Super Smash Brothers Brawl Panel

Started by Asa_Gohan, January 12, 2009, 01:25:57 AM

Asa_Gohan

Now, then...This is going to be a panel that will cover all of the advanced techs that you can find in the game.  We'll also be showing little tricks and glitches that you can do inside of the game that will either help you out, or just be something fun or silly that you can show to your friends.  We'll be seeing if we can hold a total of 3 panels that will expand over the course of the weekend.  First panel, we will be showing off some of the cool glitches and what not. As well as a couple of Featured Guests...

The next 2 panels will be consisting of a Doubles Tournament, and a Singles Tournament consisting over the course of both panels.  That is...if I can get the other two panels to be practically back to back and towards the end of the line so that we wont have to make other panelists wait...If thats possible...

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Barnes

I remember that last year's panel was canceled.
Are you sure that you can run a full Brawl tourney in 2 hours or less*? I'm just asking.
EDIT: Wait a minute, oh.
*=As far as I know, panels can only go up to two full hours, unless I'm missing something.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Asa_Gohan

Yeah...I cancel'd last years because really...There just wasnt enough stuff that was figured out yet for the game that would have been interesting.  Though, now that an entire year has passed, many things have been figured out that I would want to show off to those who arent into this stuff as much as I am. 

Anyways, when I first held my panel, it ended up being that I could have used the room past the 2 hour mark since there werent any panels after that.  And I do hope that I can do the same here.  Unlike the ones held at Fanime, I intend on having people bring TVs to help supply the tournament.  If theyre able to of course.  And the more stations we have, the smoother this tournament will run.  I have quite a few people that have run big tournaments before with numbers in the hundreds.  I doubt there will be that many entrees but oh well...

I already have in mind what the rules are since they have been used a lot of tournaments...And they seem to go by pretty nicely.  Though, Im probably going to be putting up an entree fee too...Probably something cheap, like 2-5 dollars.  Not to make a pot, but to ensure that people will show back up and report their matches and what not.  Its basically insurance that the tournament will run smoothly and that no one will flake out or else they would have wasted their money...

Kava

If you want to hold tournaments, please get in touch with our e-gaming department, as that would not be a panel. However, I don't believe we allow charging $$ for events of any type.

If you want to hold a panel again, please let me know. We will need to discuss some things.

-Rena
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Asa_Gohan

Alright.  Yeah, I figured on the money portion, but I figured Id say it, anyways just in case...Its always good to find out if there are any restrictions or rules that I would have to follow.  And sure, Id be glad to.

Barnes

People bringing in extra tvs=Ooops, I forgot about that.

Quote from: Kava on January 12, 2009, 07:33:03 PM
If you want to hold tournaments, please get in touch with our e-gaming department, as that would not be a panel. However, I don't believe we allow charging $$ for events of any type.

If you want to hold a panel again, please let me know. We will need to discuss some things.

-Rena

Oh.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Asa_Gohan

Alright, so lets see...I wanna do 3 panels for this covering the following
Tricks, and Glitches
Were going to be showing some of the glitches in Brawl that you can go and show off to your friends, as well as some cool tricks that you can probably use in your matches.
Character Specific Tricks, and Q&A
Were going to try to cover each of the characters, their specialties, and what they can pull off that will help you win.  Afterwards we can do some Q&A
How to Survive in Competitive Smash
Were going to be covering the basic techniques, and skills that you WILL need to learn in order to survive your matches that will hopefully help you get better overall as a player no matter what character you are using, and like the one before, we can do some Q&A.

So, what do you guys think?

PyronIkari

Quote from: Asa_Gohan on February 24, 2009, 02:31:45 AM
Alright, so lets see...I wanna do 3 panels for this covering the following
Tricks, and Glitches
Were going to be showing some of the glitches in Brawl that you can go and show off to your friends, as well as some cool tricks that you can probably use in your matches.
Character Specific Tricks, and Q&A
Were going to try to cover each of the characters, their specialties, and what they can pull off that will help you win.  Afterwards we can do some Q&A
How to Survive in Competitive Smash
Were going to be covering the basic techniques, and skills that you WILL need to learn in order to survive your matches that will hopefully help you get better overall as a player no matter what character you are using, and like the one before, we can do some Q&A.

So, what do you guys think?

But I can read all of that on gamefaqs.

Asa_Gohan

Then name all the moves that effectively go through the tornado, and then give me a complete explanation on physics of DI, and how to survive at higher percents after being hit with a kill move.  Then give me the resource on game faqs of where you got this information.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Asa_Gohan on March 03, 2009, 10:50:33 PM
Then name all the moves that effectively go through the tornado, and then give me a complete explanation on physics of DI, and how to survive at higher percents after being hit with a kill move.  Then give me the resource on game faqs of where you got this information.

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=f90a6d1070eb00b01a88ee9da28e286f&f=181

Done.

Plus, how will you explain all that, in an hour of time? What about people that have no clue what a tornado is, and are just learning the game? They will be completely lost? What if... the people that come in... are better than you?

otakuapprentice

Then he renames it "Smash Bros. BRAWL for Dummies."
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Asa_Gohan

Yeah...I said Game Faqs just because I knew the stuff wasnt on there lol. Its all on the site that you have given, which is already what I go on.

Im going to be doing more than 1 panel.  I want to do 3 2 hour ones so I can have enough time to explain everything properly without having to rush things.

The second panel is going to be character specific so that is when I'll be explaining all the character stuff, and give each of them a quick overview.

The first one being shown is going to be all the glitches, and some ATs that are universal to each character. 

The people that come in are better than me? I wouldnt be surprised, and on the other hand I wouldnt really care because I have a stupid amount of knowledge of the game, and that is what I want to show.  Not my ability to perform in singles or doubles matches.  Plus thats going to be kind of hard since Im going to have some of the best players in norcal help me out with this panel.

Kava

I don't have any panel requests from you. Are you going to try to host an event through e-gaming, or were you going to give a panel?
Rena

narutofan17

You know that I will be there! I remember it being canceled last yeas as well. It was the one panel that I was loooking for too. You broke my heart!!!!! XD jk. Yeah, I'm lookin to raise my Smash skill...I need it TT_TT
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Batman77

;D what are you talking about? there are no glitches in smash at all  lol

Kava

As a note to those interested, no panel request was ever received for this panel, so it isn't on the schedule.

-Rena
Rena

narutofan17

Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Asa_Gohan

Apparently I didnt get all the stuff from the other in time...So I dont think Im going to hold one this year as I know I wont have enough time to show everything in the game with just 2 hours.  So, Im not going to do it this year, and if I can I'll wait till next year to do this.  In addition, give the game more time to develop more advanced stuff then there is now.  Despite there being so much...

@Batman77
Er...Yes there are >_>