Black and White Ball Attire Questions - Post them here

Started by tkdteo, January 06, 2009, 10:51:48 AM

MyMidnightAffair

Quote from: michiko nakano on June 05, 2010, 08:16:17 PM
how did the girls with the miniskirts get in?  more importantly, why were they allowed to stay like that?  we're talkin two inches below the crotch.  with jean shorts.

Hm.. did they have the jean shorts under their mini skirts??
It's a possibility that  they either snuck in, or that their appearance was appropriate??
This confuses me..

tkdteo

Quote from: MyMidnightAffair on June 06, 2010, 12:39:16 PM
Quote from: michiko nakano on June 05, 2010, 08:16:17 PM
how did the girls with the miniskirts get in?  more importantly, why were they allowed to stay like that?  we're talkin two inches below the crotch.  with jean shorts.

Hm.. did they have the jean shorts under their mini skirts??
It's a possibility that  they either snuck in, or that their appearance was appropriate??
This confuses me..

I am not sure how they were able to get in but the issue will be addressed for next year.

- Jim
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

michiko nakano

now that i think about it, they were probably those dresses with the tighter part at the bottom so that they could just slide them up their legs once they got in and therefore shorten their skirts.

MyMidnightAffair

Ugh.. I dislike those who go against the rules of dress code.
It's just unfair for the rest of us
(..If only they were caught.)
Why wear short skirts when you're going to a formal dance anyway?
It's not like the more skin you show, the more attention you'll attract. (However, this opinion can be taken in different directions.)

michiko nakano

I believe that the three girls i saw breaking the dress code are all in one of the vids someone posted.  i'll go find it...

edit: here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgwBUo3uDN8

MyMidnightAffair

Hm.. I'm already 1 Minute & 35 Seconds in the video, & I still don't see any short-skirt girlies..
Wait.. was it that girl with the big poofy black skirt @ 2:46?

michiko nakano

black and silver dress in the middle of the screen at 1:30 and pink dress at 3:23

Jerry

The only thing I could think of is that Rovers did have several rotations of different staff members of the front doors.

We had our dress up nazi [seriously she turned away lots of people] and there was myself [Formal Russel with black and white ballons]

We did hear about several complaints mostly about girls who walked in with nice dressy shoes and then swapping to flip flops or something else.

unfortunately even the Rovers on the inside of the actual Ballroom [myself included] kept getting stopped to be asked for a dance every now and then.  :P

We apologize if you ladies felt 'cheated' if other girls/boys go thru passed the dress code standards, but we do our best to keep things fair.

Next time, you may approach a rover/B&W ball dance instructors staff and report any individuals that may be breaking dress code.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

michiko nakano

Thaaank you Jerry  :)

...next year you should dance with me. 

Jerry

Quote from: michiko nakano on June 09, 2010, 02:37:39 PM
Thaaank you Jerry  :)

...next year you should dance with me. 

Consider it done my Miss Michi!   :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

MyMidnightAffair

Quote from: michiko nakano on June 09, 2010, 02:32:48 PM
black and silver dress in the middle of the screen at 1:30 and pink dress at 3:23

Ooh, I see them now.
Thanks so much Jerry!  =D
I can't wait to attend 2011's B&WB!

michiko nakano

Quote from: MyMidnightAffair on June 26, 2010, 08:31:30 AM

Ooh, I see them now.
you're welcome?

MyMidnightAffair

Quote from: michiko nakano on June 26, 2010, 10:30:01 PM
Quote from: MyMidnightAffair on June 26, 2010, 08:31:30 AM

Ooh, I see them now.
you're welcome?

My apologizes, I seem to have made a mistake with whom I was addressing 'what' to.
I meant to thank Jerry for his advice, and to tell you, Michiko, that I now see the dress-code violators you've pointed out.
( & to add, you've got a sharp eye!)

Dilemma

Heyy.
Would this dress be appropriate so long as it were made to be the right length above the knee? (Asking waaaay in advance. lool)

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm224/Tutuwhosthatgirl/largeAnimePaperscans_Princess-Tu-4.jpg

Thank you ^^

tkdteo

Quote from: Dilemma on June 29, 2010, 03:20:08 PM
Heyy.
Would this dress be appropriate so long as it were made to be the right length above the knee? (Asking waaaay in advance. lool)

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm224/Tutuwhosthatgirl/largeAnimePaperscans_Princess-Tu-4.jpg

Thank you ^^

As of right now, I would say yes.  The dress would be fine.  However, there will be some changes made when my staff and I meet again in winter so I will keep you posted.  But as of right now, I would say that if the dress were the right length it would be fine.  :)

- Jim
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

Dilemma

Quote from: tkdteo on June 29, 2010, 05:30:38 PM
As of right now, I would say yes.  The dress would be fine.  However, there will be some changes made when my staff and I meet again in winter so I will keep you posted.  But as of right now, I would say that if the dress were the right length it would be fine.  :)

- Jim

Okay. Thank you  =)

Nina Star 9

I'm in a pink dress at about 3:22, so I got scared that you were referring to me, since I'm sure that my outfit was appropriate (if slightly ill-fitted)!

...Than I saw who you were talking about, haha.

I hope that the dress code issue gets sorted out for next year!

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: Jerry on June 09, 2010, 02:36:12 PM
The only thing I could think of is that Rovers did have several rotations of different staff members of the front doors.

We had our dress up nazi [seriously she turned away lots of people] and there was myself [Formal Russel with black and white ballons]

We did hear about several complaints mostly about girls who walked in with nice dressy shoes and then swapping to flip flops or something else.

unfortunately even the Rovers on the inside of the actual Ballroom [myself included] kept getting stopped to be asked for a dance every now and then.  :P

We apologize if you ladies felt 'cheated' if other girls/boys go thru passed the dress code standards, but we do our best to keep things fair.

Next time, you may approach a rover/B&W ball dance instructors staff and report any individuals that may be breaking dress code.
I mostly do dress code check at the before the ball starts along with the rovers.  I'll keep myself aware of people breaking the dress code and just inform me.  Dress pretty people.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Neliel

just a quick question for 2011 :) would this be appropriate? (and i have a safety system ill be using for my normal ranmao cosplay that will be used here too :) )

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/427305
Fanime 2010 here i come! xD
cosplay list:
Neliel 35%
sasuke female anbu 95%
ciel pink ballgown 100%
NOCTIS BABY 0%