02/07/09 SF Chinese New Year Parade

Started by deonchan, January 09, 2009, 12:18:42 PM

deonchan

As a marching member I can extend this official invitation.

All are welcome! No corps experience necessary! Come have a blast in the parade! (And party hard afterwards!)

more info at

http://www.renegades.org
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Jerry

Do you have to be asian? :D

and I wonder if you even know what year _insert random animal here_ it is gonna be next year.

Woot for asians, their food, fireworks, and yes, Dysnasty Warriors DOES teach you about Asian History.

Mmm... Chinese takeout. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

I'm hungry...for chinese food now...thanks.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Kazuko

:U I will be living in SF anyway its just a muni ride away so count on it!

hahaa im like 2% chinese :U on my dads side

deonchan

Quote from: Jerry on January 09, 2009, 12:22:32 PM
Do you have to be asian? :D

and I wonder if you even know what year _insert random animal here_ it is gonna be next year.

Woot for asians, their food, fireworks, and yes, Dysnasty Warriors DOES teach you about Asian History.

Mmm... Chinese takeout. :P

Who:
Any drum corps member past or present who has marched at least one season (anywhere) and desires to march with the best drum corps in California for this once in a lifetime opportunity - center stage in downtown San Francisco on one of the most exciting nights of the year!

What:
The Renegades will perform the Earth, Wind and Fire's legendary In the Stone. In addition, the Renegades percussion section will be featured with the 2009 parade cadence. Musical parts are posted now, with a video of the flag work coming in the next few days. Everyone is encouraged to practice and memorize before the day of the parade.

Where:
The parade begins in downtown San Francisco, heads through Union Square and finishes in the historic Chinatown district. Only two miles in length, this is an easy parade for those who haven't marched in years. And besides, when was the last time you've had over a million people screaming for you?

When:
The parade commences the evening of Saturday, February 7, 2009. A mandatory rehearsal will be held from 12:00pm to 3:00pm at Renegades secret practice area, "Site X" on Treasure Island (in the middle of the San Francisco Bay). We meet at the parade for warm-up at 5:30pm. We will eat and party before and after the parade at Chevy's (see below).

Why:
As the official drum corps of the city of San Francisco, the Renegades are an ideal match for the San Francisco Chinese New Year parade. With TV coverage, a huge crowd, firecrackers and dragons, this parade is an event not to be missed.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Mizuki

It's the year of the Ox, only reason why I know is because of an obscure Data East fighting game called Fighter's History Dynamite: Karnov's Revenge, the secret last boss is an ox who comes down and trashes your trophy after you beat the last boss, so in an IRC channel I frequent we've been tossing around the "Protect yo trophies" joke.

Mordyan

No marching experience, or musical instrument ability either for that matter, but I am thinking about heading to SF to watch the parade and hang out in the Chinatown street market. Anyone else up for some non-marching fun?

Deonchan - sounds like it would be a blast to be a member of the Renegades even for just one day.

deonchan

Indeed it is.
There is another gather happening on that day to @ the Chevy's n Embarcadero. This could be a blast.

PS – even if you've never marched if you're willing to carry the American or California or any other US flag you can be a part of it

;)
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

quantbits

will be there with a big fat camera, gonna blend right in with everyone else. =3

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

I was born the year of the ox (1985) so of course I wanna go this year. I'll see if I can get that day off of work.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

deonchan

Woot! Parade is this weekend :D
And accuweather is saying "Mainly clear and breezy" for the City!

Oh! (from my corps website)

Chevy's Pre/Post-Parade Party!
Before and after the parade it's party time! Join us in our own room at the Embarcadero Chevys for food, fun and frivolities! Best of all, you can eat/drink to support the Renegades: 15% of the money spent in our room will be donated back to corps when you include a fund-raising flyer with your bill! (provided at the parade) 

Chevys Embarcadero
2 Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 391-2323

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div