would you buy vhs?

Started by Lady_Hoshi, January 10, 2009, 04:12:37 PM

Lady_Hoshi

I'm not sure if this is the right  section for this, but I am planning to sell some stuff at the swapmeet.  I was wondering if anyone would buy anime on vhs?

I don't want to bring a box of vhs if it isn't going to sell.
Fanime Con 2015 Cosplay:
Fri: Unknown
Sat: Unknown
Sat. night: Panda kigurumi
Sun: Queen Nehelenia (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon)
Mon: Unknown

Steve.Young

I'm not sure VHS is the best thing to try to sell. It's essentially a dead format with people buying it as a collector's item. I dunno. Personally I don't buy that stuff =P.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Runewitt

would really depend on what it was, right? something taped right off the tv is really going to be worth.... nada.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

ewu

not to mention a bootleg and prohibited....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Lady_Hoshi

it's all store bought, stuff like a box set or random videos of series, various movies.
Fanime Con 2015 Cosplay:

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Lady_Hoshi on January 10, 2009, 08:50:34 PM
it's all store bought, stuff like a box set or random videos of series, various movies.

I would say to post what you have on VHS in the swap meet thread that we have (I think it's in the events subforum, I don't remember) and see if anyone bites. If nobody wants it before it's time for Fanime it's probably better that you don't have to lug all the VHS tapes there with you just so people look at them and keep walking. Or, if you still want to bring the VHS instead of laying them all out you could have a list of what you have on sale on VHS (some people collect that kind of stuff, ya never know). It's just a bunch of VHS tapes clogging up your selling space might turn people off to what you might have for sale.

All of this, of course, in my humble opinion.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Barnes

I still buy vhs. Mostly 80s material.
Do you have some 80's anime? If so, I'd love to see what you have.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Shinsengumi

It depends on what anime your selling I might buy some, I have a couple of anime on VHS as long as there not bootlegs
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Lady_Hoshi

Quote from: FanFicGuru on January 11, 2009, 11:19:17 AM

I would say to post what you have on VHS in the swap meet thread that we have

thank you, as soon as I finalize the list, I will do that
Fanime Con 2015 Cosplay:

sunrise-oasis

I still have vhs's for sale as well but they are only successful if they are in either a box set, mint or a very very hard to find anime. Alot of these days use dvd's but vhs is still a classic to see most of the thigns you cannot find..
Take example, Samurai pizza cats.. people will remember the old days and will buy th..
if its a rare one. I think Saban's adventure of the little mermaid is one but thats asomething I am searching for..
I already have all 8 vhs's sets but im concern about selling foreign dvd's..
I mean I know its illegal to buy a dvd that was made for a specific dvd player... but what about comptuers? those are region free!. well point is im still searching for them but I still think there is hope to selling vhs but only those if they remember it or if its very rare to find..
I think sailor moon boxset is going to be the hardest to find since I KNOW dic license that series...!

kollunz

I don't have a VHS player anymore....
doot