Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

LaughLikeMad

A friend and I are coordinating outfits and I'd like to know it this dress would be acceptable. Mine will be black and hers white.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290244040022&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Nina Star 9

Quote from: LaughLikeMad on January 30, 2010, 06:41:07 PM
A friend and I are coordinating outfits and I'd like to know it this dress would be acceptable. Mine will be black and hers white.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290244040022&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I personally wouldn't order that dress. It looks pretty poor quality as it is, and then iffy Ebay "lolita" sellers usually give you something that looks even worse than the picture. If you want to PM me (since I don't want to drag this too far off topic), I'll point you in the direction of some places where you can get real lolita clothes that are a great value (quality-wise) for the money (relatively cheap).

Angelx624

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on January 30, 2010, 10:24:06 PM

I personally wouldn't order that dress. It looks pretty poor quality as it is, and then iffy Ebay "lolita" sellers usually give you something that looks even worse than the picture. If you want to PM me (since I don't want to drag this too far off topic), I'll point you in the direction of some places where you can get real lolita clothes that are a great value (quality-wise) for the money (relatively cheap).
I've never gotten GL from Ebay, so I'd probly agree. D: You never know what you'll get from Ebay. >_<;;

Anyways, Bodyline has great GL stuff. :3 I love their store. ^^ Can't wait to buy from them again.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Nina Star 9

Bodyline is seriously hit or miss. I love them for accessories (in fact, I'm wearing one of their scarves right now XD), and I own a JSK from them that I love, and of course shoes (since they are pretty good quality and -much- less than brand), but some of their stuff is terrible.

Anyway, let's keep this on topic, and the topic is not where to get good lolita clothes on the cheap. :D

Angelx624

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on January 31, 2010, 07:51:11 PM
Bodyline is seriously hit or miss. I love them for accessories (in fact, I'm wearing one of their scarves right now XD), and I own a JSK from them that I love, and of course shoes (since they are pretty good quality and -much- less than brand), but some of their stuff is terrible.

Anyway, let's keep this on topic, and the topic is not where to get good lolita clothes on the cheap. :D
Ah, well so far I've gotten good stuff from them. =D Only bought two outfits from them, but they're good. ^^

Ya, back on topic! :D What is everyone else wearing? ^_^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

LaughLikeMad

I was on topic, I simply want to know if this style of dress would be acceptable for a formal event, not if the store is credible or not.

tkdteo

LaughLikeMad,

Looking over the costume choice, the outfit that you linked looks fine for the Black and White Ball.  I hope to see you at Fanime.

- Jim
BWBall Head 2010
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

LaughLikeMad

tkdteo

Cookiemonster,

As long as the dress part is not higher than 2-3 inches above the knees it should be fine.  If it is, even if you wear leggings, it still would not be acceptable.  I hope this helps.

- Jim
BWBall Head 2010

Quote from: cookiemonster:) on February 01, 2010, 01:55:33 PM
would this dress be ok? and if its too short could i wear leggings with it?
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3059706/0~2378467~2378483~2377032~6008190?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6008190&P=1
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

Angelx624

Quote from: LaughLikeMad on February 01, 2010, 08:49:22 AM
I was on topic, I simply want to know if this style of dress would be acceptable for a formal event, not if the store is credible or not.

Well it is cute. :3 Good luck with the dress! ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Ai_Kaneco

i have bought dresses from same seller great quality!! i think the dress will look awesome!!! great choice!
watashi wa honshino no matataki <3

LaughLikeMad

Quote from: Ai_Kaneco on February 02, 2010, 10:12:58 PM

i have bought dresses from same seller great quality!! i think the dress will look awesome!!! great choice!

My friend who's planning our outfits already has a few outfits from this seller, so I trust their quality ^^

chanocular

I'll probably be attending this Ball in my Death The kid cosplay, but there is something I'm curious about.

Would I be allowed to come in with my MMPR Black ranger costume?

Charis

Got a question on shoes: I know the dos and don'ts thread specifically calls out tennis shoes as prohibited, but my sister is planning on attending the Ball if she can, and because of medical issues, needs to wear tennis shoes or the like.  I assume half of the restriction is in terms of visual, in addition to the safety concerns mentioned in the other thread -- though as to the second, she learned to dance (swing) in tennis shoes and is used to them.

Is there any way one can deal with such sort of exceptions based on medical necessity?  I'm not sure precisely who would be the appropriate people to discuss this with.  Thanks!
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

AoDai

Charis - thanks for asking. Yes, your sister can wear tennis shoes if it is for medical purposes. Please check in with Jim, the head of BW Ball, or myself, Tram, before the event begins.

Chanocular - The PowerRanger cosplay is not appropriate for the BW Ball because it's not up to the formal dresscode. If you have any further questions about the dresscode, please post it here or email [email protected]. Thank you.

Tram
BW Ball 2010- 2nd

NekoMiki

Tennis shoes will most likely grip the floor.  While your sister might be used to them, turns might be difficult, especially when she already has medical issues (physical, I am assuming?)

Unless she NEEDS the grippage of the shoes to stay on her feet and not fall down, please try this trick my teacher uses all the time - put some duct tape on the widest part of the shoes.  This will provide some slipperage and at least make turning easier.

ININ

I plan to wear my Allen Walker version 1 from D. Gray Man cosplay.  Is that OK?

tkdteo

Inin,

If you could post a pic or send a pic to [email protected] I could give you a definite answer on your cosplay. 

- Jim
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor