Soo... apparently An Cafe is coming back to the Bay Area.

Started by SOawesomeness, January 09, 2009, 09:19:17 PM

SOawesomeness

At Slims-SF in April, the 14th. o:

$30... o:

Here's the link.

I don't like An Cafe, but maybe some of you do and wanna do a get-together there. Or... whatever... >.>
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ultramangaia

I heard about it to but not one of the VK band that I like. I`d like to see Alice nine, `D`, or Versaillas.

Kazuko

An Cafe isnt Visual Kei its considered Oshare Kei

:T man that is a bit pricey but I liked the fanime concert because it was A. Free and B. It gave them a good impression to come back

haha the hyde tickets were cheaper when he made his debute to the US than the an cafe concert x)

Yukari Kaiba

I'm going, bought me and my sister's tickets already. Didn't go see them at Fanime since I was completely exhausted (did go to the autograph session though), but honestly I'd rather see them at Slim's - the venue is smaller and its a much more personal and intimate experience than having to see them play at the auditorium across the con center. And having gone to Slim's before many times, I have a better chance of being right up front =D so I'm excited to have them come back ^^
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Hakaru_chan

oOoOo i want to go. my friend christina was looking forward to this.maybe i can buy her a ticket for her bday! didn't get to see them cause i was at the gainaix gathering. i had a poster too that i want them to sign. can they do autographs at slims?
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Kazuko on January 11, 2009, 12:17:10 AM
An Cafe isnt Visual Kei its considered Oshare Kei

:T man that is a bit pricey but I liked the fanime concert because it was A. Free and B. It gave them a good impression to come back

haha the hyde tickets were cheaper when he made his debute to the US than the an cafe concert x)

Oshare kei is visual kei.

But yeah, news has been out for a while. I actually did like AnCafe initially, regardless of its fanbase, but recently their music has been extremely sub par. But like most visual bands, the concern is more of the visual aspect rather than actually concentrating on good music. But as for all the people constantly suggesting that Fanime should invite them back, rather than invite a new band... and espeeeeecially when they're playing again around the same area is beyond me.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on January 25, 2009, 10:06:39 PM
oOoOo i want to go. my friend christina was looking forward to this.maybe i can buy her a ticket for her bday! didn't get to see them cause i was at the gainaix gathering. i had a poster too that i want them to sign. can they do autographs at slims?

from my experiences having gone there, bands don't normally do autographs at Slim's.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

PrincessCake

why do people always judge bands? I used to like them but now they are all like popular and stuff. It makes no sense at all people. Bands get popular that's what happens.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: PrincessCake on February 01, 2009, 02:29:47 PM
why do people always judge bands? I used to like them but now they are all like popular and stuff. It makes no sense at all people. Bands get popular that's what happens.

You do realize, that no one even brought that up except you. So what exactly are you referring to?

No one said they didn't like them because they were popular. Anyone who has even said that they didn't like AnCafe on this thread is a matter of opinion, because they either don't suit their tastes, are over them, don't like their music. There's nothing wrong with judging bands, because it's an opinion based on actual reasoning. You can't expect everyone to like the same thing, then scold them for having an opinion of a band.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Steve.Young

That is all.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jerry

Quote from: Steve.Young on February 01, 2009, 10:23:35 PM

That is all.

ha ha,

dot dot dot

is seconded. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

RadioactiveKitty

for some reason my parents think An Cafe is a satanic band O_O*???* do they resemble ANY Satanism? I mean The GazettE, I would understand, they scream. But An Cafe XD

I WISH I COULD GO THOUGH! I LIVE IN THE BAY AREA! but i will be in Disneyland XP so its not all bad. BUT LIKE say... Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Visual Kei, Slank, or Dir En Grey... i would pay ANY price to see them,

h-chan

I've got one ticket I need to get rid of. I paid $34 with fees, but make me an offer. I'm In Antioch. You can come get it from me or paypal me and I'll give you my print at home link.

LordKefka

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Phantomhive.LolitaKei

MY GAWD. The concert was AMAZING. They were all so good and they promised another concert so if you couldn't go this time try when they come again.

swear...the concert was the SHIT..
NYAPPY! o(≧∀≦)o
R☆ck Hard & L♥ve Easy.
----------------------------------
Artist, Cosplayer, Model

websites/places to contact me at......
Tumblr:myobiyuki.tumblr.com
DeviantArt: crossdemonization.deviantart.com

Yukari Kaiba

I definitely agree - I've never had so much fun at a live show (they now rival my favorite live performers, the other being The Aquabats are who are amazing live). Definitely going to go again when they come back to the Bay Area :)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

candyshampoo

I went with Phantomhive, because it's her favorite band, and had never listened to a song of theirs before the concert.  It was amazing. Everyone was so energetic... especially Miku. He threw an empty water bottle into the audience, hitting me in the face. There was a large bruise on my face for a week. A large, painful, wonderful bruise. :b