that. i like to bring more then what i need incase of emergencies, like car breaking down ( is comeing from arizona), gas prices go up, wish to have pizza for more then one night, things like that.
jk jkXD nbut seriuosly though???

JTchinoy

I'm probably going there with 150-200.
That's assuming i don't spend another dime for the next 7 days outside of things like pencils and scantrons for my finals.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mister_E

Last year I brought $300.00 and I got all that I wanted and still had cash left for the summer.

This year is $400.00 I have my eye on a few things this year.

A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

MikoChika

Quote from: neonra1nbow on May 14, 2009, 04:59:54 PM
WHO HAS THIS MUCH MONEY TO BRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<333
I OONLY HAVE 200!!!!
hmm..how about people with jobs, knows how to save money, and doesn't live in their parent's basement? j/k
just save more money for next time silly. :p
seven bucks a week is a good start to saveing. I'm sure a good amount of people on here at least get monthly, or even weekly, spending money from their parents.
Please, don't feed the moogle.